Ok, after having having the music from GCII haunt my dreams the past two nights from playing so much, I have a couple of questions:
1. Does Stellar Cartography actually do anything? I've zoomed in and out and looked, and looked, but I just cannot see any difference in the minimap regarding planet qualities. I thought it was supposed to help you see which planets were habitable in the minimap so you don't have to explore the whole universe, but they all look the same to me..
2. Influence starbases don't seem to need to be around planets to be usefull, do they indeed affect a planets influence rating as well(such as a economic starbase helps a planets economy), or do they just add to that areas' influence?
3. Just how many ships do I need to be considered a threat so I can extort money from the minor races? I've had 4 medium size ships and 4 transports sitting just outside a Minors planet after having eliminated thier entire fleet, and still they only see me as a "potential" threat.
4. What tech do I need to be able to start building survey vessels? In one game, I could build "core" survey ships, but in all the other games, even if I have the ability to add the the survey module and large hulls, I cannot build core survey ships. What gives?
5. After reading about approval ratings and what not, I have this question: Is 50% taxes and 100% spending with small populations actually better than huge populations at 21% tax and 50% spending?
6. Why are the people on my homeworld allways seem to be the ones pulling down my approval rating?(They allways seem to have the lowest approval)
7. Is there a way to turn off the grid in the minimap, and is there anyway to turn off the sector grid completely in the main screen?
Thanks in advance, and stay away from my starbases!