1) Does having a higher Influence rating on my planet ( via embassies, etc. ) make my planet's influence spread farther, or does it just make more influence in a fixed radius?
Kinda both. Embassies increase the total influence output of the planet, which increases both the area covered by influence and the intensity of the influence in that area. Influence declines linearly from planets.
2) Does having a higher Population increase my Influence rating at all?
Yes. Influence is directly proportional to population.
3) Does a "Restaurant of Eternity" increase my Influence rating accross the galaxy, or only the region around the Planet it is built on?
4) Do the Influence Regions of two of my Planets interact, and how so? Is it additive or multiplicative?
1) Do Influence starbases only effect my Influence rating in the circular region displayed, or do they spread it outwards like planets do?
Again, kinda both. Disregard the ring entirely - it's irrelevant. While starbases do radiate influence like planets, that influence declines with distance *squared*. Also, the modules on starbases do *not* affect anything other than the base they are attached to. When a module says it adds x% to influence, it is adding that % to the influence that the base itself is generating.
2) Does the Influence region generated by an Influence starbase taper at the edges? IE: does it generate more influence one square away than it does 4 squares away?
Very much yes. Like I said, influence from a base declines with distance squared. One space away is about 16 times better than 4 spaces.
3) Do the Influnce Regions of my Influence starbases interact with my Planets, and how so? Is it additive or multiplicative?
- Suppose I have a high-influence multipleir tile on a planet waaay on the edge of the galaxy, far from any opponent's planets. Is there any reason for me to build an Embassy on it, considering how far away it is? Would it somehow "push out" my Influence accross the galaxy?
Not really. While you might get a *very* marginal bump in tourism, it would have no effect on the influence map at any distance more than a sector away. Make sure to put a stock market on it, but that's probably what you had planned anyway, isn't it?
- Will I get any benefit from building Influence starbases where my own planets are inside the visual radius, but my opponent's planet's are not? Would this help "push out" my Influence accross the galaxy?
An influence base should only be used in friendly territory to help hold a border area where your planets are in danger of flipping. It will have no effect on anything beyond half a sector away.
If there's anything I've missed, I'm certain Willy will correct me-he seems to be our resident influence expert.
What can I say, it's what I know best.