GalCiv II: Twilight of the Arnor v2.03 released

By on August 9, 2009 3:42:44 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1109

Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor has received an update bringing it to version 2.03. This also applies to the Ultimate Edition and Endless Universe as well. Updates can be downloaded now via Impulse.

Change log:

• Minor adjustments to tech tree costs
  • Arceans more aggressive at colonizing
  • Terrans build up military sooner
  • Fleet window crash bug fix
  • Misc other updates and fixes
Most of the tweaks and adjustments aren't documented here because there are just too many (and most too piddly) to list here. A definite must-get though.

40 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 9, 2009 7:27:04 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Thankyou!

I just opened Impulse to play some Entrenchment and noticed the update, click update, bam, 15-20 seconds later yet more improvements to GalCiv2!

Amazing support for a game which continues to delight and entertain me for hours upon end.

Stardock and Frogboy continuing to whack every other company out there into touch with their amazing customer service - still updating and perfecting the game a long time after release and when you have other big projects you're putting tons of work into.

I salute you!

August 11, 2009 4:50:50 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Agreed but the question I have is are these update save game compatible? Cos they werent at 1st

August 12, 2009 9:01:52 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Bonza,

Thanks team

August 15, 2009 6:34:17 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Thought you were done with this title, was in the middle of a Campaign too when the update message came up. Thanks a lot, it's appreciated.

---

August 23, 2009 5:50:30 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Wow, the Dread Lords just produced a Constructor. 

August 24, 2009 8:19:49 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting Ackos,
Wow, the Dread Lords just produced a Constructor. 

Wow, really?!

August 25, 2009 9:58:01 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

After running GC Ultimate v2.03 in campaign mode, the DA campaign won't load but twilight and Dread Lords campaigns will. what is causing this? Before this happened, I played into two scenarios of DA on V2.03 without any problem.

August 27, 2009 4:46:29 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Outstanding news!  I've just started up playing GC2 again the past few days, so this is very welcome.

Quoting ,
Arceans more aggressive at colonizing

Terrans build up military sooner

I especially appreciate these two, as I'd noticed both races having these problems, respectively.  Thanks again, Brad & co.! 

August 28, 2009 8:59:57 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I did the update, and now the saved game crashes after approx 5 minutes, and even with saving like mad, it still crashes

September 8, 2009 2:21:46 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I dont have the Problem with Crashes with the Patch 2.03. I have Win XP SP 3 on a new Comp which is max. 1/2 Year old (Quad-Core).

Allwipedout mayby your System isn´t running correct (Windows ??? Failure), that you have to make it compleetly new. Systems which are 2 Years or longer on PC have to much Datas (Patches, Updates and so on) that they are not working correctly.

Or you have that sh..... VISTA System, which is not good for Gaming and much Programms.

October 7, 2009 6:37:42 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I just reinstalled after not playing for a lng while. After a short time playing the animations in the viewing windows (rotating ships and planets) go all crazy and the map scrolling is all over the place. I've tried adjusting the video setting and all my drivers are up to date. It makes the game unplayable.

October 7, 2009 8:04:30 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I just reinstalled after not playing for a lng while. After a short time playing the animations in the viewing windows (rotating ships and planets) go all crazy and the map scrolling is all over the place. I've tried adjusting the video setting and all my drivers are up to date. It makes the game unplayable.

You probably have an Athlon64x2 processor--go to AMD's website and grab the latest CPU driver there, that should solve the issue.

October 8, 2009 12:28:34 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting kryo,

You probably have an Athlon64x2 processor--go to AMD's website and grab the latest CPU driver there, that should solve the issue.

Looks like that fixed it. Thanks!

October 8, 2009 2:58:36 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Hi, sorry but after last patch (2.03) the Twilight Arnor not run. Before version run ok (1.97).

The window with game only blink and don't run it. (even intro not run)

Other exes run ok (GC2DarkAvatar.exe, GalCiv2.exe).

My configuration is:

Win vista 64bit

CPU Core i7 920

Ati radeon 4870 x2

motherboard is P6T (asus)

I have last patches on vista and istalled las drivers.

