Mod Version: 1.2
GalCiv 2 Version: Twilight of the Arnor 2.03 (Galciv2Ultimate) only!!!
Tools used: Galciv2 Starmap Editor, Notepad++, Spartan Map Tool, DesktopX-Public, RadVideoTool, Windows Movie Maker, Gimp, Paint
Mode: Singleplayer only
- New individual Hull Sytems, 29 instead of 6 Hull Types (complete)
- 12 new Major Species, replacing the Vanillas (complete)
- 8 new Minor Species, replacing the Vanillas (complete)
- 4x slower Research Time by Default (complete)
- Milky Way based Star Map, 22x22 TotA for all Species excluding Dreadlords (complete)
- rearranged Main Window Ui (complete)
- new intro Movie (complete)
- 30+ new race pictures (complete)
- 37 new technologies (complete)
- 37 new anomalies (complete)
- All abilities now have 4 and negative choices (complete)
- 7 new (old) abillities (complete)
- 17 new goverment types (complete)
- 10 new race logos (complete)
- 6 new planet improvements (complete)
- 7 new invasion tactics (complete)
- 25 new station modules (complete)
- 5 new UP issues (complete)
1. Extract Fubar.zip to a folder of your Choice...
2. make sure there's a "Mods" folder inside your "Galciv2Ultimate" Folder, if not create one
3. copy the Fubar folder into the Mods folder...
4. delete the "my documents\my games\GC2TwilightArnor" Folder
5. make sure the folder in point 4 is deleted, otherwise you'll get weird behaviour of the game
6. activate Fubar Mod ingame, leave Galciv2 and start again, to play with the Mod...
7. Have Fun.
First of all, i want to say thanks to all the people that downloaded this modification. i've never, ever expected so much downloads. i also wanna say a special thanks to the people, that let me use their logos. Another thank goes out to the developers of Galciv2 and the community, which shared their knowledge, ideas and tutorials.
The inspiration for F.U.B.A.R came from a various of different space themes like Alien, Predator, the Thing, Star Wars, Freespace, X-Universe and other movies and pc games. From the first day i played Wing Commander, back in the 1990s, i always had the imagination to create my own universe. With Galciv2 that dream finally came true. Not only it´s one of the most modder friendly games, it also has it´s own set of edditing tools to easily mod almost anything in the game (excluded the hardcoded). To create the starmap (Milky Way Galaxy) i did not only use the Spartac map tool, but old hand written maps of my universe, that i imagined when playing WC2. You will find familiar star systems inside the map, like Capella, Vega, Deneb and yes, also Sol. The most habitable systems are around the galactic core and so your competitors will push to the middle of the map, with it´s center Dengaja Uvesu. The map is suited for all races and the distance to other races is caped to the difficulty. Strong enemys primarly life in the eastern side of the galaxy. This map is also suited for 9 Ai Players, all minor Races enabled, techdevelopment set to "very slow" and techtrading disabled, but you don't necessarily have to play like that.
The hull system is totally different to all the other hull mods on the Metaverse. i simply did some codehacking and altered some of the hulls to show more ingame variety of ship types...that´s all. There are now 29 instead of only 6 different Ship Hulls. Hull System as followed:
Modell / Name;Class / Cost / Size / Sensors / HP / Speed / Logistics
Tiny0 / Bomber / 30 / 20 / 1 / 6 / 1 / 2
Tiny1 / light Fighter / 20 / 12 / 2 / 3 / 2 / 1
Tiny2 / Fighter / 25 / 16 / 1 / 5 / 2 / 2
Tiny3 / Scout / 25 / 14 / 3 / 3 / 1 / 2
Tiny6 / Probe / 25 / 10 / 3 / 1 / 3 / 2
Small0 / Shuttle / 40 / 20 / 2 / 8 / 2 / 2
Small1 / Gunboat / 40 / 24 / 1 / 9 / 1 / 3
Small2 / Corvette / 55 / 30 / 2 / 12 / 1 / 4
Small3 / Transport / 40 / 22 / 1 / 10 / 1 / 3
Small6 / Plattform / 40 / 30 / 2 / 9 / 0 / 3
Medium0/ Frigate / 70 / 46 / 3 / 20 / 1 / 5
Medium1/ Destroyer / 80 / 50 / 3 / 25 / 1 / 6
Medium2/ Flagship / 90 / 48 / 5 / 20 / 1 / 6
Medium3/ Escortship / 80 / 40 / 4 / 16 / 1 / 4
Medium6/ Depot / 80 / 55 / 3 / 22 / 0 / 5
Large0 / light Cruiser / 140 / 65 / 3 / 35 / 1 / 5
Large1 / Cruiser / 160 / 80 / 2 / 45 / 1 / 7
Large2 / Dreadnaught / 170 / 80 / 2 / 48 / 1 / 8
Large3 / Battleship / 175 / 90 / 3 / 42 / 1 / 8
Large6 / Outpost / 160 / 87 / 3 / 46 / 0 / 7
Huge0 / Sporeship / 335 / 150 / 5 / 84 / 1 / 10
Huge1 / Super SD / 320 / 155 / 4 / 84 / 1 / 12
Huge2 / Star Destroyer/ 300 / 150 / 4 / 80 / 1 / 10
Huge3 / Baseship / 320 / 155 / 4 / 88 / 0 / 11
Huge6 / Base / 360 / 160 / 4 / 92 / 0 / 11
Cargo0 / Military Cargo/ 65 / 60 / 3 / 10 / 1 / 6
Cargo1 / industrial C. / 55 / 60 / 1 / 1 / 1 / 3
Cargo3 / Economy Cargo / 55 / 70 / 2 / 1 / 1 / 5
Cargo6 / Civil Ship / 55 / 60 / 3 / 5 / 1 / 6
So, you´re able to build multiple different ship types, with multiple different purposes. Each class of ship suited for another task. The ship creator of Galciv2 is magnificent, but i always felt like there weren´t enough different ship designations possible.
Complete Changelog 1.1:
- modified the hulls to show more variety
- modified the races and changed all of them, including the minor races
- set research time 4xslower by default
- created a fictional and Milky Way based star map
- rearranged title window and made a new intro movie
- ported to Dark Avatar 1.80g
- ported to Ultimate Edition (Twilight of the Arnor 2.03)
- added 30+ new race pictures
Complete Changelog 1.2:
- 37 new technologies
- 37 new anomalies
- All abilities now have 4 and negative choices
- 7 new (old) abillities
- 17 new goverment types
- 10 new race logos
- 6 new planet improvements
- 7 new invasion tactics
- 25 new station modules
- 5 new UP issues
i´m not planning to replace the intro video and main window. The main ui is far from being perfect, but after installing the Mod, i realized it has it´s own charm. Also, to make proper animations is a whole lot of work compared to the result and it uses tons of downloadspace. Maybe i include new animations as a bonus package, whenever i find the time to do so. Future Plans:
- new campaign
- new maps
...and what else my mind comes up with.
Credits and legal information:
Kudos to Stardock and Galciv 2 modding community. Thanks for sharing your logos and ideas.
Special thanks to Foxthree and Drengin for inspiration and cool attitude.
Kudos to Axel Rogad for the Spartac map tool.
The files inside the package are provided as is and the author holds no responsiblity for anything that may come to happen from using this modification.
This mod uses races from several different “Sci-Fi” genres, such as Alien and the Predator. Any content lent by theese space genres are copyright by their trade mark.
You're not allowed to use this mod for any commercial purposes.