Your expectation of this patch fixing everything is too high.
As for the simple 1 line code changes isn't really so simple. For example, the HoL item change to 12,000g is just 1 line of code change. Should take just 1 minute right?
Well for most companies it takes 1 month. (atleast where I work)
1. Many days of testing to really confirm that HoL is overpowered
2. Many hours of meetings with managers, development team, QA team, to decide the change needs to be 12,000g.
3. The actually coding (1 hour) but the developer spent 1 day on it because he had a long lunch and got distracted from reading the official demigod forums about HoL.
4. Many days of testing to make sure the game is balance and it doesn't break anything.
5. Ready for release but can't go out yet because have to wait for 8 other bug fixes that is scheduled for 1.1. So a simple 1 line code fix ended up taking 2 months like most companies.