I have been trying to break 1 million for some time.
Last year I got discouraged when I got a cheat flag for a 800,000+ point game, and then while doing some tests I accidentally posted a 0 point loss to the Metaverse. I could live with the cheat flag, but the 0 point game loss just annoyed me. So I stopped playing Metaverse games.
In May I decided to once again go for that 1 million point game. So I started again, but first I wiped my old scores.
With my next attempt I accidentally started an Obscene game, which certainly didn't help. I didn't realize this until I posted the game. Duh.
With my second next attempt I made sure it was Suicidal, but I accidentally left the Tech Victory option open. Duh, again.
That lead to some interesting findings.
These are the stats from my first next attempt. You will note that these stats/scores are from December 22nd of the year 2233. I actually post the games in December 22nd of the year 2234 but the gain in that final year is very, very tiny and so I don't document it.
Torian game - final score 829,500
Society - 130,319
Tech - 184,002
Econ - 254, 387
Military - 341,520
Number of planets - 730
Number of ships - 16,848
Population - 11.346 T
Military Ranking - 4,408,233
Final Approval - 58%
Number of Military bases - 16
Final Tech Spending - 65,884
Final Bonus Spending - 227,730
Economics - 394%
Morale - 336%
Trade Income - 1,077
Tourism Income - 22,494 (1 bonus tourism event)
Taxes - 621,030
These are the stats from my second next attempt. You will note that
these stats/scores are from December 22nd of the year 2233. I actually
post the games in December 22nd of the year 2234 but the gain in that
final year is very, very tiny and so I don't document it.
Thalan game - final score 1,031,100
Society - 148,814
Tech - 20,331
Econ - 325,907
Military - 636,290
Number of planets - 739
Number of ships - 50,653
Population - 14.779
Military Ranking - 10,380,308
Final Approval - 37%
Number of Military bases - 20
Final Tech Spending - 0
Final Bonus Spending - 11,435
Economics - 368%
Morale - 422%
Trade Income - 591
Tourism Income - 73,925 (2 bonus tourism events)
Taxes - 871,326
Things of interest:
1) There is some sort of hard cap with Beyond Mortality (tech victory). With my million point game I could end it with either a Military Conquest or with Beyond Mortality. With the Military Conquest I would get 1,000,000+ points. With the Beyond Mortality the score was about 350,000. The interesting thing was I could get the same 350,000 Beyond Mortality victory score in September of 2228. So it capped and never went up again.
2) The Society Score can't really get too high. With the Torian game I had Super Breeder so I reached the max pop level much, much, much faster. With the Thalan game I built 2 to 5 Fertility Clinics on each and every planet, and I took The 8 point Planet Quality (20% bonus) with my bonus points. So while the Torian's could get to a higher population much faster, the Thalan empire got a higher score due to better planets. I doubt if this score could ever top 175,000 to 200,000 as there is simply no way to get much more than 15 trillion life forms. I had 739 planets and every single planet had 20 to 21 billion life forms. There is almost nothing I could have done to increase that effectively.
3) The Econ score difference is largely due to the Planet Quality. The 20% Planet Quality bonus offers 1 to 5 extra Stock Markets on every single planet. That translates to 150,000 to 200,000 extra BC per turn once everything is built.
4) With my Thalan game I completely conquered the universe in August of 2228, and I finished every single Tech except for Beyond Mortality in September of 2228. This meant that I had to compltey turn off all tech spending. So my Tech score never grew past the 20,331 that it was at in 2228. Thus proving that it is possible to just ignore tech completely with these sorts of games.
5) Even though I got the higher score with the Thalan super ability, I actually think the Torian super ability is better. My economy tanked at one point with the Thalans. There were at least 2 or 3 turns where I had to reduce spending. This would never have happened with the Torians. So I prefer the Torian super ability, though they are both quite good.
Keys to a high score:
1) Spin Control Center. You need this ASAP and you need 7 of the largest most powerful ships in this center ASAP. When I completed this item my military might went to 3x the next largest empire. This is huge. It makes a massive difference with dealing with the other empires. Once you have the largest military then everyone pretty much does what you want. Peace deals can be extremely profitable once it becomes clear that your military is vastly superior.
2) Conquer the universe very, very, very fast. I completely vanquished all enemy empires in August of 2228. If I would have done this faster then I would have gotten a much higher score. Speed, speed, speed.
3) Economy. You need economy more than you need anything else. Econ resources are priceless. Research, and Influence resources are pretty much pointless. Econ and Morale are the ones you want first. Population growth!!! I built a LOT of Fertility Clinics. Even though the Society score is not massive, the population is the key to Economc growth.
Anyway, I just thought this would be interesting to post. Hopefully someone finds it interesting.
I am going to switch to a new race with every game, so I think my next game will be with the Drengin.
I suspect there will be someone breaking 1,200,000 sooner or later. Maybe even 1,500,000 with a very fast strategy and a more balanced tech/military plan.
I probably could have gotten another 100,000 out of this game if I had had more patience. The game will slow to a painful crawl with this many ships. So at some point my patience gave out and I was just trying to finish rather than push up my score even higher.