Newb to Ultimate

By on December 22, 2011 5:27:19 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Monarch1st

Join Date 12/2009

Hi all. I'm new to ultimate, having got it just today during the special.

Really you could say I'm new to galciv, having played only a few games of dread lords, and that was a while back.

I've found the wiki and am reading up on it, so won't have questions on most things until finished anyway.

What I do have a question on is: how to cheat? I put the parameter in the shortcut like the wiki says, but you have to use galciv2.exe, not gc2launch. But then it crashes if you start in the twilight folder. But if you don't start in the twilight folder, you aren't playing ultimate.

Before anyone says anything, this is how & why I use cheats. I 'fix' everything except one element and play until I thoroughly understand that one thing. Then fix all but another element until that's understood, so now two elements are released to the real world. Then fix another, and another until all are understood and no cheating. I find this to be a fast way of climbing the learning curve without the pain of losing over and over until you finally get it. Not that it should matter to anyone, but most always someone complains so hopefully now they wont. Wishful thinking maybe.

So anyway, thanks for the help. It looks to be a very fun game so far. Once I understand it anyway.

8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 22, 2011 10:15:51 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Well this is what I use on my shortcurt properties (Twilight of the Arnor)

TARGET

D:\GalCiv2EU\Twilight\GC2TwilightOfTheArnor.exe cheat

space then cheat

There is a post on here somehwere with the list of cheats that can be done

December 22, 2011 10:31:02 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Welcome Monarch1st to Galactic Civilzations II.

I am sorry I can't help you but there are some Mods you can try.  I am sure someone can point you tothe right forum, try looking at Modding Forums that might help to get you started it.

I play my games only in Metaverse and that is where the Empires are battle it out!  You should at least check out my Empire (Just click on the red links). You and Everybody else are welcome to join too!

"We are at war with forces too terrible to comprehend. We cannot afford mercy for any of its victims

too weak to take the correct course. Mercy destroys us; it weakens us and saps our resolve. Put aside all

such thought. They are not worthy of Inquisitors in the service of Our Empress Saint Mina . Praise her

name for in our resolve we only reflect her purpose of will."

Inquisitor Lord Draco of Adepta Sororitas

Castigations on the Last Days

We are looking for players to join to be aggressive Admirals to lead my fleets across the Galaxy. 

Saint Mina of Ophelia VII of Order of the Bloody Rose of Orders Militant of Adepta Sororitas

Saint Mina

December 22, 2011 11:18:30 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Hi! I wrote a guide introducing players to Twilight of the Arnor expansion.

TA 101

I hope it helps!

December 23, 2011 1:30:06 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Thanks everyone. I've found the code list, but the problem was the crashing.

And I might get to the metaverse someday, but not soon. I definitely want to be up to speed first.

So I gather is that ultimate is no different than twilight? Nothing added?

December 23, 2011 1:59:57 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

While I'm at it, I guess I do have one or two questions that I'll ask here:

Are there ships you can download?

As I said above, one thing at a time, and designing ships will come later. So it'd be nice if there were a complete coterie of ships available. Even fairly generic as long as they're effective.

Is there such a thing? All I see in the download section is the stores to buy the game.

December 23, 2011 2:50:41 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

DA and TA have template designs.  Place modules wherever you like, save and go kick some alien butt.

If you don't even want to do that, you can let the computer auto-design ships for you.

If you want some ready-made Terran templates, I recommend this.  You can customise the Terrans as an opponent and set those as your ship style.  The auto-designer will use your ship style, if it is set.

December 24, 2011 12:04:44 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Thanks. I'll go try those ships.

What is the auto-designer & how do you activate it? I didn't find mention of it in the manual.

December 24, 2011 3:05:17 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

It's a toggle on the options screen (under Interface) cunningly labelled 'Auto Design Ships for Player.'

Once that's activated, there will be a Focus button you can click on on the shipyard (it is dimmed and does nothing if the above option is not enabled) to decide what mixture of weapons and defences you want on auto-designed ships.  Bear in mind though, it can only design ships using (weapons) modules you have researched.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time: