Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Seeking Galactic Balance Advice

By on March 4, 2013 6:49:26 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

AlexCCCP

Join Date 03/2013

I've been playing GalCiv2 Ultimate 2.03 and I really want long, epic games. But I find that very quickly  one of the AI races dominates all the others and it becomes a 1v1 between me and him. I'm not playing just  to win, but for the experience and wish the game would last longer rather than seeing one civ dominate the galaxy before the game is even half done, judging by tech progression.

Could someone suggest settings, race choices or mods that will help prevent such total domination??

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 4, 2013 8:00:33 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Try this mod.  I like to play long games and the mod is designed around around balancing the weapons, nerfing the Arnorian Ranger, nerfing the Super Dominator corvette, making defences capital-ship only for most of the game and generally pushing most of the races towards building military.

March 5, 2013 3:07:27 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I play DA.  The best games of that type that i have had there are Suicidal with max Minor AIs, largest galaxy, most major AIs, but with fewer than max stars.  Rare or Uncommon seems best, with Abundant everything else.

The effect of fewer stars seems to be that several AIs will have substantial volumes of space, insulated from the others.  They are then able to develop in their own mini-zone, yet the colony rush ends sooner and before they over-extend themselves. 

March 5, 2013 7:59:15 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks,

I will check into your mod, MarvinKosh, it looks quite interesting! I hope you are able to continue work on it soon, good luck.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time: