I've played several games and keep picking up new things that can be done each time...so that is good.
In general, I'm definitely enjoying the game but have a few minor questions:
(1) Is there no "global summary" of how many ships and what class etc anywhere. I know you have the "windows explorer" like thing on the left hand side, but that is pretty scattered when you are trying to assess the "big picture". Plus the search function above that is pretty darn useless...unless I'm doint it wrong.
(2) The "artifacts" section: Only found a couple of things so far...actually only one... a penal colony on an asteroid. Is that an automatic bonus? It is "research" but can't click on it...so I'm thinking it is just stuck there because "hey...ya gotta put it somewhere"
(3) Now this is my BIGGEST problem with the game so far. TIMING....especially with ship building.
I spend X amount of time pummelling down someones capital ship inside their home gravity well...and hurray! I have destroyed it..time to rush over and finish off that capital ship factory. But wait..before I can even move my ships into position to attack the factory...they've built another one in about 1/15th the time it took to destroy. It doesn't make sense to me that one can build a ship faster than it takes to destroy a ship. Going along these lines...I race to destory their frigate factory which is still being built when I enter the gravity well (5% complete). I rush over and while I'm attacking it they are able to build 5 frigates (I was attacking with 5 weak TEC frigates). Ok two points here:
(a) Timing is off again...can't build a frigate factory + 5 ships in the amount of time it takes to destroy one with bombardment
( How the heck can the factory be so productive while being shelled up the arse? Your telling me that me firing massive amounts of lasers/missles into a factory has zero effect on it's productivity...c'mon.
(4) In general the speed at which things are produced is just a bit overwhelming when compared with the time it takes to destroy them or even travel within a gravity well. Feels like you are chasing your tail half the time when battles are close.
(5) Question: Piracy and bounty...I see that bounty decreases when the ships/facilities are destroyed...but if YOU destroy the ships/facilities, do you collect that bounty and your credits go up? (haven't had a chance to really notice).
Thanks in advance for your posts...I really would like to find out more about the timing issue and see if others have similar feelings.