Please can you help my with problem?

Thank Ama.

October 10, 2009 2:49:59 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

i'm on Ultimate Edition 2.02 and I can't find any sign of a 2.03 update on Impulse. Any suggestions?

October 10, 2009 9:55:16 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Does anyone know if 2.03 fixes many of the AI problems that seem to be specific to TA that are frequently discussed in the TA sub-forum such as:

• Civ's don't aggressively expand
  • Civ's don't build improvements on some planets
  • Civ's build the non-optimal type of improvement on tiles with bonuses
Also, curious if 2.03 changes the behavior of the mid to late game tech costs skyrocketing which seems to be another major complaint?  I believe this isn't technically a bug because the behavior seems to be programmed in to follow some sort of equalization logic.
I've seen many comments such as "TA broke the AI so badly that I've reverted to playing DL or DA".  So I was hoping to hear some encouraging news about 2.03 but I haven't really seen any posts where anyone has definitely said "yes, 2.03 rocks and fixes all of my complaints and playing TA is fantastic now"
Anyone have some insight on this?

October 16, 2009 9:36:58 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Thanks, Stardock!  Your support and attention to community has made a solid supporter out of me.  I didn't get Demigod (not really into the DOTA thing) and I'm very sorry about the pirate activity on the servers.  Hope you work that out satisfactorily.  That said, you have my interest in Elemental.  If that approaches GalCiv2 in terms of quality gameplay and support, you will most certainly have my money.

October 16, 2009 10:25:58 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Hi, sorry but after last patch (2.03) the Twilight Arnor not run. Before version run ok (1.97).

The window with game only blink and don't run it. (even intro not run)

Please start a new thread and post your debug.err file's contents there so we can get more detailed info about this.

October 16, 2009 10:26:55 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

i'm on Ultimate Edition 2.02 and I can't find any sign of a 2.03 update on Impulse. Any suggestions?

If you purchased at retail make sure that you've got the game properly registered; support@stardock.com can help if you do and it still does not appear.

October 24, 2009 6:08:33 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Thanks for info.

But my problem was solved.

Problem was in reinstall old version dark avartar ( i must deleted all files about registration X:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\)

For other useres with same problem: you must truly good uninstall don´t-working version.

Thanks Stardock great work.

October 30, 2009 10:53:31 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Wow, still updating after all this time!  I'm extremely impressed.

November 24, 2009 11:20:10 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting ,

alactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor has received an update bringing it to version 2.03. This also applies to the Ultimate Edition and Endless Universe as well. Updates can be downloaded now via Impulse.

Change log:

Minor adjustments to tech tree costs
Arceans more aggressive at colonizing
Terrans build up military sooner
Fleet window crash bug fix
Misc other updates and fixes
Most of the tweaks and adjustments aren't documented here because there are just too many (and most too piddly) to list here. A definite must-get though.

December 13, 2009 1:18:57 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

as soon as the update took place i could no longer start new games it just crashes, uninstalling than re installing doesn't work my computer is a vista.

December 13, 2009 11:14:46 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

as soon as the update took place i could no longer start new games it just crashes, uninstalling than re installing doesn't work my computer is a vista.

Please start a new thread and post your debug.err file's contents there so we can get more detailed info about this.

January 14, 2010 11:54:44 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Hello, I'm just new here because I have never had the need to write on the forum.

Anyway, I've just upgraded my game to 2.03 version and can't load anymore previous saves. At least, ship modules are still intact.

Is there any way to fix this? I really hope that this won't happen anymore in the future!

EDIT: I think it is because Orbital Fleet Manager has been permanently deleted and this is causing a game crash when I attempt to load an old savegame. Quite a bad idea, imho. Even if I apreciate that logistics are automatically calculated even for ships orbiting around planets, I would have been much more happy with a new building rather than an empty slot which is causing those crashes.

Also, I have to tell that my game manual has NOT been updated with version 2.03, in fact there is no track of the new starting options to customize galaxy, as the Extreme planets and Events frequency.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001765   Page Render Time: