Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Beams, Missiles, or Mass Drivers?

By on December 5, 2011 8:03:33 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

dnzrx

Join Date 06/2007
+1

I was wondering, what are your favorite weapons to arm your ships with in many of your games?

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 5, 2011 8:09:58 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

My favorites are the ones that are least popular with the computer players. Early game, I tend to favor beams for aesthetic reasons, but as soon as I have enough intel to see what the least common defense tech out there is, I go for the weapons that match it.

December 5, 2011 11:40:37 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I generally go with the second least popular among the computer players, so I can still try and trade some. In particular, I've noticed that minor races almost unfailingly all go with the same weapons type, so if I haven't developed weapons before they do, I'll tend to go with that type.

December 6, 2011 8:22:30 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Me, I usually go for mass driver at first but that is because I was playing with the Iconian tech tree and the Scatter Blasters make good n' cheap weapons.

After I research Scatter Blasters III, I will then go with any of the weapons type with is the least popular with the computer players. Although the beam weapons I'm not too keen on since the time to get past Kinetic Streams III and Advanced Beam Weapons are huge (about the same amount of time to research Massive Scale Building).

If I'm going with beam weapons, I will trade with the Thalan.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000157   Page Render Time: