It is really appreciated that you are willed to spend your free time on our loved game!
I have few requests. Some smaller, some bigger, many unlikely that they will included – but it would be great if they are!
1. Fix the glitch in the financial management screen on the economy tab: when you lock the distribution of military, social and science spending and play some turns, you will have same locks in place starting a new game. (so really a minor glitch)
2. Improve the AI! (always good )
3. Improve the balancing! (also good, but more difficult and time consuming. If you willing to do that the forum could brainstorm with you for help and hints )
4. Improve modability:
I know, the modding comunity never really took off with galciv2 – unfortunately. But still, you can do some funny stuff with the editors. But few things are lacking:
- We cannot edit the tax generating formula and also the unhappiness formula for the game
- We cannot edit how much yield asteroids offer (and how strong the distance penalties are)
- I REALLY would love to be able to group buildings on planets and ship modules and enforcing a limit of how much of the goup items I can place on the planet / ship (like how much engines, how much deflector shilds, how much super-killing-secret-weapon-of-mass-destruction I can place on capital ships or how much market places of any type [former tier as later tier] on a planet and so on). It also would be cool to have the option to limit certain ship modules to certain hules (so you can differentiate between fighter weapons and capital ship weapons and so on) It really would help to make few things possible that currently are not.
- Beeing able to adjust tech inflation for my games (e.g. turning it off)
Edit: seems like the forum software glitches when a text is imported from ms word with some formating done.