Spy help, please

This is definitly a noob question

By on July 9, 2009 5:59:30 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Soloquiem

Join Date 12/2008

I am fairly new to GC II TA and have not been able to figure out how to passivly spy on a nation. I understand how to put spies on planets, but not how to put spies on a civilization in general. I understand there is probably a very obvious answer to this, but it has been driving me crazy. The more specific you could be the better.

Also, I've never played a very long game, but how to do assend as a civilization into a super civilation where you are really good at military or commerce, etc. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 9, 2009 6:51:53 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

You can assign civ-wide spies from the Espionage tab of the economy dialog (Domestic Stats/Finance Management).

Loupdinour's Espionage in DA/TA thread is a good place to look for info about the unit-based espionage system that replaced the base game's generic spending sliders.

July 9, 2009 7:07:26 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

My espinoage tabe doesn't have an option that I can see for that. It shows my agents, it shows the two boards that shows where my agents are and where I can nulify, but if I click on the place button for an agent it goes straight to placing it on the star map. Is there a tab or a button I am missing? It looks exactly like the GC II original espinoage tab as far as I can tell. Thanks in advance for the help.

July 9, 2009 7:38:25 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

That sounds like you are not playing the most current version of the game. Civ level spies were not introduced until version 2.0.

July 9, 2009 7:48:30 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Thanks for the info. How do I go about getting the most up to date version? I go through stardoc central, but it doesn't offer anything later than 1.96

July 9, 2009 7:54:24 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting Soloquiem,
Thanks for the info. How do I go about getting the most up to date version? I go through stardoc central, but it doesn't offer anything later than 1.96

1.96 is the last GC2 update that will be available via Stardock Central. You'll have to use Impulse to get any updates after that.

July 10, 2009 4:05:32 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

GW covered the issue at hand w/ spies 100%

However your followup question...I don't know of anyway to do something that would 'ascend' your race into a super race.

Here is the DA/TA Espionage thread GW was speaking of.

http://forums.impulsedriven.com/316263

July 11, 2009 2:47:28 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Thanks for the help. It is updated and it works now.

Next question, does anyone know how to put a check next to this post? Thanks....and yes I am new at this.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000235   Page Render Time: