For any lovers of a good Adventure or RPG (especially fans of the Quest for Glory series), this was just released: Heroine's Quest
Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok is an adventure / RPG hybrid. Like in many adventure games, you have a world to save, and must use your wit, guile and inventory to puzzle your way through. Like in many roleplaying games, you can customize your character with various classes and skills, and must train yourself in combat to stand a chance against the fierce monsters in your way.
The game is designed in the spirit and atmosphere of the classics, and strives to have the same high quality of art, music, and plot. With multiple character classes and several solutions to many puzzles, the game has excellent replayability.
- Explore the rich world of Norse mythology!
- Three character classes with separate side quests: use your strength as a warrior, the arcane arts as a sorceress, wit and guile as a rogue, or create a hybrid with skills from multiple classes.
- 32 distinct voice acted characters with animated portraits.
- Over 100 hand-painted backgrounds and 10,000 sprites in animations.
- Many monsters, including giants, trolls, and svartalfar.
- High replayability due to optional quests, alternative solutions, and the three different classes.
Please do yourself a favor and download this gem.
The first 10 or 11 minutes and last 4 or 5 minutes of the following video demo the game pretty well (the middle is just plot):
"Here I will show you the intro and a tour of the town of Fornsigtuna when I battle the first foe of the game; hunger. I really like that they added the effects of hunger and hypothermia in the game,"
And if you like it even a little bit, and haven't played Quest for Glory, then go grab the series off GOG yesterday.