Highest Leveled ship you ever had?

By on February 22, 2012 6:41:07 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

dnzrx1

Join Date 04/2011
+3

I would like top know what is the highest leveled ship you ever had in a game?

If you can, can you also show a picture of said ship as well?

19 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 23, 2012 9:30:55 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I don't recall what might be the highest ever, its been 6 years of playing this game, but in my most recent game, just completed two days ago i had a lvl 19 ship, and every other ship of the same class was over lvl 10.

Reply 1 of this thread.

February 23, 2012 2:46:36 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I've had some combat-upgraded flagships (or other survey ships) get pretty high up there sometimes. However, for highest level ever, I think the prize ultimately goes to a pair of level 52 Thalan heavy fighters I had in one DL game.

February 23, 2012 6:46:33 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

My highest ever?

A small ship that has a level of 102.

That ship was around the time when I'm still using the minor race tech tree, my race uses an obnoxious shade of orange, and I'm still in a community college somewhere.

Too bad I lost that game mainly because the race in brown has both Nightmare Torpedoes AND the mega event where their stats grow and grow and grow without end. 

February 23, 2012 7:58:08 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Nice ships, folks!  

I guess my monster level 11s aren't going to quite make it in this thread.     

TBH, I haven't paid attention to what my ships' levels were up until now.  Now that I've limited my current game to two warships, leveling is becoming more important though.  

They'll probably get high for me, but nothing like 52 much less 102.  I might be able to squeeze something close to 19 by the end of the game.  I wouldn't bet a kid's lunch money on it though.

February 23, 2012 8:02:56 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting MottiKhan,
TBH, I haven't paid attention to what my ships' levels were up until now. Now that I've limited my current game to two warships, leveling is becoming more important though.

Problem is, the types of games we used to play Motti, we never we really in any battles. I mean you could play and win without firing anything but 1 shot on the final planet, so getting ships to level up was a foreign concept....

February 24, 2012 3:22:28 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

My military starbases reach levels in the teens in the DL campaign.

February 29, 2012 10:39:14 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

My level 11 monster in my current game quickly made it to level 102.

February 29, 2012 10:44:20 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Good lord! What did you do?

February 29, 2012 11:08:11 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Feed it some Whiskey i'll bet!!! But 768 hitpoints!!!

I'm not even sure you need defenses!!! LOL

February 29, 2012 11:25:27 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Huh, interesting - the highest-level ship I can find on one of my TA games is a level 41 Torian frigate, and it hasn't even hit a hundred HP yet.

March 1, 2012 2:08:29 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting dnzrx1,
Good lord! What did you do?

I'm glad you asked.    

My veteran ships were taking a pounding from the Drengin, so I fleeted them with empty huge hulls hoping to sacrifice the empty hulls and keep the veterans.  The opposite happened and the empty hulls got incredible experience during the scuffle while the veterans died.  Since I allowed myself two warships in the game, I upgraded two of the empty hulls to warships to replace their fallen comrades and decommissioned the other survivors.

Evidently, the experience was given based on their attack and defense values (0) + the hull hit points against the defending fleets (700+ Att, 700+ def + hull values)

I assume that the max experience level is 102, seeing that the number has come up on a few occasions and my empty hulls didn't breech that limit.

It would be a quick way of getting uber survivors for fights against superior enemies.  

And now, the playing field has been leveled.    

March 1, 2012 4:28:08 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I wonder if this contributed to your score? That would have been a fine trick to use a few years ago!

March 1, 2012 6:48:13 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting Neilo,
I wonder if this contributed to your score? That would have been a fine trick to use a few years ago!

HP is only worth about 1/4th as much as attack or defense, so, no, not really.

Also, it's all about how long you've had your ships, and my understanding is he only got the ship in question in the very late game.

March 2, 2012 3:31:40 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Ahh okay, thx for that SS.

Your tech must have been supreme early on Motti!!

March 7, 2012 4:29:25 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

here's my highest level. that ship whiped out almost all of the korath clan on its own. then joined a fleet and cleared the path for my spore ships. i think it was the second military ship i built in that game and it was upgraded only once.

March 7, 2012 11:05:34 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Wow...and nice looking ship too!

March 8, 2012 12:17:23 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Nice looking ship.

And oh boy, I need to get a ship that also have over 200 experience levels. With all of these ultra-ships coming in, I'm afraid my lvl 102 fighter's gonna be left in the dust.

And how did you keep the fleet alive for so long?

March 8, 2012 12:24:16 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting dnzrx1,
Nice looking ship.
And how did you keep the fleet alive for so long?

early in that game the korath clan had a rather weak military so i kept grinding experience by attacking colonies that had only one or two defending ships. then waited till they rebuild and then attack again... later they built cruisers with advanced weapons, but i guess they did not research logistics since most of the time they tried to attack with single ships instad of fleets.

after a short time my cruiser accumulated a lot of hit points and with all the extra hp from the iconian tech tree along with the +100% repair bonus it was pretty safe. when i noticed some heavy forces approaching my territory i "softended" them with a bunch of fighters and finished them off mith the main fleet. i tried to keep my enemies at low level and i had mega events turned off, so there were no "super-ships" that pop out of nowhere.

October 22, 2012 4:04:59 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I'm playing the Dread Lords campaign again.  I researched quickly to Starbase Fortification III and at the screenshot have a level 17 military starbase as yet with no ship assist modules and not the maximum shields.  Most of my BCs went on rush buying constructors (I chose neutral alignment for this rush-buy discount) and repairing the starbase:

Military Starbase L17

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time: