Earth Empire, Sol, Earth
The emperor was walking trough a hallway. As he woke up he though this would be just another day. Taking a look at the casualty reports, fighting with admirals about fleet deployments, making negotiations with Arcean empire with hopes for support and discussing tactics with admiral Smith... If only he would still be there. The emperor raised his hand and looked towards hi's handheld microcomputer, October 21, 09:11. The day we practicly lost our empire.
He pushed the doors in front of him away and entered a conference room. No one but the table, chairs and holo-projector in the middle of the table. He quickly took his seat at the end of the room. The projector activated and in the empty chairs around the table, now there were a small number of admirals and ministers seating.
- My emperor, it's good that you arrived at a such a short notice.
Emperor started to tapping hi's fingers on the table, the war with the Daleks had quickly sapped him from any feelings for small talk.
- Get to the point Williams. How many ships did we loose to this... "Solar Killer" of the Daleks?
- Our scouts returned around twenty minutes ago... The whole solar system had been destroyed, only rubble had remained. There was no high amount of radiation, no remains of a sun or any remains of our col...
- Get to the point. How many of our vessels escaped this disaster.
Emperor immediatly stopped tapping his fingers, while his face was turning red.
-Excuse me? Are you, admiral Williams stating to me that none of our vessels from seven fleets didn't escape. NONE OF THEM?
Williams was starting to sweat around his forehead and started babbling.
- Ye... Yes, emperor. From o... our scouts we know that none escaped the destruction. B... But that's not evr...
- God dammet, can someone around here give me a straight answer around here!
Ryyan Speer, the Minister of War Communication stood up in all of hi's holo might.
- My emperor. Ten minutes ago, a anarchist faction released the video footage captured by the scouts and transmitted it across the empire... I just received a report that Calceus system near Arcean border is in a state of panic and we have lost contact with it. I also have received calls from our garrison forces across the empire, my emperor the population is turning against the war effort!
Emperor now stood up himself and hitted his fist at the table.
- SO NOT ONLY IS MY EMPIRE AT A STATE OF PANIC, BUT WE WOULD ALSO HAVE A SECURITY BREACH AND A TERRORIST REBEL GROUP IN OUR HANDS!
Emperor started to walk to the door, keeping hi's composure.
- My emperor, what are we supposed to do?
He stopped walking and stood still for a few seconds.
- Williams, prepare the closest reserve fleet near Calceus system, I'm taking control of the situation. From now one I want all important transmissions to be sendet by fast scouts vessels, if some rebels can hack our systems then by god I wouldn't want to believe what the Daleks can do. Ryyan, I want you back here at Earth and do everything you can to keep it as stable as possible. That's double for you Williams, starbase Sol is in it's latest stages and I want you to take control of our garrison. Gentleman, I want my empire at my grasp again!
Dalek Empire, Skaro
Dalek Supreme watched from the viewscreen as the emperor of the Earth Empire fled from the conference room. It's soulless eyestick was motionless as it was analyzing the usefull information he could exctract from this meeting. The large doors behind him opened and a Dalek soldier appeared from the darkness.
- You called, Dalek Supreme?
- Yes, it would appear that the human emperor has fled from hi's empire.
- Indeed, with him out of Earth, our fleet can move with ease.
- Is our force ready?
- It is.
-Excellent! With our fleet in position, Earth will finally fall to the hands of the Daleks. For almost a hundred years, humans have resisted us. They had defeated us time and time again, BUT FINALLY WE WILL HAVE OUR REVENGE! VICTORY TO THE DALEKS IS ASSURED!
- VICTORY TO THE DALEKS!
- VICTORY TO THE DA...
Suddenly the viewscreen right next to the Dalek Supreme started to glow in blue and started to bleep in a alarm like fashion.
-What is wrong? Explain!
- It would appear one of our agents has located an unusual source of temporal distortions.
- Earth, the "Starbase Sol".
Dalek Supreme was silent for a moment. A temporal distortion of that rare kind could only be used by very enchanced technology. Something even beyond them.
- Order the fleet to move out at once!
- I obey!