Weekend Impulse Sale!

Get a start on special deals for the weekend

By on December 11, 2008 10:34:22 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+574

Everyone likes a sale, right?  Well from December 11th to December  14th we have a HUGE sale going on in the Impulse Store!

It’s a chance to pickup some great games and software at an incredible discount.  Don’t forget you can also purchase a gift for someone else, and they can download via Impulse, and do not have to wait for a package to arrive.

17 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 12, 2008 1:31:29 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Space Rangers 2 with expansion for only 4 bucks?
Sign me up

December 12, 2008 3:47:27 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

PM2008 for $4.... I don't think I can argue with that either... Once I get home...

December 12, 2008 4:42:05 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Why would anyone play GalCiv I today when we have GalCiv II TA, except out of curiousity to see how far the game has come along since that release. Stardock should offer it as a free download to those who purchase the digital download of GalCiv II TA.

December 13, 2008 2:15:21 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I have a few questions and comments:

• Supreme Commander: The price discount only applies to the original game, and not the expansion, or gold edition set?
  • Bug with order: I decided to test the previous question and found something weird. When selecting Supreme Commander gold, I got the price for the set, but where the expansion listed $0.00, the original game had that scratched out and replaced with the discount price. As such, I'm expecting to pay MORE during this discount time using that method, than what I would normally would. Could you look into this?
  • GalCiv 1 Ultimate Edition: The discount only seems to apply to the digital download only. If I were to order a disc, it would cost me the full normal price. Is this intential?
December 13, 2008 5:03:10 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting Mascrinthus,
Why would anyone play GalCiv I today when we have GalCiv II TA, except out of curiousity to see how far the game has come along since that release.

GalCiv 1 is a completely different game in many respects. I still play it from time to time.

But Space Rangers 2 for $4? Guess Santa came early this year!

December 13, 2008 7:25:27 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting DivineWrath,

GalCiv 1 Ultimate Edition: The discount only seems to apply to the digital download only. If I were to order a disc, it would cost me the full normal price. Is this intential?

I am confident it is intentional, it is clear they want to do large number of small sells. The amount of work to ship a $50 game is the same a for a $4 game, therefore doing a large number of small sells would mean a lot of work for the employees...

... unless there is no human involved, which is the case with digital downloads.

However, if you buy a digital download you can buy a disc at a much reduced price afterwards, so I think it may still be possible to get a disc at a reduced price.

December 13, 2008 8:37:46 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

If I purchase World of Goo from Impuse... is there anyway to get the Linux version?

December 13, 2008 10:05:05 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I would buy the expansion bundle for Gal Civ2 if they droped the price...  40+ bucks is way too much.  How about 25 or 30?

But then again, they may have droped the price on the main game so people would buy the expansion pack bundle for full price...   Sneaky.. S.O.P. for a business

December 14, 2008 5:19:56 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I picked up Space Rangers and Political Machine for like, $7!

Awesome!

It'll give me something to do during the eternal wait for the Sins:Entrenchment beta to start.

Not being a huge fan of politics, I picked up The Political Machine out of curiosity, and it turned out to be really fun... I think. I haven't gotten to play it yet, because I started it up and my wife took one look at the candidate generator and started playing. She won, too!

Allie for president, '08! Her campaign slogan was "Don't bleed on my boots."

December 14, 2008 2:40:29 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

One odditiy:

The cart showed 2.98 € for spacerangers 2 complete but when checking out with paypayl i still payed 3.99$. (which was 3.07€ with paypals exchange rate, so no real difference)

December 14, 2008 10:45:59 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Supreme Commander - $9.99

$10 to get the game -- and $110 to get the video card to play it.

December 16, 2008 2:14:01 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Space Rangers 2 comes up with 29,17 € for me, what's that for an exchange rate?

December 16, 2008 5:34:19 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting WeissNix,
Space Rangers 2 comes up with 29,17 € for me, what's that for an exchange rate?

(Weekend's over?)

December 16, 2008 11:40:56 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Yes, as in the top post, the sale ended the 14th.

December 17, 2008 12:36:17 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

GalCiv 1 is a completely different game in many respects. I still play it from time to time.

So in what ways is GalCiv 1 different from GalCiv 2 other than the many improvement in GalCiv 2 (user designed ships, race unique tech trees, super abilities, modding, graphics, etc.) ?

December 17, 2008 12:55:39 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

The economy was completely different.   The PQ of a planet affected everything:  the productivity, the taxes.....    If your PQ was below a certain level, you made zero taxes off the planet, so everything you spent was deficit.  Some planets you could still colonize, but you had to terraform it to above that acceptable PQ before anything useful would come of it.  If you found a PQ26, that truly was heaven.  No asteroids (that was DA).  Less races--I think it was the Drengin, the Yor, the Altarians, the Terrans, the Arcaeans, the Torians.   Before the Altarian Prophecy expansion, there were no campaigns, only sandbox.

December 17, 2008 1:08:57 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

From what I have read in GalCiv 1, victory was determined by who could get to the larger more powerful ships first.  Those ships were predetermined (no ship builder) and you could only play as the humans.  I've been playing GalCiv 2 since Dec. 2005 and I've yet to try out all the new content of the expansions.  TA gaves us unique race tech trees so now each race truly does play much different from the others whether played by the AI or human.  This greatly added to the replayability of the game.  I haven't even gotten to any of the mods!  I think GalCiv II will remain on my hard drive for years to come.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000469   Page Render Time: