PRESENTING... YOUR FAVOURITE STARSHIP!

Some creative and arty-fart fun for everyone

By on January 17, 2009 6:39:51 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

CatPharaoh

Join Date 10/2007
+5

-= (PRESENTING... YOUR FAVOURITE STARSHIP) =-

Hey people, time to get your cyber hands a little dirty!

Everyone likes to imagine their dream starship, whether so you an play with it on galciv2 or not it's always something we sci-fi fans love to think about. Well now's your time to share.

It doesn't matter if you can not draw for nutts! Just pour your heart and soul into a drawing or picture or model of your dream ship or ships. Let go and have fun, use any program you like. You can even just describe it to the rest of us if you like through text. For those of you with a more creative swing you can even give us the full cinemas experience as you tour us around you ship on a MPEG, AVI, or whatever file.

Just go nutts with it people, lets get Creating!

My favourite starship;

Name: Dave Mengchang
Captian: Number 1 (he looks like his ship)
Crew compliment: unknown
Weapons: Blasters
Defences: Magnetic sheilding
Important notes to remember: This ship's fax machine is located between his lower back and upper thigh . It can even print coins .

Locked Post 199 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 20, 2009 2:13:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm not much of an artist. But if I could build something I would go for this...

Borg Cube

Borg Cube

Drones a plenty.

No captain.

Resistance is futile.

Now this is a ship!

January 22, 2009 6:33:09 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

lol, what a ship, sure wish I had one of them.

January 22, 2009 6:41:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey, sure heres my ship that i just recently finished I called it the Magnius.

untitled2.jpg picture by akkan117untitled5.jpg picture by akkan117

Akkan117.

January 22, 2009 6:52:04 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

wow! that is a sweet ship... what program are you using? can you make custom ships for Galciv2 with it? coz i'd praise you if it could.

January 22, 2009 7:08:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'd desing ships with ratating section to generate gravaty.

January 22, 2009 7:49:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'm in love with my own fyi.  Made like 200 of them in Pro-Engineer 3.0 which is a CAD program

(PS: Can anyone tell me how to get pictures in here? I tried Insert/Edit Image button but can seem to get it. Thanks!)

January 22, 2009 7:58:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

That Pro-Engineer 3.0 you talking about..it any good!

I mean can it export models into Sins after? If so, might be interesting!!!

January 22, 2009 10:03:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yes, I love it (more than Maya). It's kinda restricted for doing curvy and fluid and smoother surfaces cuz it's mainly for manufacturing and my teachers in High school sucked so i didn't learn much.  If someone tells me how to put a picture on here, i will of something i made in Pro-E...

Oh idk, well i know you can export the parts from Pro-E into Maya as .obj cuz i have both.  But it's huge in Maya so you'd have to scale it down(i mean huge). I've never modded or anything but maybe...do you have or use Maya at all?

January 23, 2009 6:21:58 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

PS: Can anyone tell me how to get pictures in here? I tried Insert/Edit Image button but can seem to get it. Thanks!)

you've got to host your image on a site, like photobucket or imageshack, then it will provide you with a url link to your image. One you've done that copy your image url into the Insert/Edit Image area. it should apear.

ps. flickr is not a valid hosting site.

January 23, 2009 1:39:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Oh ok, I'll look into it. Thanks...+1 Karma!!

January 23, 2009 1:43:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Here is my Human Carrier....don't copy it or I kill you!!

(Made in Pro-Engineer 3.0...Rendered in Photoshop.)

January 23, 2009 3:39:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think you also need to make sure you are not on Flash 10 yet, seems only flash 9 works here for uploading. At least that was the case when I last tried uploading an avatar here, haven't tried lately, so I'm probably wrong

January 23, 2009 4:22:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Do people see the pic of the ship that i made that I uploaded? I can see it but i was wondering if it showed on others' screens?

January 23, 2009 4:41:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Here another one of me ship. Few thing i took from eve CCP

excaliburpic.jpg picture by akkan117

January 25, 2009 12:19:55 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

these are all fantastic peices of work so far. Well done all of you. Hope top see more very soon.

January 25, 2009 6:44:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok, here we go:

^^

January 25, 2009 11:23:09 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Here's another...I'm not uploading any of my awesome ones just because I don't want anyone to see them...

Alien Gunboat

This is an alien Gunboat but it's name and species will not be released.

(Made in Pro-Engineer 3.0...Slightly rendered in Photoshop.)

Ahh crap, I forgot to make that white space near the turrets black...opps...owell, you get the point...click on the picture to see a large/huge version of it.

January 26, 2009 3:52:51 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Now for my favourite starship;

Name: Dave Mengchang
Captian: Number 1 (he looks like his ship)
Crew compliment: unknown
Weapons: Blasters
Defences: Magnetic sheilding
Important notes to remember: This ship's fax machine is located between his lower back and upper thigh . It can even print coins .

January 26, 2009 4:43:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

X-304 Daedalus-classBam. Two F-303 fighter bays, railguns, missile silos, transporters, beam weapons, an Asgard computer core, and (because this is what really matters) an awesome captain's chair.

Daedalus-class battleship. Maybe not the most powerful, but it's definitely my favorite of all the various starships in all the various sci-fi shows I've watched. (obviously I didn't create this myself. For anyone who doesn't know, it's from the television series Stargate SG-1)

January 26, 2009 5:13:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

1 WORD........DRONES . The Ancients know how to make badass ships. Aurora rules.

January 26, 2009 6:02:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Pssh. Everyone knows that the Asgard computer core on the Daedalus can just create a temporal stasis field around the ship. Let's see your drones try and get through that.

More seriously, the Aurora would probably be my second choice. I generally like ships that were designed for what they're used for, and not for asthetics. Thats why I love the industrial and we-don't-care-how-ugly-our-warships-are attitude of the Alterans and us.

Actually, scratch that. I'm pushing the Aurora down to 3rd. Puddlejumper wins. 1 big bad battleship, and then 1 small cloakable shuttle. (can't find a good picture on the interwebs, sorry for anyone who doesn't watch SG)

January 26, 2009 6:34:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

and finally,

January 26, 2009 6:40:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Orodum,

Reduced 35%

Original 1600 x 1200

and finally,

Very Nice!  Are any of those ships from the Aliens show? They look so familiar to me

January 27, 2009 1:48:31 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

they look similar to 'Aliens', the special forces ahip.

January 27, 2009 2:23:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have no idea why but dual pronged ships seem to be incredibly common in space scifi. Even though such a design is horrible weak from a structural standpoint.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000750   Page Render Time: