These are one of the coolest-sounding things in the game, but I haven't really found a use for them yet. I've tried making them, but I can't say that I've noticed the effects. It may be that I just didn't have enough modules or didn't understand how they really work. So here are some questions in that regard:
Ship Assist Modules - What I'm assuming here, is that if I enter combat with another ship/fleet while my ship/fleet is inside the visual radius of a Military Starbase, I will get bonuses in combat. For the weapon modules, I assume that each ship now attacks with +whatever in the damage type of the module I upgraded. So with Sniper Turrets, each ship with a beam attack of 3 would now also attack with a mass driver of 1. For the defense modules, I assume that each ship now gains +whatever in the defense type of the module. Is this incorrect? If this is wrong, how does it really work?
- Do Military Starbases have any effect on invading or defending planets inside the radius? Are these modules further up that I just haven't researched yet?
- Are there any Military Starbase modules that will help my ships repair faster?
- Will Military Starbases give me any options to defend ships inside their radius that don't normally carry weapons ( such as freighters, construction ships, etc. )?
- Does a Military Starbase provide any benefit at all to ships inside its radius before you have any modules on it?
- Does the radius of a Military Starbase anger AI opponents if it falls in their Influence region, or do they only care if the base itself is inside their Influence region?
Thanks for all the help!