The stellar exodus

The story of the Terran Alliance

By on December 19, 2011 12:56:07 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Jurremans

Join Date 12/2011

I recently bought GC2. Because it was the illustrated AAR written by qrtxian that convinced me to try the game I wanted to create my own as well. So I want to give a big thank you to him! I also want to thank whoever created the "midnight" shipset for the Terrans, which I now use whenever I play the humans, including the game I'll describe here.

I'm going to start my own story driven AAR inspired by "Yet another Terran AAR". Being a story, I'm going to act things out in a way I feel makes sense storywise, while it might not make perfect gameplay sense at the same time.

Being new to the game backstory I'm still not entirely sure what the storyline would be in a non-campaign game; so I'll just start where the lore tells me that the Terrans created the hyperdrive from the principles of Arcean strargate tech and take it from there. I'm going to assume that the Terrans are at that point aware of at least the races the Arceans had been in contact with. But that they just couldn't reach them before.

I'll keep the messages short, but hopefully interesting enough to keep reading.

7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 19, 2011 1:47:42 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

(deleted on 8 januari 2012, will restart this AAR once I found the right mods to make fighting the AI's a little more interesting to watch.)

December 19, 2011 3:28:53 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

(deleted)

December 19, 2011 3:53:58 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

(deleted)

December 19, 2011 4:47:23 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

(deleted)

December 20, 2011 1:52:48 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I'm honestly touched that I inspired someone to write an AAR, so thanks.

What are your settings?

December 21, 2011 6:51:46 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I was playing in a huge galaxy, nine races on normal difficulty (advanced is where it starts getting too hard for me at my current level of experience). I selected the option where the stars were spread out, and habitable planets are "uncommon".

Unfortunately I'll have to discontinue this AAR already, as there was a duplicate Terran Alliance in the game. Apparently the game uses my own custom races as well, and picked my custom terran race as one of the random AI empires. Maybe I should wait until I understand the fundamentals about the game a little better before I post my own AAR's.

December 21, 2011 10:32:12 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I say you should try again - just temporarily delete the custom Terrans, or hand-pick your opponents.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time: