Death to Altaria
Race: Nin Altarian Pact
Leader: High Altarian Gork
Home star/world: New Altaris/New Altaria
Tech Tree: Drengin
Ship Style: Altarian
Back story: The pact was established before Altaria was united, before the Arceans contacted Altaria, before the star gate. It is an evil version of the Altarians. During Altarian Unification a group of one billion colonists from the Altarian Nation-State of Angor left on sub-light sleeper ships. During the first ten years of their journey they stumbled upon a temporary wormhole. It sent them to an unknown part of the galaxy where they established a colony and the Pact. Built on the ideals of enslavement and extortion, the Pact is E-V-I-L. The pact belives that they must unite the galaxy under one banner, theirs. They are incessant warmongers and belive Diplomacy is for Dummies. Their motto is "Death to Altaria"…
This is the backstory for the Play by council game. I will be posting updates and introducing characters every Quarterly Session, 12 turns. I will have voting/updating procedures similar to those of the original Play By Council, The Kushana Initiative . Still, I will post the rules/procedures below:
A summary of gameplay:
- Regular council sessions to take place every game quarter. I'll be posting each quarterly report and any pertinent information, including the UP vote every year, at which time the council will decide the course of action. Essentially, I'll be playing in 12 turn blocks and coming back for direction.
- Between sessions councilors are free to request additional info and entertain any discussion. This includes calling votes and modifying directions.
- The council is comprised of those who took part in the planning discussion. Others may request to join the council, but please read the background material and post a request before joining in.
- Council posts are being done in-character. Any out of character comments or questions should be posted in italics to separate them.
Rules of Voting:
1) The ballot will list the issues and have a place for councilors to sign FOR a measure. If against, do not sign at all.
2) Councilors should copy the ballot from the last person who voted and add their signatures.
3) Once an official ballot is released by myself, the "ballotier", it cannot be changed. All issues will have to wait to be put onto the next ballot.
4) Once a vote is cast, it is cast. No changing votes or editing the ballot. Listen to arguments before voting and consider your decisions wisely.
5) To get an issue on the ballot, it should be proposed and seconded. The exact wording/nature of the issue should be established when it is originaly posted. Any changes should be listed as ammendments.
6) Amendments/Addenda - These are separate sub-issues. They should be discussed BEFORE the ballot is made. For example, If LordCarlos proposed a motion in which we would focus on social research then Tolmekian could propse an ammendment where some of the money devoted to social will be put towards military funding. ALL of this would have taken pace before the ballot was made.
7) I am the offical ballotier unless the council votes me out of office.
An Example Ballot:
LordCarlos Research Plan: Tolmekian, Lord Carlos
Tolmekian Ammendment: Tolmekian
Notes: Tolmekian, LordCarlos are FOR the research plan. Tolmekian is FOR the ammendment, and LordCarlos is not.
I think it is pretty straight forward, if you have any questions post them, IF you are a member of the council.
The Current Council:
How to Join the Council:
-Post a message asking to join! Note: You will probably need to check in on the thread every 3 days or so.
NOTE: I CANNOT POST SCREENSHOTS, I AM PLAYING THIS ON A LAPTOP AND CANT GET SCREENSHOTS TO WORK. Please don't clutter up the forum with suggestions on how to make them work.