Wrong damage shown for core ship design

has 3 Lasers but shows only 2 Beam Damage

By on February 25, 2013 9:16:47 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Bl4ckSh33p

Join Date 08/2006

Hi! I tried to search for this but the search does not seem to work, it did not display other topics.

I just played the second Dread Lord Campaign mission and a new core design was available. It has 1 Laser and 2 Laser II installed and when I hit "Upgrade" the component tooltip shows all of them do 1 Beam Damage. But the summary on the bottom shows only 2 Beam Damage. But it should be 3?

Name: Star Fury M2

/Edit:

just edited another core design and it seems some components are just for decoration and are not working (like sensors or basic support, they don't take up space but are in the installed components list). So it is no bug, just a "cosmetic" laser gun without doing damage? Or do these additional systems start to work when they fit in after researching miniaturization?

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 25, 2013 7:15:15 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

just edited another core design and it seems some components are just for decoration and are not working (like sensors or basic support, they don't take up space but are in the installed components list).

Correct, the appearances of the pre-made designs aren't bound to the actual component definitions.

February 26, 2013 5:03:22 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Also, don't rely on core designs for your combatships. It is much more effective to customize and update the ships yourself as they will always be the most up-to-date they can be and can be much more optimized against whatever you're fighting. Also, editing the ships yourself will reveal where the problems in your technology lie: only need your laser to be slightly smaller to fit another one on your ship and gain another 1 or 2 damage? Is your defense taking up way too much space in order to be effective? This is information much easier gleaned from the shipbuilder than from anywhere else.

March 9, 2013 12:02:28 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I believe it is a bug.  Sometimes the component icons (e.g. weapons) at the top shows parts which aren't placed:  they don't contribute to the defence or armour,  and they don't use space,  just like they are hull-design "extras" and there is no effect when they are removed.  It happens to me and I never use or upgrade core designs.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time: