Altarn's Polished Twilight of the Arnor 1 and 2

Fix mod

By on December 31, 2012 9:11:30 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums External Link

MabusAltarn

Join Date 05/2006
+6

APT2

Download here

APT2 is a complete overhaul from APT1. APT2 is NOT a pure fix mod. Pick up APT1 for that.

It features:

• Massively improved research through techtree structure standardization
    Each race uses a base Dark Avatar inspired techtree featuring its own unique technology. This results in extremely reliable research for each species.
  • Fully working TechTrade and Diplomacy
  • Updated Campaigns compatible with APT2
    Enjoy all campaigns fully compatible with APT2.
  • Updated UI to reduce mouse movement and save time
    Dozens of screen updates were done to make them faster to use.
  • Updated Technology descriptions
    Hundreds of updates.
  • Balanced starting conditions
    Everyone gets the same base structures leaving no one behind. The result is much more balances AI build up early in the game.
  • Revamped Super Annihilator ability
    Spore Ships no longer exist. Super Annihilators get full use of toxic planets and a very cheap and powerful soldering ability.

APT1

Everything that was done to make APT can be found here and here but the gist of it is this.

APT is my attempt at fixing the game with as little modding as possible. I fixed the techtree errors and focused on some key technologies that the AI should really have to remain competitive while making sure the AI wouldn't get stuck in a researching. I did this with as little AIValue hacking as possible which means techtrading, with a few exceptions, is unaltered.

The result is AI research that works, isn't not perfect and a little random but it is fun to play against.

Go here to Download

Enjoy,

Altarn.

How to install APT or any other fix mod:

Version log.

For more details see the spreadsheet linked to on the APT webside https://sites.google.com/site/mabusraeen/ in the Files section.

* Revamped several 1pp buildings that got upgraded. This is bugged (thanks Gaunator) and presented issues to player and AI in certain situations. More info in the change log.

To many to list here. See the change document linked to on this page.

* Fixed temple of Neutrality
* Fixed Smart Drone requirement so it's available for species without Xeno Factory Construction
* Research Academy didn't have an AIvalue

* Removed Healing Pools from Drath & Altarian techtrees. Gave Temple same stats.
* Drengin use Market Center now instead of black market. They can't upgrade the Black Market
* Changed all GAs that civs start with to superprojects.
* Added improvement properties info to descriptions.
* Upgrading Starbase modules will need their previous version
* Aul Incinerator can not be spied or destroyed same as other PQ changers
* Fixed a few categories and IDs
* Fixed Thalan Gaia Vortex
* Fixed GravityAccelerators
* Switched costs SoilEnhancement/HabitatImprovement
* Switched costs Invention Matrix/Discovery Sphere
* Switched costs Stock Market/Banking Center
* Seekers (Yor, Iconians) can now be traded
* Yor Stalks have same AI value as regular farms
* Gave trade goods HarmonyCrystals, HyperComputers and GalacticExhibition AI of 5, same as other trade goods
* Added custom texts to all levels of espionage
* The Korath use their own version of a Basic Lab. When they research new research tech this structure gets upgraded properly.

* Everyone researches Xeno Ethics
* Everyone researches Planetary Invasion
* Cathedral of Valor changed to a GA that gives soldering and cannot be spied.
* Super Spy Training Center now gives civ wide research, but no espionage.
* Temple of Espionage now gives 100% espionage, but no research,
* Starbase Modules revamped.
* Made Evil Weapons unattractive to research AI overuses them and they're much to expensive.
* Enlarged the Rally Point window.

* Improved AI research
* Reformats text for readability
* Fixed bad language and spelling
* Reused Icons from DA/DL to give nearly every structure a unique icon
* Added small touches lore wise
* Recoloured Korx, Krynn and Iconians

84 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 31, 2012 2:15:07 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Congratulations! It is nice to see another fix mod getting released, as it will provide more options for the players.

January 1, 2013 7:26:47 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Thanks, we're at 4 now so that's a nice selection.

January 1, 2013 8:09:52 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Time for a little feedback, based on a cursory glance through your files.

FlavorText.xml
PlanetPara_OriginalHomeworld: The Altarians and Arceans are missing an </Phrase> at the end of the Good entry. Well, it's not quite missing, as you can find it right after the Evil entry, but it is not where it's supposed to be.
Espionage: Several entries are still missing [RaceRelations], which means, that you can't see the reasons behind their relations to you. The new formating is definitely going to help readability, but the racial-specific versions (like for the Yor or what the Iconians think about the Drengin) will still only appear when no espionage has been done yet.

GC2_Conversations.xml
It seems you only fixed a few of the problems with this file. I don't blame you. It's a lot of work, and I still haven't ironed out all the bugs myself. The biggest problem with the file is, that, due to coding errors, the entries are either not used at all (resulting in empty transmissions) or generic ones are used instead of the correct ones. The best examples of this are the Krynn and Korath first contact greetings (which only show up if you play a custom race, otherwise it's a generic greeting) and certain war declarations (which just show up empty; still trying to figure out why or which ones exactly). To fix this, you need to make entries for all race and alignment combinations. Take a look at the file in my mod, and you will see how much work this is. Most of it is copy-and-paste, but it's getting tedious fast.

PlanetImprovements.xml
- Xeno Farms states, that it gives food for 3 billion more people, but it gives only food for two more.
- Farms in general: The bonus goes from +2 to +6 to +7. This is a pretty big jump from Xeno Farms to Intensive Farming, and a pretty small one from them to Advanced Xeno Farm.
- Invention Matrix costs more to build than the Discovery Sphere
- Spin Control Center has a weird description (based on my knowledge of how it works at least). The SCC makes the ships in orbit of the planet appear five times stronger, yet the description states, that it also makes the ships in orbit of all other planets appear twice as strong. Have you found out something new about this building or is this an error?
- Propaganda Machine doesn't state how much the effect of influencer starbases will be increased. This and other hardcoded effects are not shown in-game, so the player has no way of knowing what they will do.
- Terraforming has no QueryGraphicName.
- Banking Center costs more to build than the Stock Market
- Propaganda Center doesn't mention the planetary loyalty bonus (ResistanceBonus). The effect isn't shown in-game, so the player has no way of knowing of it or how high it is.
- Artificial Slave Center doesn't state how big the bonus to military production is. The effect isn't shown in-game, so the player has no way of knowing how high it is.
- Gravity Accelerators are still using ShipSpeedBonus. This hardcoded effect is bugged. It doesn't get applied, if you acquire the Accelerators second hand (either by buying them or conquering the planet on which they are build on). Better replace them with a 10% bonus to the speed ability.
- Temple of Evil/Righteousness/Neutrality are bugged. Temple of Evil should use MaxAlignment of 35 (40 is Neutral). Temple of Righteousness should use MinAlignment of 66 (60 is still Neutral). Temple of Neutrality should use MinAlignment of 36 and MaxAlignment of 65.
- (Advanced) Navigation Center don't state how much they increase the speed of ships. The effect isn't shown in-game.
- Weather Control Zenith doesn't state by how much it increases the PQ. The effect isn't shown in-game.
- Aul Incinerator isn't indestructible, can be affected by spies (unlike other buildings that change the PQ, but it isn't that important), and how much the PQ is changed isn't mentioned. The change in PQ is permanent. This means, that it will remain, if the Incinerator gets destroyed, and applied again, if the Incinerator is rebuilt.
- Innovation Complex doesn't state how big the speed bonus is.
- Super Spy Training Center/Temple of Espionage: I don't think either of them were bugged. In the case of the SSTC, I believe it was just Stardock's in-character way of explaining how it works. It wasn't to be taken literally. However, I could be wrong about this. The description of the ToE seems more like something they wanted to do, but couldn't. Either due to engine limitations or time pressure. This doesn't mean, that it is a bug or that the improvements don't work, just that the description is out-dated.
- Biosphere Modulator doesn't state by how much it increases the PQ.
- Shrine of the Mithrilar: QueryGraphicName should be ShrineOfTheMithralar.png not ShrineOfTheMithrilar.png. Damn typos in the png-files.
- Gaia Vortex still uses the PlanetaryQualityBonus tag. It is bugged and doesn't work at all. You would need to replace it with PlanetQualityChange to get a similar effect. Just keep in mind that PlanetaryQualityBonus is/was a percentage bonus (it used to work that way in GalCiv 1).
- Manufacturing Matrix L3: QueryGraphicName should be SymbiosisPlatforms.png not SymbiosisPlatform.png.
- There are also several improvements without an AI tag or it is set to zero (Charging Stalks for example), and a few improvements with unnecessary tags (e.g., the Doomsday Generator has the Indestructable tag, even though it is a GA).

RaceConfig.xml
I really like the idea of changing the AbilitiesDescription into sentences (the Terran one, however, has a slight typo in it: "buy" instead of "but"). With your permission, I'd like to incorporate this idea into my mod.

StarbaseModules.xml
- Interdiction Beam/Warp Field Disruptor will never be used by the AI, so you might want to consider removing them.
- Military-assist modules are quite expensive (1500bc for just one module, granting +1 damage in all categories). Considering that it costs only 1000bc for most races to unlock all culture modules, influencer starbase seem relatively cheap, and are way more effective, when compared to military starbases. This is just an observation based on the data. I will see how this affect the game balance once I had some time to play.
- Ultimate Surveillance Scanners still requires Sector Surveillance Scanners
- Xeno Influence Module requires Insurrection Coordinator. The Thalan don't have the tech for this module in their tech tree.
- Mfg. Mining Matrix L2 requires Mining Center instead of Mfg. Mining Matrix L1.
- Mfg. Mining Matrix L3  requires Mining Center instead of Mfg. Mining Matrix L2.
- Collective Mining II requires Mining Center instead of Collective Mining I.
- Collective Mining III requires Mining Center instead of Collective Mining II.
- Collective Mining IV requires Mining Center instead of Collective Mining III.
- Energy Matrix Center requires Starbase Factory instead of Mfg. Vortex Factory.
- You should consider putting Starbase Hull Repair Kit or any other module without module-requirements (or module depending on it) on top of the file. There is a bug, that allows the AI to ignore module-requirements if the base-module (like Battle Stations) is at the beginning of the file.

UPIssues.xml
- Welfare01, Welfare02 and Welfare03 have HowAIWouldVote set to 5 (vote for enemy or random), which doesn't make any sense. It's a yes/no question.
- StarTax01 has HowAIWouldVote set to 2, while StarTax02 has HowAIWouldVote set to 1. Should be one or the other, but not two different answers for the same question. 2 would make more sense and keep it consistent with StarbaseTax01 and StarbaseTax02.
- There are two identical entries for UPHeadquarters01 in the file.
- WarFareTax01 and WarFareTax02: The percentage doesn't work. You need to set an integer value for this. To be clear, if, for example, 20% get voted upon, only 20bc get deducted from all races at war, not 20% of their income.

That's it for now. I didn't find anything out of the ordinary in GC2Types.xml, so I didn't mention it. As soon as I have some time to look through the tech trees and played some test games, I will post more, if I find anything to report.

January 2, 2013 3:18:49 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Gaunathor, thank you very much for taking a look and providing me with some much needed feedback. Feel free to use RaceConfig sentences idea.

January 2, 2013 5:29:02 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting Gaunathor,
GC2_Conversations.xml
It seems you only fixed a few of the problems with this file. I don't blame you. It's a lot of work, and I still haven't ironed out all the bugs myself. The biggest problem with the file is, that, due to coding errors, the entries are either not used at all (resulting in empty transmissions) or generic ones are used instead of the correct ones. The best examples of this are the Krynn and Korath first contact greetings (which only show up if you play a custom race, otherwise it's a generic greeting) and certain war declarations (which just show up empty; still trying to figure out why or which ones exactly). To fix this, you need to make entries for all race and alignment combinations. Take a look at the file in my mod, and you will see how much work this is. Most of it is copy-and-paste, but it's getting tedious fast.

I'm reasonably certain I've posted a complete fix for this somewhere. If not, I can do so as soon as I get my new computer, since it's been done for a year or more.

January 2, 2013 6:20:04 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting qrtxian,
I'm reasonably certain I've posted a complete fix for this somewhere. If not, I can do so as soon as I get my new computer, since it's been done for a year or more.

Yes, you gave Tolmekian permission to add it into his mod. However, I don't want to rely on other peoples work, when I don't have to. I made my own version and it is almost finished. Only the empty-war-declaration-bug remains (at least that is the only one I know of).

Quoting MabusAltarn,
Gaunathor, thank you very much for taking a look and providing me with some much needed feedback. Feel free to use RaceConfig sentences idea.

No problem, and thanks.

January 2, 2013 8:34:29 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting qrtxian,

Quoting Gaunathor, reply 3GC2_Conversations.xml

Yeah, I think Tolmekian included it in his 3rd version of his mod. Qrtxian, I'd like to include it as well if that's alright with you?

January 2, 2013 3:29:04 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting MabusAltarn,
Yeah, I think Tolmekian included it in his 3rd version of his mod. Qrtxian, I'd like to include it as well if that's alright with you?

Absolutely.

January 2, 2013 3:44:54 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Okay, here is my feedback regarding the tech tree files. Most of it is just nitpicking or difference in opinion what ID or Category certain techs should be.

TechTree.xml
- Interstellar Construction: ID is Industry, should be Logistics like all the other hull techs.
- Space Mining I-III: ID is Logistics, should be Industry.
- Hull Strengthening: ID is Weapons, should be Logistics.
- Industrial Starbase Construction: Category is Industry, should be Manufacturing or Starbase (Industry is not a valid Category).
- Advanced Industrial Starbases: ditto.
- Way of the Arnor: Category should be Manufacturing, not Economics.
- Way of the Dread Lord: Category should be Manufacturing, not Military.
- Defensive Meditation: Category should be Military, not Pure Research.
- Offensive Meditation: ditto.
- Healing Pools: ID is Biology, should be Culture like all other entertainment techs.
- Fleet Warp Bubbles I-III: ID should be Propulsion, not Computing (makes more sense that way).
- Scatter Blaster I+II: Should be set to cannot be traded, to keep them in line with Scatter Blaster III.

Altarian_TechTree.xml
- Interstellar Construction: ID is Industry, should be Logistics like all the other hull techs.
- Advanced Hulls: ID is Industry, should be Logistics like all the other hull techs.
- Healing Pools: ID is Biology, should be Culture like all other entertainment techs.
- Shrine of Tandis: ID is Industry, should be Culture.

Arcean_TechTree.xml
- Advanced Hulls: ID is Industry, should be Logistics like all the other hull techs.
- Xeno Geology: Category is Economics, should be Manufacturing (or ID and Category Biology).

Drath_TechTree.xml

Drengin_TechTree.xml
- Enhanced Slavelings: Should be set to cannot be stolen.
- Artificial Slavelings: Should be set to cannot be stolen.
- Hull Strengthening: ID is Defenses, should be Logistics.

Iconian_TechTree.xml
- Organic Hulls: ID is Industry, should be Logistics.
- Self-Healing Hulls: ID is Industry, should be Logistics.
- Expert Engineering: ID is Industry, should be Logistics.

Korath_TechTree.xml
- Enhanced Slavelings: Should be set to cannot be stolen.
- Artificial Slavelings: Should be set to cannot be stolen.

Korx_TechTree.xml
- Expert Refining: Category is Economics, should be Starbase.

Krynn_TechTree.xml
- Deeper Knowledge: Category is Pure Research, should be Research.
- Robust Hulls: ID is Industry and Category is Pure Research, should be Logistics and Hulls.
- Superior Espionage: ID is Industry, should be either Culture or Computing. Also, the description still states, that it increases espionage.
- Master Spies: ID is Industry, should be either Culture.
- Greater Tolerance: Should be set to cannot be stolen.

MinorRace_TechTree.xml
- Fleet Warp Bubbles I-III: Why do the minors have those?

Terran_TechTree.xml
- Fleet Warp Bubbles I-III: ID is Computing, should be Propulsion.

