Never played GCI, but played all the CIV games except 4. Love GCII and have a couple questions. For the record, I read the manual.
1. During the yearly meeting with all of the civs, can I negotiate with other civs on how they vote?
2. In the Trade screen, after I've researched the Alliance tech, I don't see Alliance as something I can offer, even if the other civ has the Alliance tech. How do I create alliances?
3. In the Trade screen, how can I tell what effect my diplomacy is having on the trades?
4. If I send a constructor to mine a resource, but there are no planets near the resource, does my civ still get the benefits of the resource, or do I have to have a planet within the influence of the Starbase?
5. I forget where I saw it, but I read something that mentioned building an economy starbase on a trade route. Should I be building them on trade routes, or can the route just be in the zone of influence?
6. In reference to espionage, there's also mention of destablizing the civ. Are these tied together with that single slider in the foreign civs screen? Am I adversely affecting the civs I'm working together with by spying on them?
Thanks for any info and thanks to the GC team for such a great game!!