I have definately started new games on every attempt. Is there an option that allows for mods to be active in a normal game; or am I just modding the wrong files?...
Twice Yes, you messing up the game files, which generally works as well, if done correctly
1. Check, if a "Mods" Folder exists in your
C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Twilight\ , if not, create one
2. start the game, in the ingame options screen activate mods, and set it to default, and restart & leave again
3. Check C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Twilight\Mod and there should be
a new Default folder
4. copy & paste the default folder and rename to eg. MyMod
5. in C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Twilight\Mod\MyMod , open the ModDescription.xml change to eg.
- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="yes"?>
- <Mod Name="Generic">
- <Description>using my modfolder</Description>
6. do 2. again but set it to the newly created MyMod folder
The directory structure of the MyMod folder should be quite selfexplaining...
putting files into the ..Twilight\MyMod\Data sub folders will add stuff to the games default settings, filenames to your likening
Place a customized copy of any file from ..\Twilight\Data\English into ..Twilight\MyMod\Data will replace game stuff, filename needs to be the same