I'm posting this here as well since it is AI related to spouses:
OP here reply# 4: https://forums.elementalgame.com/407743
Brad/Darek - I recommend the following for spouses:
- They are unmoddable, correct?
- Can they be changed to be moddable?
- Spouses do not wander and they are not max geared throughout the game - it appears they get some token gear waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beneath existing tech levels of the player which means they're never a challenge
- All of this leaves them as baby factories only - which is lame, their defense of the capital is horrible. If they were tougher it would help counter early game rushing like I documented above.
- From a design standpoint can you please treat them as a moddable guardian unit of the capital city? What I mean is, can they defend the capital by being geared appropriately based on difficulty level (i.e. if higher difficulty they have better gear)? If not hardcoded, allow the mod community to mod the units to consider doing something with these units?
- A human player of an AI faction would gear the sovs, spouses, and champions especially considering the resource buffs they get on harder difficulty levels.
The Distinct Factions mod I'm testing would be even better (it's already awesome) if Impinc/Kenata could mod those units and add custom gear and stuff to the spouses. I'd love to see enemy capitals be much harder to conquer early game. In GalCivII the player could not rush an enemy homeworld because of 1. distance 2. techs needed to actually invade a planet. We need something like that in this game. Just my opinion of course.