Galactic Civilizations II v2.01 released

Twilight gets more love

By on November 25, 2008 7:27:13 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1078

We released Galactic Civilizations II v2.01 today which adds some improved computer AI updates, economic balancing improvements and fixes some crashes we introduced in v2.0.

You can download thew new version from Impulse.

Download: GalCiv II: Twilight of the Arnor v2.01

26 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 26, 2008 8:58:43 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

LOL the last picture.

November 26, 2008 10:26:09 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Aren't the Yor so snuggly?   If only they could figure out the reason why I smacked down a Miltary SB right in the middle of 2 of their systems.  It ain't to extend my Life Support.  Well okay, it is, but...that's not the point...

November 26, 2008 8:51:47 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

...annihalation is. At least in a civic way. =^^=

Query. does downloading this invalidate my current v2.00 games I have going? One custom game and a campaign I was trying out. Need to know before all my hard starbase instalation work goes up in plasma here. =oo=

November 26, 2008 9:30:04 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

GaianKnight, the safest answer is to complete any existing game before loading the newest update.

Having said that, I have never had a problem doing an upgrade mid-game with any of my games in the past, but some people have.  If you update to 2.01, you should be able to continue without any issues.  The sure answer to protect your current game is to wait until you finish, if you upgrade during the game you do so at your own risk.

November 26, 2008 11:41:20 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Hmm, might be awhile then since I'm still in the early-late phase of the same, all the planets just about filled out and all.

What exactly were the 'bugs' then, just in case I encounter one that forces my hand and DL the update? At least something to enlighten instead of waiting for a... 'WHAT THA!?" ...thang. =^^=

EDIT: Oh, and the Yor already started a war on the Altarians in my game. Go fig. =--=;;;

November 27, 2008 12:17:13 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
November 27, 2008 1:07:04 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Gotta love these small tweaks and constant updates - if anything it proves that SD cares enough about our precious game to perfect it beyond 'some' limits (yours or ours, btw!).

November 28, 2008 12:30:57 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I'm about to play a game right now of it. 

I have to say, I'm really happy with v2.01.  The pacing just seems really good.  I'm still looking at the different AI players to see how they can be improved further.

November 28, 2008 6:04:40 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Installing 2.01 didn't hurt my 2.00 game, good news to tell so far. Probably won't see the changes in my 2.00 game, but at least there's no CTD here.

November 28, 2008 6:17:54 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
I'm about to play a game right now of it. 

I have to say, I'm really happy with v2.01.  The pacing just seems really good.  I'm still looking at the different AI players to see how they can be improved further.

Just as a rather obvious AI flaw I was noting the other day that I would think would be an easy fix -

I've noticed that when either AI's or I capture a planet, it kicks in auto-upgrades, with one obvious mistake that I fix immediately and the AI doesn't. When a human captures a planet and starts auto upgrading tiles, the first thing you do is move the industrial upgrades to the top of the queue.

The AI doesn't seem to - I constantly see an AI capture a planet and start uprading labs to discovery spheres or something, *then* way down in queue start upgrading the industrial resources that would make upgrading the first twenty items take twenty turns instead of two hundred.

Jonnan

November 30, 2008 9:46:57 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

This is the first time this has happened on any of my updates - but 2.01 does not show up on impulse under my games- I had no problem with 2.0 update or the 1.1 for Sins- any help would be appreciated-thanks for the work Stardock

January 5, 2009 7:22:21 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Under "My Games" tab in Impulse, I don't see GalCiv2. I bought the GalCiv2 Ultimate Edition from a retail store. My Sins of a Solar Empire shows up fine, though. Help? Thanks.

January 18, 2009 1:35:13 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I have recently purchased endless universe and have installed impulse but it wont regster my game or let me update it is there a manual update link for the patch as it is really beginning to annoy me trying to find it?

January 19, 2009 11:58:09 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

GC2EU should be able to be registered in Impulse. Is it missing from the list there or are you getting some error?

January 19, 2009 5:02:04 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Hi kyro i couldnt find it in the list but my computer was effexted with lots of spyware and viruses ive reinstalled windows and i am going to give it a go in a minute ill let you know how i get on

January 19, 2009 5:05:17 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Hi kyro its all working fine now sorry for the post it was my windows setup, thanks for the reply

February 26, 2009 1:32:09 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I dont want to install 3rd party software impulse in order to get the latest version galciv 2.01. Does anyone know where I can get a legal download from stardock without having to install impulse. Stardock central won't provide the latest patch.

February 26, 2009 5:07:02 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Nope. Not possible. Install Impulse or play forever with the build you have.

It really is not an intrusive program at all. I turn auto start off and then only ever see impulse when i update a program. Shut it down when your done and it's gone. I wouldn't really consider it 3rd party.

And besides, it takes up stuff all HDD space so unless you have a less thana 40GB HDD i see no good reason why not to install it.

If you have been happy to have SDC installed in the past whats the difference with Impulse?

April 26, 2009 10:03:23 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Yeah, just install it. Impulse is a pretty neat program actually. I'm happy to use it for patches, though I love buying games on disk, so that's the only reason I use it.

June 27, 2009 4:41:22 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Are the 2.0+ updates still Impulse-only?  Because that kind of prevents GalCiv2 owners who run Linux from enjoying the updates.  Stardock Central, last I checked, didn't have the updates.  Which makes me sad.   I've supported Stardock.  I bought GalCiv2 and both expansion packs.  Can't I at least get the fancy new updates?

June 29, 2009 7:44:26 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Yes, use Windows and Impulse.

The updates will always be Impulse only....

June 30, 2009 8:38:19 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I see no reason Stardock Central can't get the updates.

July 6, 2009 4:42:17 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I do.  It's a product they are trying to phase out.

However, you fall into a niche they didn't support on their new product.  Due to the IE7 requirement for Impulse...

I agree with Neilo...give in and join the dark side.

July 11, 2009 3:07:14 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Okay, if I were to run Impulse to download the games and the 2.01 update, could I then copy the files to Wine (assuming I have the games already set up using Stardock Central)?

I've more or less moved Windows XP to a virtual machine, so I really have no more Windows to boot.  At least none that I can play the game with.  (Though VirtualBox did recently add 3D hardware acceleration.)  But I could at least install the games on the VM.

February 6, 2010 3:14:09 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Impulse only offers patch 1.53 for my EU version. Any other chance to update to 2.01 ??

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000515   Page Render Time: