Twilight of the Arnor
I just re-installed the Ultimate Edition.
I was not asked for my registration code. There is no Launcher in the game folder. There are no icons on the desktop. I was asked to reboot the system, though.
If I run GC2 (Dread Lords) or Dark Avatar using the EXE files and start a new game, then everything seems to be working fine.
If I run Twilight of the Arnor and start a new game, it will work until it gets to the "creating galaxy" screen at which point it crashes to desktop (black screen).
If I run TOTA and load a saved game, then it seems to work.
I cannot start a new game in TOTA.
- I purchased this game from Stardock
- This is the filename: GalCiv2_UltimateEdition_2.20.exe
- The file date is: 10/13/2016
- Windows 10 v1809/64-bit/32GB RAM/FX-8350 AMD CPU
- RX580 GPU
- All chipset and GPU drivers are up-to-date
- I uninstalled the Ultimate Edition in its entirety and downloaded the whole file once again from Stardock
- I also removed all references in the Windows Registry
- I re-installed the entire game and now everything seems to be working
I still wasn't asked for a license code, though. There still is no Launcher and I had to create my own shortcuts to the three games. No big deal, but I do think it odd.