Plus some actual mod!
I have always been a big Metroid fan since 4th grade, and I have had the idea of creating a Mtroid game or mod for nearly as long. When I got GC2, I realised that it would be a great platform for a Metroid mod. Originally, I thought I was the only Metroid guy on the forums, but an odd little conversation over at Elemental convinced me to go public:
Set at some point between Prime: Echoes and Prime: Corruption, this mod enables you to control any of the major players in the Metroid universe:
- Galactic Federation
- Zebesian Alliance (Space Pirates)
- Nolor Vangaurd(Gandrayda's species)
- Urtagan Disciples (rogue Pirates from Prime 3: Corruption)
- Phrygisian Conglomerate (Rundas' species)
- Diamont Authority
- Vhozon Orthodoxy
- Ing Horde
- Luminoth Resurgence
- Elysian Mainframe
- Kriken Empire
- Possible secret race........
I intend to have complete tech trees, conversations, flavor text, and shipstyles for all races, as well as new music, a new UI, new improvements, and planets.
PREVIEW PACK RELEASE APLHA: After a few months of looking for a suitable upload for my Preview Pack, I have finally been able to get it posted here! During the wait, I completed a new minor race: The Enoema (aka. Kanden). There are also new terrein pics for the planet screens (no new planets, yet, though), and PARTIAL FlavorText conversions. The site is only good for up to 30 days, but I hope to have MUCH more on the way by then!
Questions? Comments? Requests?
Also, if anyone has expericance with 3-D modelling or animation and is willing to make weapon FX or ship parts, please drop me a post: I've been trying to tech myself how to use Blender, but I'm just too busy with the rest of this ungodly massive mod to make much headway.
UPDATE 004: Well, after a long hiatus betatesting EWOM, I'm back at the mod with a vengreance! Already replaced the entire GC2 soundtrack with music from the Metroid series, and have gotten a good way through the Luminoth tech tree. Also been working on the economic and improvement systems, although Wii difficulties have prevented me from screenshotting any pictures. I also plan to redo the UI, but that's still a loooooooong way off.
- Create text and stats for major races. *DONE*
- Create logos and graphics for major races. *DONE*
- Rip contact music for major races. *DONE*
- Compose Default tech tree. *DONE*
- Metroidize all game music. *DONE*
- Create default improvement set. *DONE*
- Create default ship component set. *DONE*
- Create default starbase module and miscellaneous economic thing set.*DONE*
- Retool flavortext.
- Retool conversations.
- Create race-specific tech trees.
- Create race-specific improvements.
- Create race-specific miscellaneous economic things.
- Rip in-game movies and popup pictures.*DONE*
- Rip improvement pictures. (Haven't looked @ Fox's set recently, may be more done than I thought)
- Retool weapon and UI sound effects.
- Create weapons impact animations.
- Create weapons flight animations.
- Create new User Interface.
- Create scenario maps.
- Create scenario missions.
- Create Campaign and campaign graphics.
- Create new ship styles.
- Create new component models.
Movies and popups are done! Fox, I would really appreciate getting a few new ship models, but I've got a lot of other stuff to do as well, so there's no real rush.
All hail commander Ridley!
P.S: If anyone knows how the weapon animations work, I would greatly appreciate tips on how to make them in Blender.