Make maximum number of playable factions at least equal to number of factions

By on September 21, 2009 7:07:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Vox_Imperat...

Join Date 04/2004

One of the things that annoyed me about GalCiv II was that there was a large selection of civilizations, but you couldn't put them all in the game at once, so you could never get the full experience of all the races at the same time. I don't really see the point in this, so please have at least enough slots to put all the factions in the game.

9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 21, 2009 7:13:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If I recall correctly the maximum number of kingdoms is 32 therefore there are fewer playable factions than kingdoms.

September 21, 2009 7:19:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well in normal single player you can add all non-custom factions. So be happy!

September 21, 2009 8:17:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Max starting races is 32. Yep the total # of stardock build civs in elemental is 24 total 12 human and 12 fallen... which leaves 6 for you to create.... or 32 customs races, your choice.

Its goin to be great! Hell neutrals races can pop up during the game and then theres vassals states, and when you conquor races they can be divided up into that empire's families... Right now the beta is at like what 10-12.... but it will get there.

So hey we dont know the total races that there can be in a long game...  

September 22, 2009 2:40:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Max starting races is 32. Yep the total # of stardock build civs in elemental is 24 total 12 human and 12 fallen... which leaves 6 for you to create.... or 32 customs races, your choice.

My version only has 6 human and 6 fallen, which is what they told us it would be all along. Do you have some super-secret version?! Or are you just confused

September 22, 2009 6:45:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If you mean Skirmish by 'Normal single player', you have a different version than me. In skirmish you can only add up to ten enemies which leaves one faction you can't add.

September 22, 2009 7:33:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

With a maximum slot of 32 there are enough slots to have fit each of the factions in twice and a bit more.  If "double" factions are allowed than Stardock is going to have to find a good way of differenitating them.

Usually the way best way of doing this is just to had a bit on the end for example France, The Republic of France, The Kingdom of France. 3 Easily distinguishable faction. However considering that each nation already has a bit added on to them, ie Empire and kingodms. This becomes a pretty pointless method.

Perhaps the better way would be to eliminate doubles but allow the computer to randomly generate custome factions to fill the empty space. Have it choose a random name, pick a bonus (or Whatever?) and just go with that. I would really love to see computer opponents generate their own random factions it would save me time .

@Scorpiana

Brad has stated that he plans to have 32 factions in a "skirmish" as the maximum. However we are very early in the beta which is why we don't have that many slots.

http://forums.elementalgame.com/363380

@ Hawaa

Pigeonpigeon is right there are only going to be 12 factions: http://forums.elementalgame.com/329355/page/2

September 22, 2009 8:08:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Scorpiana,

If you mean Skirmish by 'Normal single player', you have a different version than me. In skirmish you can only add up to ten enemies which leaves one faction you can't add.

Yeah looks like the one time I added all factions I picked all of them and was left with the faction that I picked left out (Which seems to be a bug as it shouldnt of been on list?). Think it happens if you pick one, go back and pick a different one.

September 22, 2009 10:27:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Currently, there are plans to have 12 official factions, 6 kingdom, 6 empire. But you will be able to play up to 32 in a game, and create as many as you like. The truth is there is not theoretical cap, in a large game, by the time kingdoms start to break up in to vassaldoms, etc, it could get quite high.

Since you will be able to create new factions using the same tools we use, you should be able to have quite a variety of to choose from.

September 22, 2009 11:10:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wow... im losing it... ya 12 official races... ya you know what I mean ops.... DOH!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time: