TOA cheat codes

By on February 16, 2012 9:19:34 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

James Bynum

Join Date 10/2003

Add the "cheat" command line parameter to a shortcut to the application and you need to add it *outside* the quotes that enclose the application path in the shortcut.

Example: "C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\galciv2.exe" cheat

-----------------------------------------------

I have done this and it still doesn't work. I left a space between the quote mark and the word cheat, yet it still doesn't work. This is the same codes for the original as well, so has someone misguidedly posted the wrong codes?

All I really need is the code for Planet Quality. I can't stand starting out with a low quality planet as my homeworld.

Thanks to whomever can assist me with this request

James

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 16, 2012 10:22:10 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Thanks to Kryo for his speedy reply to my personal message.

Here is what I found when getting my "non Ultimate edition" of TA to accept the cheat codes:

My GC2 TA folder has TWO different LAUNCHERS for the expansion.

1) Twilight\GC2TwilightOfTheArnor.exe

2) Twilight\TALaunch.exe

And only #1 works with the codes. ALSO, I did notice that the CTRL + P code does not work on your individually selected planets, as it once did. CTRL + SHIFT + P however, does as reported, and increases the quality of ALL uninhabited planets on the full map.

February 16, 2012 10:28:42 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

IIRC, since planetary governors got set to ctrl+P for TA (2.x?), +planet quality is now ctrl+shift+N.

Alternatively, ensure that you're targeting the game executables, not the launchers; that is, GalCiv2.exe/GC2DarkAvatar.exe/GC2TwilightOfTheArnor.exe, as opposed to GC2Launch.exe/DALaunch.exe/TALaunch.exe.

February 16, 2012 10:34:41 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I'll second that.  +1 planet quality is ctrl+shift+N.  I had that same problem with mixing up the launcher and the exe.  Now it works wonderfully.

February 16, 2012 11:07:53 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Til now, I did not know of the correct code for a selective Planet Quality + code. Thank you so much

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time: