Play by Council Planning Thread

By on October 10, 2010 4:16:22 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

TMS2224

Join Date 01/2010
+9

Scince Master123wr seems to have disapeared I decided to start my own Play by council. I do think something more alien than the Kushana Initiative would be fun, but tell me what you want. Also, I'm working on a backstory now but am open to ideas. If anybody has any post them. Ideas for a name, elements of the backstory, etc. are all welcome.

NOTES:

-Members of the ____?____ council will be people who participate in the planning discussion/ who ask to join.

-I am playing this on a laptop and can't figure out how to get screenshots, they come out as black boxes, to work. I will type the info instead of using thumbs.

12 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 10, 2010 7:28:14 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Well i would like to join. And like i said in the other post i want a machine race maybe the yor, but something like a machine apocalypse or roucge scientist building machines.

October 11, 2010 1:30:18 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Alright, here is one race that I have come up with(I have others themed after "machine apocalypse"but I'm still retyping them):

Race: Nin Altarian Pact

Leader: High Altarian Gork

Home star/world: New Altaris/New Altaria

Tech Tree: Drengin

Ship Style: Altarian

Back story: The pact was established before Altaria was united, before the Arceans contacted Altaria, before the star gate. It is an evil version of the Altarians. During Altarian Unification a group of one billion colonists from the Altarian Nation-State of Angor left on sub-light sleeper ships. During the first ten years of their journey they stumbled upon a temporary wormhole. It sent them to an unknown part of the galaxy where they established a colony and the Pact. Built on the ideals of enslavement and extortion, the Pact is E-V-I-L. The pact belives that they must unite the galaxy under one banner, theirs. They are incessant warmongers and belive Diplomacy is for Dummies. Their motto is "Death to Altaria"…

October 11, 2010 1:44:52 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

(Minor Races Off)

Race: Intragmon Collective Minds

Leader: High Mind Sigmar

Home star/world: Intris/Intragmo

Tech Tree: Yor

Ship Style: Yor

Back story: When the Dark Yor left Iconia in sublight ships they went to the nearest known inhabited system, Intris. There they assimilated the local primitive populus, the Intrgor, and began building industries and a planet-wide economy. After 100 years of building up they made a sub light invasion fleet and sent 8,000 Intrgor in them to Iconia. The attack failed and during the battle the central control node of the fleet was destroyed. The liberated Intrgor, numbering 100, went to Iconia V to establish a colony of free Intrgor. The Yor, of course, destroyed the entire contient that the colony was on with asteroid bombardment. In 2225 the Minds are driven by a desire to assimilate the Yor Collective. Also, when a unit is close to ending its functions (dying) the Minds download its conciousness into a mobile computer. Then, the minds build a new "body" for the unit and cownload the conciousness into the new unit. Thus, their creativity is high. There are always new units and conciousness being made, thus their population increases. Like the Yor, they need Organic foodstuffs to survive.

October 11, 2010 2:10:38 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Race: Traz Nanos

Leader: Nanite Operator 1

Home star/world: Trazil/Traz

Tech Tree: Yor

Ship Style: Terran

Back story: These are biological beings, except for the nanites infecting their bodies. 100 years before 2220 on Traz, a nanite factory exploded, releasing trillions of smart medical nanites into the planet's biosphere. They spread, and within days they infected every living thing on the planet. A scientist, Doctor Cairal Marcilo, invented a "cure" for nanites. She tested it on herself. However, the medicine had the opposite effect. It made the nanites intelligent, gave them control of her body, and gave the nanites the ability to manufacture more of their kind. Masquerading as the doctor, the nanites went all over the planet, selling her "cure" to unsuspecting people. Every citzen became infected. Now, the entire planet is controlled by the nanites. The doctor is Nanite Controller 1. The human scout ship has been assimilated along with its crew. When the Nanos assimilate you they have full access to your memory and knowledge and control your body, but you don't die, you see everything you do but are powerless to stop yourself. You are basically trapped in a little black box and forced to watch what your body does on a huge screen. Trapped for eternity…

October 13, 2010 5:26:54 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Which Race do you want?

October 14, 2010 10:43:43 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

It's a toss up between the Nin Altarians and the Nanos for me.  I like the nano story, but I'm already playing a game with Yor tech.  Drengin on the other hand, never done.

Choices, choices . . .

Let's see what Carlos says, then I'll decide.

October 14, 2010 5:45:26 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I think i'll go with the drengi solely on the basis of the good background. the nanos one is a little too far-fetched for me (It's funny how you turn off your sense of disbelieve for some thing and not for others, it seems completely arbitrary to me).

October 14, 2010 5:46:58 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Death to Altaria!

October 14, 2010 6:05:11 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Mwahahahaha!

I'll create it and post the stats by tomorrow at 6:00

October 15, 2010 8:07:07 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Alright, how is this for the race?

Race:

Ship Trim: White  Ship Hull: Black

Super Ability: Super Warrior

Abilities: Military Production;+50/HP;30/Weapons;+20/Soldiering;+30/Espionage;+30/Defense;+10

WAR PARTY

Does anyone care how the galaxy is set up? I usually play HUGE, 8 Minors, Mega Events ON, with the AI at Normal, habitable planets occasional, stars abudant, planets abundant.

OR do you care? can I set it up this way/however I want with no crying?

If you have a problem with these settings please post them.

October 15, 2010 9:02:26 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting TMS2224,
Alright, how is this for the race?

Race:

Ship Trim: White  Ship Hull: Black

Super Ability: Super Warrior

Abilities: Military Production;+50/HP;30/Weapons;+20/Soldiering;+30/Espionage;+30/Defense;+10

WAR PARTY

Does anyone care how the galaxy is set up? I usually play HUGE, 8 Minors, Mega Events ON, with the AI at Normal, habitable planets occasional, stars abudant, planets abundant.

OR do you care? can I set it up this way/however I want with no crying?

If you have a problem with these settings please post them.

I don't care.

October 15, 2010 9:10:50 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Alright, I'll post the new thread for the game as "Nin Altarian Pact-Play by Council"

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time: