Thought I would post an update:
- Game autodetection is complete (as much as it's going to be at least)
- Game failover in case auto-detection fails is complete
- EasyMod configuration reader/writer complete
- GC2 ini reader/writer complete
- GC2 Hints xml reader/writer complete
- GC2 Hints editor complete
- Config loading
- Project creation
- Project modification
- Project loading/saving
- Custom Races editor
After the next updates are complete, it will be ready for some testing, just see if it breaks on other people's system.
- Oracle's Java (7u5) (Found here: http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp)
- Windows XP or later (32/64 bit ok)
- At *least* GalCiv II. DA and Twilight are also supported (and preferred)
I am planning on adding an auto-update feature so you don't have to manually keep downloading the updates. I've always hated that and I assume anyone kind enough to test this out would find it annoying as well. Sadly, that will not be available for the next few releases.
Thanks for the steam installation path. I added that into the game path autodetection. As I don't have the game from steam, I'm hoping the directories structure is the same and it "just works" for steam users.