How to Register GalCiv II Uptimate with Game Stop App

By on June 26, 2012 11:36:53 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

TheCadDude

Join Date 12/2003

I purchased Gal Civ II Ultimate from the store, and so have a product key.  When I load the game and click on the 'Update' feature, it goes to Gamestop App, and it says there is an update available.  When I try to download the update, it tells my I need to register the game with the GameStop app...

How do I do that?

Thanks,

10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 26, 2012 6:10:42 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You can register retail copies here and download the latest version here after doing so. There is no need to use GameStop/Impulse any longer.

July 19, 2012 11:39:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This is BS. I own GalCiv II ULTIMATE. On the My Downloads page, I have "GalCiv II: Ultimate Bundle Pack (Digital Download)" with NO download link. Just BLANK space next to this title. The only thing I see is: "Please install the GameStop PC app and logon with your GameStop/Impulse account to download this software.". Wow, thanks. This PoS installer does nothing but inflate my computer with ads and runs like CRAP. This game is being advertised by Stardock employees as being DIRECTLY downloadable from them IF you have the Ultimate. I either want a download link that works, a steam key, or a refund. Very frustrated I am FORCED to use an application, despite other advertisement.

Upset customer. I feel I wasted $60 USD on this product and don't think I will spend another cent on a Stardock download.

July 20, 2012 6:52:52 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It sounds like you have a slightly different SKU (the direct download will appear as "GalCiv II: Ultimate Edition (Digital Download)"), probably from a combo sale we had at some point rather than the actual GC2 Ultimate version referred to here. If you contact support@stardock.com they may be able to shift the appropriate bits around so you can download it from us.

August 11, 2012 3:34:56 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Sorry, but this update procedure drives me crazy.

My games are already registered by stardock since years. I followed your Instruction above in Reply #1.

Although all games are registered, I could only download the old Retailversion of GalCiv (1).

Altarian Prophecy is shown up with serial no. also as DreadLords, DarkAvatar and Twilight, but no possibility

to download any of this games. Instead that, a remark I should install the Gamestop App.

Okay I did so, but then the next problem appeared. Gamestop (this name is really program) shows me only

my Darkavatar installation.

Okay I whipped complete GalCiv2 from my HD and start an new install and enter the serial no. at begin of the installation,

I tried it at first only with Dreadlords, and go then to gamestop again to see what happens.

Now gamestop recognized my DreadLords-Retailversion, and an update button appears.

And I ran into next trouble. If I tried this update button. Gamestop said I should do first a registration of my game -

with the gamestop app. But nowhere is a registration menu or button, no FAQ, nothing, after crwaling through

the gamestop forum finally find a hint to do game registration with the redeem menu.

But no chance, my original serial no. is always in use...

so I lost hours and hours for nothing...  

Apologies english is not my language... I hope you understand even though...

So is there any chance to get my game licenses updated ? Next week, not this weekend naturally.

August 11, 2012 9:58:58 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The individually purchased games/expansions aren't currently available via SDC or the store website, but if you're unable to get your old pre-GameStop registrations sorted out with them to be able to download through Impulse, shoot a mail to support@stardock.com and they should be able to work something out to get you your games.

August 16, 2012 12:53:47 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Thanks kryo, that worked.

Yesterday I sended an eMail to support@stardock.com and immediately got a response the same day,

with a alternative download solution. Now again is all up to date.

May 22, 2013 3:07:35 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Still not able to register my game with the impulse app. The redeem menu doesn't work with your jewel case CD-key nor am I seeing any other option to register the game.

May 22, 2013 6:54:28 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

GameStop doesn't support the addition of new registrations from retail copies any longer. Please contact support@stardock.com and they should be able to work something out to get you fixed up.

May 28, 2014 1:01:33 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Thanks for the answer Kryo...but I'm having problems with the Stardock register page.  I have put in my email and serial number but I continue to get "Error - The serial entered is not valid."  No matter which product I select, GalCiv2 or GalCiv2 Ultimate Edition.  I will say there is no option for GalCiv2 Dread Lords, which is what I have.  Is that the problem?  I need to update GalCiv2 but I have no way to get the update that I'm aware of unless you have an alternative place to download that from.  Thanks Jell

May 28, 2014 1:38:38 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You would need to contact support@stardock.com and provide as much information as possible.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000688   Page Render Time: