After playing GCII now for a few days - I have a few 'GUI suggestions' that I would like to offer:
Civilization Manager - Colonies
- It would be nice to have a indication of undeveloped squares next to the Planet Class. This allows us to see at a glance whether we should review the planet for the next social project or not.
- It would be helpful for a mouse over of the approval rating to show us what is effecting the planets morale like it does in the planet screen.
- It would be very helpful to have the ability to sort production by weeks to complete as well as project name.
- It would be very helpful to have a function to show us if a particular planet is focusing it's production (perhaps by highlighting the background) on Military, Social or Research (and allow us to change it from this screen).
New Screen: Starbases
Similiar to the Colonies table. Shows starbase name, sector, number of modules installed, current attack/defense ratings, whether a constructor is in route, what type of starbase it is or what type of resource it is mining. Clicking on the starbase name closes the table and centers the map view on the starbase.
New Screen: Starships
Similiar to the Colones table. Shows starship name, sector, Fleet number, current attack/defense ratings, status (waiting for orders, guard, sentry, auto, etc.), any modifiers, and if a upgrade option exists (perhaps a drop down window with additional options if necessary) and it's maintenance costs. Clicking on the starship name closes the table and centers the map view on the starship.
Foreign Stats Screen
I really am not in love with this screen design, I would rather see this information displayed in a table view with catagories above and race names to the left for comparision purposes.
- However, if we continue the current screen, I would like to have the screen not change views and cycle to the top tab when cycling through the different races. For example, if I'm checking to see what everyone is reseaching, I would rather just click the race button. As it stands now, I have to click the race button and then the Misc button (as well as scroll down) to get that information. Too many clicks!
This is not the UP vote. Why have us click a button to vote when the results are predeterminded? Just adds another click and mouse movement. Just show us the results of the vote and allow us to click the close button. Either that or have something that we can do to modify the vote.
That's my list so far! Hope some of these make sense to more than me.