Updated for TA
2012-10-21: Back up on new web server (oops!)
2010-07-24: Updating for TA:
- Support for Immense maps
- Fixed most crashes when loading generated maps into TA map editor
- Added some extra randomness to star & planet positions within sectors
I finally have a working version of a map generator I've been fiddling with. Instead of randomizing everything, or tediously plopping down every star and planet one by one, it lets you specify various strategic information:
- Map size
- Planet quality distribution
- Star system size distribution (number of planets)
- Percentage of hostile environment planets
- Number of resources
- Starting planet quality
- and, last, but certainly not least, how many star system each sector on the map has (from 0 to 4)
The program does the rest.
This is still very rough around the edges, but it seems to be at least mostly working, so I thought I'd share. Be very careful that you follow the directions exactly, or you may end up with something that will crash the generator or the game.
It's web based, so there's nothing to download or install:
You will be provided with a link to download the map. I will clean out old maps occasionally, but in the meantime, feel free to keep the file hosted on my server.