Sorry if posted already - tried to search but didn't see what I'm about to ask, though I did learn that my effort for setting a level progression via the LevelMilestone tags was a waste of time So silly to make it apply only to spawned levels and not attained levels as well...
I want to create trainable monsters for my new faction. I have successfully added a new trait "BeastAffinity" to the faction traits screen and created the faction with the faction editor.
I then tested the trait to make sure it was showing up (it was, I saw the icon show up on the faction) and that it was reading correctly. I created a copy of the Bound Widow, set it to require my new trait (instead of Cult of a 100 Eyes) and it worked. I saw the stock Bound Widow and the copy "Bound Widow II".
Feeling good about myself, I copied the Great Wolf from the monsters file, made my edits, set my new trait as the pre-req...and nothing. It does not show up in the list of trainable units like the "new" Bound Widow did.
I tried a straight copy/paste of the stock Bound Widow and edited that to fit what I wanted...and that didn't work either. I took the Bound Widow II entry and edited it, and then THAT entry disappeared! WTF! It works if it's a straight copy/paste with just a new name and the prereq. as my trait, but if I put in other stuff like the graphics so it can be a wolf or a dog instead of a spider...it disappears?? What?
I am at a loss. I have done a line-by-line comparison of the stock Bound Widow and my monsters. I don't see anything that's missing. I don't get it.
My current code is below.
- <UnitType InternalName="Seyal_GreatWolf">
- <DisplayName>War Wolf</DisplayName>
- <LevelMilestone InternalName="L1">
- <Backstory>War Wolves are natural wolves that have been infused with mana, causing their fur to take a bluish tint. The mana infusion enhances the wolf's physical capabilities while retaining the ability and desire to hunt in cooperative units. </Backstory>
- <Medallions InternalName="">