Sensors? Really needed?

By on April 24, 2006 7:47:43 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

TNTTony

Join Date 03/2003
Do you guys add sensor components in your ships? I don't see the need for it. I have never used it. What do you think?

Useless?
5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 25, 2006 2:28:33 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
bump
April 25, 2006 6:22:08 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Mostly useless.
I generally only add them if I have space left over and nothing else fits, but even then I would go with greater range over more sensors.

I have in the past updated my original traders with ones loaded with sensors, that way my merchants act as spies for me.

Also I try and get the eyes of the Universe, which gives you 15 Sensor range on all your ships.
April 26, 2006 12:10:55 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Yeah. Just research up the sensor tree to the last one, then build eyes of the universe. It'll give you far more sensor range than you could usefully install on any ship (except a dedicated scout).
April 26, 2006 12:35:59 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
A sensor can be quite useful for spotting the enemy before they spot you. Then you are the attacker, which is always a bonus in a battle. One ship in a battle group with a sensor can be quite helpful.
April 26, 2006 8:49:16 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
I agree that the way sensors work now, I haven't found much use for them other than the rare scout. I hate wasting precious bc's/space putting them on combat ships. Plus, by the time the enemy has fast enough fleets I need to worry about surprise, I've got the eyes of the universe. If the eyes were harder to get I might use them more.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000359   Page Render Time: