The Kushana Coalition for Prosperity

By on October 4, 2010 9:08:00 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

LordCarlos

Join Date 06/2008
+9

The Kushana Coalition for Prosperity

Hello my fellow counsilors. This will be the HQ for "The Kushana Coalition for Prosperity". This will serve as our main forum of discussion about all matters concerning the Kushana Initiative and the Coalition.

Purpose

The purpose of this Coalition is simple advocate for Economical, Social, Research and Trading development of the Initiative. Now what does this mean?, it means we are here to push votes in favor of spending on infrastructure, research, trading and any and all subjects that will increase our economical might.

Please understand that this coalition is pretty liberal on it's control over members. We will not micromanage every vote, nor will we ask you to side with any of the members politics in any way. Instead this coalition only will ask you to do a conjunct vote in matters concerning the development of planets and research of technologies. We only ask you to vote for policies that will increase economic , research, social and trading development. 

Requirments

The requirments are simple:

-You must be part of the council.
-You must believe that the best course of action for the initiative is to build a powerfull infrastructure and economy. 

Current Members:
-LordCarlos
-Noctilucus
-NikolaiOmega 

21 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 5, 2010 9:58:24 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

While I am less than thrilled about this recent development and the creation of 2 sub-coalitions, the discussions have led to an agreement (not even requiring a compromise) so I am lending my vote to The Kushana Coalition for Prosperity.

Not only because I feel that this is the right path for us to follow at this stage but also to bring balance to the equation, by having 2 councilors in each sub-coalition rather than 2 vs. 1

That being said, I am pleased to see that 2 of our fellow councilors tend more strongly towards a militaristic approach; their point of view will nicely balance and complement ours. In my experience as a General in the past, we will need such focus but only after we've got our economy and research up and running. However we should not become complacent and be outrun by other civilizations in the race to arms.

Sincerely,

Councilor Noctilucus

October 5, 2010 10:38:33 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I proposed this coalition, so of course I'm joining.

October 6, 2010 7:34:59 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting TMS2224,
TMS2224's Research Deviation Proposal

Councilor qrtxian, I would like to propose a motion that would be put on the next ballot. The motion would go under Research. It is as follows. We deviate from Dr. Malar's Plan and research up to Stinger One, then we go back to Dr. Malar's Plan.

Ok so councilor TMS2224 it's doing it again. I think we all agree here that at this time it would put us behind of other races if we spend out limited resources developing weapons we won't use in a long time.

So i think we should all vote against this proposal. Anyone has anything to say in this matter?

October 6, 2010 8:04:54 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

He's trying that again? TMS2224 is just a gun nut. Let's bring it down.

October 6, 2010 8:34:43 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

STATEMENT RETRACTED

October 6, 2010 8:34:48 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting NikolaiOmega,
He's trying that again? TMS2224 is just a gun nut. Let's bring it down.

Well i wouldn't know about that councilor but i do feel he is taking an unhealthy approach to this matter. Surely we do not need a technology which we won't use for years, Nor do we need to deviate resources from our colonizing efforts. Building war ships this early on would be wasteful.

I would like to know that all members feel comfortable with the vote, so that i be sure i will have your support on the next elections if this proposal stands.

October 7, 2010 4:27:01 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting LordCarlos,
Surely we do not need a technology which we won't use for years, nor do we need to deviate resources from our colonizing efforts. Building war ships this early on would be wasteful.

I would like to know that all members feel comfortable with the vote, so that i be sure i will have your support on the next elections if this proposal stands.

Fully agree, we need to focus on technologies that improve our production, research and economical capacities and indeed we can not spare the production nor credits to build warships at this point in time.

You can count on my support.

October 8, 2010 12:33:53 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

All Advocates, please be aware that NikolaiOmega is an EotA(Enemy of the Advocates) for insulting our goals and values one too many times. PLEASE act with EXTREME prejudice when discussing things with NikolaiOmega.

****PLEASE NOTE that this should NOT effect how you vote in any way shape or form.****

Heh.

Ha ha.

*muffled laughter*

HA HA HA HA HA!

*Hysterical laughter*

*Falls on the floor, maniacal laughter*

*Cannot breath due to laughter, choking*

*Finally controls himself*

I really don't know what to say. This is simply too funny.

October 8, 2010 3:40:39 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Lol,I like how he handles his character.

October 9, 2010 5:23:03 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Glad we haven't done any weapons research yet or we'd have a firefight on our hands

I hope people won't take this whole thing too seriously either, in the end the idea is to have fun deciding together how the game plays out...

October 9, 2010 12:35:45 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Yeah, but i do think it's just a character thing, i don't really think he was offended by that.

October 9, 2010 3:08:23 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

LordCarlos is correct.

October 9, 2010 5:49:28 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Ah i forgot, there is no topic on this election i feel we must address as a party. I could say we should vote to keep xeno economics on the plan but i highly doubt anyone is going to contest that one.

I also don't agree with councilor's TMS2224's proposal to build a industrial planet but that is hardly an issue, it is not my opinion we should do that, but i can understand that if we want to try and colonize planets on enemy territory we will need that planet, so the party will leave that vote to each councilor's discretion.

I think that is all. Please remember that as part of the coalition you can present topics for the coalition to review, i'm not the only one with the power to do so. So please speak up if you have anything to say.

Updated the main post to have the current members of the coalition. (Can't Believe i forgot that)

October 10, 2010 5:06:24 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Agree, I feel the directions proposed by the Commander and Dr. Malar are sound and our best path for the next few weeks.

On the topic of colonizing planets in enemy territory, we should strike the right balance between expanding our borders and risking attrition (cultural flips) by having isolated planets too deep in enemy territory.

October 10, 2010 7:26:53 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting Noctilucus,

On the topic of colonizing planets in enemy territory, we should strike the right balance between expanding our borders and risking attrition (cultural flips) by having isolated planets too deep in enemy territory.

Tha is something i believe the commander can micromanage, no need for the council to discuss that.

October 24, 2010 8:49:39 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

So i'm basicly doing this to keep this thread alive for future votes.

Right now i don't think this party has any specific vote that it needs to back, specially since Mater123wr seems to have taken an extended vacation and his party no longer seems to be proposing mad bills.

October 25, 2010 4:13:55 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting LordCarlos,
So i'm basicly doing this to keep this thread alive for future votes.

Right now i don't think this party has any specific vote that it needs to back, specially since Mater123wr seems to have taken an extended vacation and his party no longer seems to be proposing mad bills.

Nice wording

I agree, nothing in particular we need to vote on as a party.

October 25, 2010 8:00:43 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Yep, everything's cool. Just vote on what you think is best.

November 17, 2010 4:30:20 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I feel bad about this but i think this party has no purpose anymore, i think all the councilors are pretty much on the same page.

So i was thinking on declaring a dormant status on the party until some megalomaniacal bully wants to mess with the prosperity of the initiative.

I want to hear what you guys think though?, do you think i should still make reports each time a new ballot comes in?

November 17, 2010 6:28:40 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Agree (which is also the reason why I haven't posted anything here in a while).
In fact it's good news that the party is not needed atm, as this means that the other councilors are voting sensibly

I think we'll need to come out of slumber once we have a military and there start to be some wars...

November 17, 2010 11:06:00 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

We shouldn't disband, but there is no need for us to take any action right now. We should just vote for what we (individually) feel is best for now. As you guys said, the Coalition will be needed if someone gets all whack-job pro-military and tries to pass crazy proposals, and once our military is ready. We'll just bide our time.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000469   Page Render Time: