I recently picked up TA, and decided to replay all of the campaigns from the beginning. I don't know if you're still doing patches for this game, but here are some issues I've found:
1) The DL scenarios have the asteroid mining and hostile planet colonization techs from TA available for research, but those techs have no function in a DL scenario, and could cause new players to waste effort researching them.
2) Computer players appear to be able to observe events that should not be within their field of view. For example, if I build a starbase near my homeworld, the Dread Lords immediately dispatch ships to destroy it, even though they have no ship anywhere nearby that could have seen it.
3) When one of my ships is destroyed, the fog of war usually (though not always) does not return to the area it was seeing when it died. I've been able to exploit this bug by building a small ship with a huge sensor radius, flying it into a strategic area, and letting it be destroyed.
Edit: This also seems to also happen when I destroy an enemy ship. Essentially, having a ship battle of any sort seems to permanently remove the fog from the area of battle. I am using full battles, if it makes a difference.
4) After trading some race-exclusive tech to a computer player, it later tried to trade that same tech back to me. I was playing a customized race based off the Terrans.
Edit: Further testing shows this happening even without race-exclusive techs. Perhaps the AI doesn't know that I already have the tech they're offering, and thus tries to trade it to me?
5) The Military/Social/Research allocation sliders do not move smoothly. With one slider locked, moving either unlocked slider should cause the other to move in an equal and opposite manner. Also, IMHO, locking a slider when one is already locked should unlock the prior one, since there's no point in ever having two sliders locked (but that's a minor nit).