Thalan_TechTree.xml
- Expert Gravity Channeling: ID is Industry and Category is Biology. ID should be either Computing or Propulsion, and Category should be Pure Research. It should also be set to cannot be traded.
- Hyperion Hull Design: ID is Industry, should be Logistics.
- Defense Industries: Should be set to cannot be traded.

Torian_TechTree.xml
- Greater Knowledge: Category is Pure Research, should be Research.

Yor_TechTree.xml
- Cybernetic Support Systems: Should be set to cannot be stolen.

So, playing some test games is the only thing left now.

January 5, 2013 4:14:08 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

How did you check did some structre IDs exist in EXE?

January 5, 2013 4:21:07 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I made a copy of the .EXE and renamed it to .TXT then simply had a look for their ID with WordPad.

January 5, 2013 4:26:15 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

This may be of interest to other modders. I just discovered you can have multiple structures with the same ID with their own properties unlocked by different techs.

I noticed the Korath never upgraded their slave labs with Xeno Labs. Makes sense, Xeno Lab's upgrade target is Basic Lab. Since you can't have one structure upgrade multiple upgrade targets I made a copy of Basic Lab and gave it the same properties as the starter slave lab and had it unlocked by a new custom tech similar to traditional research.

What happened next REALLY put a smile on my face. The Korath now have their own version of Basic Lab which is exactly the same as their old lab but it does get upgraded by Xeno Labs!

What this means for the Korath is higher levels of research throughout the game but especially at the beginning of the game.

As an experiment I also made multiple copies of the Neutrality Learning Center and gave each a different upgrade target. This kinda works. Research Acadamies, Invention Cities and Discovery spheres we're all upgraded to Neultrality Learning Centers. If not for the major annoyance of having three Neutrality Learning Centers in your improvement selection list.

January 5, 2013 8:07:47 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting MabusAltarn,
This may be of interest to other modders. I just discovered you can have multiple structures with the same ID with their own properties unlocked by different techs.

Sorry to disappoint you, but this has already been known for some time.

Quoting MabusAltarn,
Since you can't have one structure upgrade multiple upgrade targets

You can actually, but all improvements need to be in the same tech tree. Otherwise, you will get stuck between turns, as soon as the research is finished.

Quoting MabusAltarn,
As an experiment I also made multiple copies of the Neutrality Learning Center and gave each a different upgrade target. This kinda works. Research Acadamies, Invention Cities and Discovery spheres we're all upgraded to Neultrality Learning Centers. If not for the major annoyance of having three Neutrality Learning Centers in your improvement selection list.

Take a look at the NLC in my PlanetaryImprovements.xml. I changed it, so it has an upgrade target for Research Academy, Invention Matrix and Discovery Sphere. It's not perfect, but it does work. The worst case scenario would be, that the AI researches NLC immediately after Research Academies. All Research Academies will be upgraded to the NLC, but the AI will also have the Ivention Matrix available, after it finishes the research. Any IM that gets build will be upgraded to an Discovery Sphere, after the AI researches them, and be stuck as one. However, the AI won't be able to build any Discovery Spheres directly, because only the NLC will be available.

January 5, 2013 9:25:50 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Ah thanks for the info.

I think I'll apply the NLC fix like you did then but I'll leave the extra lab for the Korath. If I add SlaveLab as upgrade target to the Xeno Lab there's a slight chance the Drengin will upgrade their slave labs to Xeno Labs instead of their next Slave lab tech.

January 5, 2013 10:05:12 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting MabusAltarn,
If I add SlaveLab as upgrade target to the Xeno Lab there's a slight chance the Drengin will upgrade their slave labs to Xeno Labs instead of their next Slave lab tech.

Actually, if you did that, the game would get stuck between turns, as soon as anyone finishes researching Xeno Research. I experienced this first hand in my pre-beta version.

At that time, I had Temple (Altarians/Drath) as an upgrade for both Traditional Temple (Altarians) and Drathian Temple (Drath). As soon as either race finished the research for Temples, the game would get stuck, and I had to quit using the task manager, because GalCiv became completely unresponsive. At first, I had no idea what was wrong, but I eventually figured it out.

