Galactic Civilizations II: v2.0 is coming...

A massive FREE update

By on September 17, 2008 11:49:12 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums External Link

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1078

imageStardock has been busy this summer enhancing Galactic Civilizations II with lots of new features. Most of those features will be for players who have purchased Twilight of the Arnor. But Dark Avatar users will also see a revamped espionage system as well.

We've put together an on-going preview of GalCiv II v2.0 at the link below: Check it out!

http://forums.galciv2.com/324858

Galactic Civilizations II v2.0 is scheduled to go into beta this month with general availability next month.

35 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 30, 2008 3:54:15 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Yes, is there  a release date yet for 2.0? Haven't seen one...

September 30, 2008 10:31:55 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Hello

Love the Game and updates.  This game is a huge investment in time on the larger maps. Ans so:

Thus you need to add an option to allowed the repostioning of a newly aquired tech buildings to the top of the build list with one click. When it is stuck at the bottom of a large planets build list.... it gets old fast moving 8 new factories to the top cuz you need them now! move selected to top or move all of selected type to the top!

When building and or setting up new planets do not allow the game to select specialty tiles for the next highlighted build tile. I cant tell you how many times Ive had to move a computer selected empty tile off an unused farm tile or some or specialty tile .... that I plan to use for a farm later. The game should always choose blank tiles while there are still avialble for the player as the next traget tile for a new building.

Next, when a planet is selected, from any menu.... have the game map engine center the planet in the middle of the screen AND have the planet in question flaged in some very very obvious way. Many times I get lost looking for a desired planet. Put a flashing halo around it for 20 seconds or some such!!!

You want the AI to become harder? Simply have it pull off a full on concetration of forces against the human player at some point.... so many times the AI sends in just enough for the player to deal with.  I say strip all planets of but one ship. Flag a rally point and then load up a very solid attack force then move against the player...

Next have the AI target easily killed player troop transport fleets with fast ships. I cant tell you how many times I have flown huge unprotected troop fleets into harms way and the AI just did nothing.....

Next would be adding a new wild card event with a huge invasion of a a totally new race into the map from one of the map edges. Have this race be one of the unpicked AI races. Have the size of this invasion fleet potentially be very large to huge, if the setting is on a harder selection. This would be so cool to deal with at some point in the game... and have this invasion effect diplomacy in a signficant way as the races try and deal with the new threat!!

Thats all for now.....

Love the game and thanks for many hours of amazing game play.

Yukon

October 5, 2008 12:12:13 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

That serptico guy is obviously a troll.

Nobody is that passionate about the espionage system. Nobody is going to stop playing if the espionage system isn't exactly perfect.

October 5, 2008 7:16:47 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Could we PLEASE have the option to switch off starting ships!

October 9, 2008 1:14:17 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Beautiful stuff, the only thing I want now is a cohesive "screenshot" system, where you can put a bunch of screens in numeric order in a folder somewhere.  Otherwise this looks fantastic, can't wait!

edit: Regarding this and Stardock's Sins of a Solar Empire - these free updates that actually do improve the game is the reason they'll get my repeated business.  Game designers and publishers can take a big clue here, just sayin'.

October 11, 2008 7:37:47 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Something I'd like to see is the ability to tie custom built ships to specific races. As it is right now I just feel like I'm cluttering the ship list and always end up having to delete all my custom ships whenever I finish a big game.

October 11, 2008 10:19:04 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Something I'd like to see is the ability to tie custom built ships to specific races

Indeed. It gets especially weird for those of us who use some sort of civ-based theme for naming our ships. I usually use an insect type as the base for Thalan ship names, which just doesn't work when I putter around with the Yor or Iconians.

October 25, 2008 10:11:16 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I found Galactic Civilizaiont II in August.  I love it, wife hates it.  I just purchased the expansion pack with the digital download.  How do I get the v2.0 update?  I have looked on SDC and Impulse with no luck. 

October 25, 2008 10:54:27 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I found Galactic Civilizaiont II in August.  I love it, wife hates it.  I just purchased the expansion pack with the digital download.  How do I get the v2.0 update?  I have looked on SDC and Impulse with no luck. 

2.0 isn't out yet, although there's a Twilight beta up on Impulse, 1.99rc (which is not on SDC, but 2.0 will be).

In addition, it's mostly updates to Twilight, with some things backported to Dark Avatar.

EDIT: Looks like quoting's broken again...or is that just me?  "Fixed", though.

November 4, 2008 9:34:55 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

when is the actual update coming out?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000578   Page Render Time: