Ship speed at 5/5 - no more ?

By on December 10, 2011 9:57:32 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Pendragon2

Join Date 03/2006

hi , i can produce ships with speed 10 and more.

but if they are in space only moving 5 ist possible.

what is the problem ?

thanks.

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 10, 2011 12:15:26 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Yes, you can make ships move faster by strapping on extra engines on a ship, progress into the engine technologies, or making your units move with a ship carrying a Fleet Warp Bubble projector.

Note: ships in a fleet will move at the rate of the fleet's slowest ship.

December 10, 2011 8:05:35 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

You've been hit by a Mega Event that restricts all ship speeds to a maximum of 5 for the duration of the game.  There aren't a lot of things you can do about it, but it only takes effect on the turn after a ship is built, so your first turn with each ship will be full moves.  You may want to consider using all-engine designs in order to move your ships the most distance possible in that turn, and then upgrade them into what you really want them to be-although this will be more expensive.

In general, you probably want to turn Mega Events off, as this isn't really avoidable otherwise.

December 11, 2011 3:37:34 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting Sole Soul,
In general, you probably want to turn Mega Events off, as this isn't really avoidable otherwise.

While this particular event is obnoxious, I wouldn't say that it in itself is worth disabling Mega Events for, if you like other ones. I've seen it maybe three times in 90 or more games, so it's not incredibly common.

December 12, 2011 12:29:04 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

And on a big map I'd reload like a shot the instant I saw it.  Move of 5 -- sheesh.  

December 28, 2011 7:37:20 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Although here is a tip that no one brought up yet:

You can cheat the system by having ships with fleet warp bubbles in your fleets, by doing so, your ships can move up to 8 squares per turn, instead of the usual 5.

Don't ask why, but it works.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000312   Page Render Time: