Sounds good. I'm still not sure whether to actual go with the 10% PQ-bonus, but that would be easy enough to change.
see, use your imagination and don't prejudge!
Don't blame me. My imagination sucks.
So dose this mean there's nothing for me right now!?!??
For now at least.
Anyway I have found out its impossible for me to update my galciv2 copy to version 2.04 because impulse is dead, leaving no options...apart for this update witch I can do manually HA!
Can you register your game? If so, you should be able to download a new copy directly from Stardock.
1. Do the Thalans now get some of higher "generic" morale improvements? Because the loss of the 0G improvement is a HUGE problem for them unless they get something to compensate.
The Thalan still have the Recuperation Center, which now uses the same stats as the Zero-G Amusement. The entry in the spreadsheet still showed the stats for my mod, which I just fixed.
2. Change the Neutrality Learning Center to be a 1pp improvement. Being a SP is hardly worth the extreme cost of the 1-off tech plus expense of building it just to get a single building.
I turned it into a SP, because that is the easiest way for the AI to handle it. However, if the majority wants to turn it into a 1pp, then I'll do it. How does cost 200, maintenance 5, 12rp, +25% research sound?
3. Why did we drop the Xeno Lab? Is Xeno Research being dropped completely? Or is Xeno Research only going to give a civ-wide research bonus now?
I removed it, because I wanted to use a maximum output of 12rp for all labs, and having six lab improvements made that difficult. Xeno Research still exists. It grants a 5% Research bonus now.
4. For a race that desperately needs economics boosts, why did the Efficiency Center get disabled?
The AI has difficulty using all the must-have 1pp improvements. I doubled the bonuses of the Efficiency Studies techs instead, and gave the Yor access to the governments. That, combined with much lower maintenance costs, should give the Yor economy a good boost.
5. Add a new Stalk type to the Yor - available at the sample place as the Charging Stalks, also adds +2 to population, but gives a +25% economic boost rather than a +25% morale boost.
I don't like this idea. The way the Charging Stalks are now makes sure, that the Yor will have a maximum population of 20b on its planet, while being able to keep those people happy (unless the AI goes overboard with its taxes). Adding another farm improvement would imbalance that. I'd rather add a small economy bonus to the Collectives.
This reminds, I've forget to make the standard farm techs un-tradeable.
6. Is the Biosphere Modulator now supposed to give a population growth bonus, instead of a manufacturing bonus?
Yes. The manufacturing bonus didn't make sense to me, considering what the Biosphere Modulator is supposed to do (make the planet adapt to you). It also helps the Drath with their pop. growth penalty.
7. The Freighter Command SP is FAR too powerful. Dump it completely.
How so? It just makes sure, that the trade routes stay active, no matter how many times the freighters get destroyed. Compared to the Galactic Privateer, which was completely broken, it's pretty reasonable.
8. Change the Thalan's Hyperion Matrix to something closer to the TA-level stats.
I only reduced the farming bonus of the Hyperion Matrix (it's the equivalent of two Advanced Xeno Farms now), because I wanted to prevent a situation where building more farms on the same planet could lead to a population of over 20b. All its other stats are unchanged.
I'm used to the TA thing, which renamed the Gaia to Hyperion, and then removed the old Hyperion.
I'm not sure what you mean.
9. I'm OK with removing the Movement bonus of the Terran's Innovation Complex (they're already fast, so no need here), but the Research Bonus I'd like to keep - it's small but helps them out in the beginning for a bit, and the influence bonus isn't that useful for most games.
I removed the research, because the AI loves building that thing on bonus tiles, which is a complete waste. You can't upgrade or remove it, so you're stuck with 5rp on a +100%, +300%, or +700% tile.
10. The Galactic Guide Book should reduce the SIZE of the Survey Module to 0, NOT the COST. Who cares about the cost (it's trivial), it's the size that matters, as the space that it takes up is far more critical than the cost.
I would love to do that, but it isn't possible. The devs only added a tag for an alternative cost, but not an alternative size. Another idea for the GGB would be to turn it into a TG, and give it a Influence bonus instead. The GGB is obviously based on the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, so it would make sense.
11. For defenses - I presume the Blue are given by Good Alignment, the Dark Red by Evil Alignment, and the lighter Red are being removed? If not, please clarify.
That's correct. I really should add a legend to the spreadsheet it seems. I also still need to update the starbase modules tab.
12. Can we remove the Range bonuses due to the range techs? Only Life Support modules should increase range.
I was thinking the same. Plus reducing the power of the support modules a little. Increasing your range is just way too easy. It would also make the Hyperion Re-Supply Center more useful. Still, I want to hear what the others have to say first.
I think a good invasion option for the thalan would be something to do with time slowing or something.
I was thinking of making their Mechanized Warriors an actual option.