Lesson learned: never use multiple upgrade targets, if one of the improvements is not available in all tech trees. This is one of the reasons why the NLC is now gone from most of my tech trees.

January 5, 2013 1:21:53 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I have a game saved at turn 1, will any mods I enable now work with that game or do you have to restart?

January 5, 2013 1:56:07 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Mods which change data will require you to start a new game.  If there are only cosmetic changes like new weapon sounds or icons then these just (probably) need yo to restart GalCiv 2, not your game in progress.

January 5, 2013 3:44:50 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting Gaunathor,

Quoting MabusAltarn, reply 15If I add SlaveLab as upgrade target to the Xeno Lab there's a slight chance the Drengin will upgrade their slave labs to Xeno Labs instead of their next Slave lab tech.

Actually, if you did that, the game would get stuck between turns, as soon as anyone finishes researching Xeno Research. I experienced this first hand in my pre-beta version.

At that time, I had Temple (Altarians/Drath) as an upgrade for both Traditional Temple (Altarians) and Drathian Temple (Drath). As soon as either race finished the research for Temples, the game would get stuck, and I had to quit using the task manager, because GalCiv became completely unresponsive. At first, I had no idea what was wrong, but I eventually figured it out.

Lesson learned: never use multiple upgrade targets, if one of the improvements is not available in all tech trees. This is one of the reasons why the NLC is now gone from most of my tech trees.

Can't you just get around this by making superficially different techs for each race?

January 5, 2013 4:34:45 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting qrtxian,
Can't you just get around this by making superficially different techs for each race?

Do you mean getting around the need for multiple upgrade targets in one improvement or getting around the problem of having a stuck game? If the latter, only if it means, that all improvements are available in the same tech tree. If the former, yes, and that is what I ended up doing (and changed again since).

January 6, 2013 12:42:50 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

What I mean is, using your example as a demonstration:

Quoting Gaunathor,

Is there a reason you can't just make Temple (Altarian) and Temple (Drath) techs (with the corresponding improvements) instead of needing the multiple upgrade targets?

January 6, 2013 4:57:32 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting qrtxian,
Is there a reason you can't just make Temple (Altarian) and Temple (Drath) techs (with the corresponding improvements) instead of needing the multiple upgrade targets?

No. Like I said, that is what I did afterwards (and changed a little more since then, to prevent confusion). I just wanted to see, if it is possible to use multiple upgrade targets. It worked with the NLC, but not with the Temple. Now I know why, and can use it again, if needed, within the limitations.

January 6, 2013 9:32:08 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Not that I have experience playing the game, but I suggest the extreme colonization thing is not a bug but a feature.  On large maps particularly you are guaranteed to get one of each type of planet. By making the AI research extreme colonization you are actually going to screw over AIs that should be taking advantage of their bonuses by going to war early.  

A few other fixes potentially have similar reasonings.

I'm guessing the I only settle inside my sphere of influence could also have the same reasoning? Though it is obvious how that is supremely broken on many maps. 

January 6, 2013 4:00:39 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Grashopa. Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

I can see you point and thought similarly at some point. Here's the issue though. AIP8 AIs will never research Exteme Colonization when they encouter an extreme planet but they will research the specific tech if they can access it.

The problem is AIP8 AIs will conquer extreme planets but they will never be able to use them. Unfortunately the structures on those conquered extreme planets will cost them money which screws them over.

Only settling in your sphere of influence is, in my opinion, a death sentence in most scenarios and not fun to play against.  Which is why only the Korath remain on this AI to use spore ships.

January 6, 2013 4:17:04 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

EDIT - ignore me.

January 6, 2013 4:41:58 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Your bonus for that planet is only shown on that planet.  Don't worry, you are getting the full 30%.  To check that, take your planet's manufaturing (mp) number, take the percentage of that according to your sliders, and then add on the extra 30%.  If you have social production being transferred over to military, add that on too.  It should correspond to the number you see for military production.

However, any social production carried over to military will not be modified by the Social or Military ability bonus.  The 10% modifier from the planet may apply, however (its generally so small of a bonus to make little difference).

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001297   Page Render Time: