Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Eador: Masters of a Broken World

By on May 25, 2012 4:18:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Winnihym

Join Date 03/2006
+17

This game has been in development for quite a while, but they seem to now have a website up, and a new marketing video.  A quick glance indicates heroes, HOMM style tactical combat with city walls and sieges, and hex based, turn based gameplay with city building (which may also be HOMM style).

http://www.snowbirdgames.com/eador/?lang=en

Winnihym

81 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 26, 2012 1:01:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Awesome!  I've been keeping half an eye on this one for a while now, so I'm glad it finally has its own site.  Thanks for the heads-up! 

May 29, 2012 10:59:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Why strategy games are such a big deal in the Eastern Europe? For some reason, Eastern Europeans really like strategy games. Especially the military ones, about conquering the world and suppressing the enemies. We don’t know for sure, but it seems that we’re big fans of the iron authority here and strategy games are the easiest (and usually safest) way to feel that kind of power in your own hands. Well, at least this is the one of the theories.

From the FAQ, pretty funny if you ask me

May 29, 2012 11:38:06 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I am buying if it isnt a total fail. I love strategy (CIV (not the last one), Fallen Enchantress, Kings Bounty, Heroes (not the last one)++)

May 29, 2012 12:46:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yah, I'm fairly interested in this one as well, but I have to actually see a demo and hang out on the forums for a bit first.

Also, it's not clear if it requires Steam or not, since I don't do Steam because it irritates me.  Which is a pity in some cases, but oh well, eventually the games get old enough that they get re-released without that part of it, I hope

May 30, 2012 2:44:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This game, Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North and Fallen Enchantress, it might be a good year for strategy gaming after all. PC gaming is dead, long live PC gaming.

June 1, 2012 9:53:20 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey guys. I'm part of the studio producing the game so if you have any questions feel free to ask me. I infiltrated to these forums for this purpose

June 1, 2012 9:59:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

@Imper1um, Thanks

And now for the questions:

1. Will there be a demo?

2. Is there a sandbox mode (I loathe campaigns)

3. Any more info on gameplay is much appreciated (videos, screenshots and such). Yes I have looked at their website, but I want more

4. Will English and Russian release be at the same time?

Good luck with the game folks!

June 4, 2012 8:16:27 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting joasoze,
1. Will there be a demo?

2. Is there a sandbox mode (I loathe campaigns)

3. Any more info on gameplay is much appreciated (videos, screenshots and such). Yes I have looked at their website, but I want more

4. Will English and Russian release be at the same time?

Good luck with the game folks!

1. Yeah, some time in September hopefully.

2. There will be something like a skirmish mode. You'll have access to all the technologies on one shard where you'll play. No astral (global) map. But you know, single player campaign in Eador is a sandbox itself.

3. I could give you some links:

Article about in-game events

Developer's diaries: one, two, three.

A two-part interview: part one, part two.

Hope that's enough for now:)

4. Most probably. I can't say for sure at this point but that's the plan.

Thanks a lot

June 4, 2012 9:14:39 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Some interesting articles there. I like the fact that a 2D with a similar concept has already been developed. Learning from experience cannot be beaten. Just look at E:WoM and Fallen Enchantress (already ten times the game the first one ever was). I will keep an eye on this.

June 4, 2012 9:33:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just hope that the karma system in the game doesnt feel limiting. I like stuff in CIV IV where someone says "Produce 5 horsemen and get a prize". I am not fond of a system where the choice I want to make will haunt me for a long while cause its considered good/evil. If there is tons of karma desicions to make and I have to follow a good/bad path then I might feel hampered. 

Still, I will await with anticipation, and I am optimistic until proven wrong

June 5, 2012 1:14:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Looks very interesting, I'll be sure to try the demo when it is released. There are a few things I'm not entirely sure I'll like though:
First, the strategic map seems a bit cluttered, with buildings just about everywhere. Maybe the mechanics behind it are ok, no way to tell atm, but a Civ4-like covering of every tile with an improvement usually ruins the 'fantasy world feeling' for me.
Second, I don't like the look of the battles, with a handful of guys facing off, towering over a map that has hills, lakes, and forests. The scale is just off. Either have the battle on a much smaller scale map with individual trees and stuff like that (like Age of Wonders), or scale up the unit size so it looks like companies of units doing battle (more like Warhammer). Now it just looks wrong.
Third point ties in with my previous one; I read in an early preview that this game would focus more on recruiting a few units and developing them, rather than building armies. Is that still the case? Because I'm not a fan of the HoMM style warfare, with wars being fought by a few stacks of ten people on either side. Sure you could imagine that each figure represents an entire unit, but it's not the same.

That being said, I really like what I've seen from the setting, and the dev's idea about events and storytelling sound great.

Imper1um, are there any plans to make this game easily moddable?

June 9, 2012 8:35:54 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Satrhan,
First, the strategic map seems a bit cluttered, with buildings just about everywhere.

Yeah, we aren't too happy with its current state. Thanks for your thought, will keep that in mind.

Quoting Satrhan,
I read in an early preview that this game would focus more on recruiting a few units and developing them, rather than building armies. Is that still the case?

It sure is. I'd even say it's the primary philosophy in making our game.

Quoting Satrhan,
Imper1um, are there any plans to make this game easily moddable?

Certainly, we really count on that.

If you have any more ideas, please share them

June 13, 2012 10:48:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Looks interesting, I have some questions

1. Will this game have multiplayer mode (LAN, Internet)?

2. The karma system sounds like fun, but what if I want to take the middle road? Or going to either good or evil way better than staying in the middle, neutral way?

3. Will there be an open beta? If so then how can I participate?

June 20, 2012 8:30:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hello again, guys.

Quoting yenloc,
Looks interesting, I have some questions

1. Will this game have multiplayer mode (LAN, Internet)?

2. The karma system sounds like fun, but what if I want to take the middle road? Or going to either good or evil way better than staying in the middle, neutral way?

3. Will there be an open beta? If so then how can I participate?

1. Yest, it will. However it's not going to include astral (global) map. Otherwise it'd take forever to finish

2.There are no strict boundaries when it comes to that. You can pretend to be good guy and if you feel like you can easily benefit from something you can use that chance. Exterminate the whole province and make their inhabitants zombies on your army, it's your call.

3. We're planning to organize beta-test sometime in August maybe. In the meantime we have to test the English version of the original game. So keep that in mind

June 20, 2012 9:50:21 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Imper1um,
Hello again, guys.

3. We're planning to organize beta-test sometime in August maybe. In the meantime we have to test the English version of the original game. So keep that in mind

I think it would be a GREAT idea to let the beta testers for Elemental:WoM and FE into your beta. Ahem!

June 21, 2012 3:14:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

@Impe1um: Thanks for the reply, I'll definitely pick up the demo once the game is out. And please keep us here updated

June 21, 2012 8:39:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wait, what's that again about "the English version of the original game" that you wrote ?

You mean that there is en english version of the first Eador game available or soon to be just before the second game is released ?

Where/when can we get it ?

Or did I misunderstood what you were saying ?

June 21, 2012 9:25:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Oh? "English version of the original game"? I completely missed that line in your post Imper1um!

Does this mean the original version (Eador: Creation) will eventually be available in English? AWESOME!

June 22, 2012 5:46:14 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting yenloc,
Oh? "English version of the original game"? I completely missed that line in your post Imper1um!

Does this mean the original version (Eador: Creation) will eventually be available in English? AWESOME!

Yep, exactly

June 22, 2012 8:14:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I note that you didn't answer the "when ?" part, you fiend...

June 23, 2012 6:50:16 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

And for not answering "when", you should change your avatar to this Imper1um

Devil

June 25, 2012 8:35:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It's coming pretty soon No exact date at the moment but definitely before the new game's release which is November.

September 7, 2012 8:41:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If you're interested in helping these guys out, they're on Steam Greenlight, and could probably use the votes to get them some digital distribution love.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93959913&searchtext=&ExtraParams%5B0%5D=&method=filedetails&controller=sharedfiles&insideModal=0&requirelogin=1

September 7, 2012 10:03:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Looks interesting.

September 24, 2012 3:58:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

New interview:

http://www.tacticularcancer.com/content.php?id=3817

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0002156   Page Render Time: