How do I spawn a precursor fleet?

By on December 31, 2011 10:21:00 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

dajuke

Join Date 09/2009
+1

I have the ultimate edition of Galactic Civilizations 2.  I understand how the cheats work and have been able to activate them in my game to increase my enjoyment.  My question is in doing a quick search for cheat codes one day I came across one and only one website that listed a code to spawn a precursor fleet.  I know the code is legitimate because it worked, but I have not been able to find that website again and can't remember the keys to press to enable the cheat.  It spawned something like a battleship, a couple rangers, and two or three other ships of very strong abilities.  If anyone knows that code I would be greatly appreciative if you could share it.  Thanks in advance.

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 31, 2011 10:54:40 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Experimentation works.  But I cannot get it consistently.  By holding down shift and then pressing one of the top row letters I can get the fleet to spawn, but I cannot get it to do so consistently.  I can get it to happen by holding shift and then pressing each key multiple times until finally a fleet does spawn.  AFter that fleet does, holding SHIFT-T seems to clone it, so you can give yourself a ridiculously massive and honestly non-fun arnorian fleet.

Again, I have ultimate edition, so I don't know if this is different than other editions, but it's a fun thing to use.  Also CONTROL-Y appears to force a mega-event to happen, and I haven't seen that posted very many places either.

Any thoughts on this would be welcome.  I would really like to figure out what the conditions are to make the fleet spawn consistently.

January 8, 2012 2:37:50 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I'll just update this in case anyone else wants to enjoy playing a precursor fleet.  I now can spawn it consistently using gal civ 2 ultimate edition.  It's just SHIFT-T.  I was getting confused because it takes a few seconds to spawn the fleet so I would continue pushing other keys.  The fleet spawns centered around where your mouse cursor is on the galactic map. I hope this gives at least one other person some extra fun from this awesome game.

January 11, 2012 8:38:49 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Thx for that dajuke

Do you know what the best thing is ? The ships do not show up in you military power, so the other factions keep threating you or declaring war !

So just started a game with with the Drengin and Korath as my neighbours

January 14, 2012 1:41:39 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Heh.

Give em hell.

July 2, 2013 10:33:39 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Just tried the SHIFT+T and it worked. Just wanted to quickly comment that it is actually very very fun to spawn a few of these, transport them to the ends of the maps and give them to other players. makes difficult and interesting play

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000312   Page Render Time: