cheats enabling

By on July 4, 2008 6:41:05 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

martian0412

Join Date 07/2008
how do i get the cheats to be enabled? could someone possibly walk me throught step by step? i like to get to the credits so that i can buy things. thanks
26 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 4, 2008 6:47:32 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Go to the desktop icon for TA, copy and paste another one into the desktop

In the new one, right click, go to properties, and in the shortcut box replace the target line with:

"C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Twilight\GC2TwilightOfTheArnor.exe" cheat

(include the quotes as shown)

Your then good to go

Regards
Zy
August 18, 2008 1:48:39 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Ok.
And, if y have Dark Avatar, go there and in the shortcut box replace the target line with:

"C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar\GC2DarkAvatar.exe cheat"

All that’s left for you to do is to use the following key combinations during gameplay:

CTRL + A - Upgrade Selected Ship
CTRL + B - Add Battleship (rock on!)
CTRL + C - Clone Selected Ship
CTRL + H - Heal Selected Ship
CTRL + J - Complete Social Projects
CTRL + L - Assigns Remaining Planets to Major Races (how thoughtful of you)
CTRL + M - Add 10,000bc to your treasury
CTRL + N - Restart on New Map with New Race
CTRL + P - Adds 1 to Selected Planet Class
CTRL + R - Research Current Tech (hold SHIFT for all of them)
CTRL + S - Save
CTRL + T - Teleport Selected Ship to Cursor
CTRL + U - Call United Planets Meeting
CTRL + V - United Planets Meeting
CTRL + SHIFT + B - Spawn Different Star Bases
CTRL + SHIFT + D - Spawn a Minor Race
CTRL + SHIFT + J - Completes Other Race's Projects
CTRL + SHIFT + M - Change Alignment
CTRL + SHIFT + T - Hail Yourself
CTRL + SHIFT + X - Report

To hail the Major Races use the CTRL key and a number from 0 to 9.

Regards
March 26, 2009 11:20:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

ok i have the ultimate pack and im running windows vista 64 how do i enable the cheats on it cus im getting my but kicked in campain mode i bust my but to learn tech and every levle tha tfollows ihave to relarn all the same techs its retarted how is it someone cna unlearn all the tech they had from one mission to the next and im running it on cakewalk

March 27, 2009 9:11:11 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Although I am not familiar with the ultimate edition, it should go something like this:

Go into your "My Programs" or "Program Files" folder (I think it's program files for Vista but am to lazy to go downstairs & check. It's wherever the data for all of your programs is stored) and open the "stardock games" folder. Go into whatever one has the files for GC2 (If you have no other Stardock games it will be the only folder) and look for the icon that starts the game. Note that this is NOT the one that brings up the auto-launch window! Right click on it, select "create shortcut" and move the shortcut to someplace convenient. Finally, rightclick it, open properties, and add "cheat" as shown above.

April 24, 2009 9:49:24 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

the cheats don't seem to work anymore in version 2.02

nvm that only counts for Twilight of Arnor

April 24, 2009 4:04:18 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I noticed. Think they changed the keymap. The monety cheat still works, though.

July 29, 2009 4:44:43 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I get an error that the file path isn't valid when I copy and paste.

July 29, 2009 9:02:33 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

You need to click "create shortcut". This will cause the shortcut to appear, then drag and drop it to the desktop.

July 29, 2009 9:08:47 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

To enable cheats, simply vote them into office.

September 25, 2009 9:10:54 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

do the cheats work in a normal non campaign game?

November 2, 2009 8:47:47 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

do the cheats work in a normal non campaign game?
Yes. The only place you can't use them is on the Metaverse.

January 10, 2010 6:22:08 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

My game keeps crashing for some reason? i read this post yesterday and proceeded to follow the instructions. which worked. thx guys! but today it seems that i cant play!! It will only allow me to play without cheats.  What happens is when i load a game i try to exit the world i'm in then it crashes giving me "an unexpected error" message PLZ help!!

April 17, 2010 12:57:38 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I use windows xp, and all of what you said will not workm simply because My pc keeps saying that it is not valid. so unless you have another way to do itm or if you can give a detailed explanation for me about how to do this with XP home on GC2 DL I would much appreciate it 

April 18, 2010 9:39:11 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I'm running cheats perfectly fine on my XP.... screw around with the spacing and quotation marks in the target box: that should resolve the problem.

My game keeps crashing for some reason? i read this post yesterday and proceeded to follow the instructions. which worked. thx guys! but today it seems that i cant play!! It will only allow me to play without cheats. What happens is when i load a game i try to exit the world i'm in then it crashes giving me "an unexpected error" message PLZ help!!
I'm assuming this has something to do with trying to load a game that does not have cheats enabled when you have enabled them. But without more info I can't say for certain.

November 14, 2010 7:47:51 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Cool cheats!

May 29, 2011 2:52:16 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I can't get the target thing to work either

May 29, 2011 9:05:08 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Are you pointing it at the correct .exe file?

June 24, 2011 1:47:09 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I'm having the same problem, can't get the cheats to work. if it helps this is what I'm updating "C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock Games\GalCiv2Ultimate\GC2Launch.exe"cheat

June 24, 2011 6:56:56 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Your shortcut needs to point at GalCiv2.exe, GC2DarkAvatar.exe, or GC2TwilightOfTheArnor.exe, not the launcher.

July 2, 2011 9:10:15 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Hey FuzzyWuzzyAllaince, same here. I can't play a single scenario, my game crashes towards playing the scenarios only actually. and I need help with the Twilight of the Arnor campaign, the mission where you wipe out the yor in the quadrant, I made a post about that called HELP!. Can someone help, and when I do mess with the "Twilight arnor" thingy the exe. tlg wut ever the thing is called, it says I have to access a program also, is the program safe? What does it do? Can you answer all my problems and questions on here? Sorry I talk too much. But it doesnt crash when I use cheats.

July 7, 2011 12:29:26 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I need help, [ like that ain't new ], i'm putting cheats in it, it ain't crashing, just no cheat will work, I got the ultimate edition, i'm putting the cheat word in properties after the " "Galciv2 ultimate editon" cheat" thing. not including the outside quotes. I'm difficult to understand PC stuff so can you so it to a noob like me. Plz and thx.

July 7, 2011 5:39:41 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

The Target line in the shortcut properties should be as described in the first replies on this thread (adjusted accordingly if you installed the game in a different folder). You shouldn't be trying to put the cheat parameter on anything but the Target line, and make sure that it is pointing at the actual game (as above) and not at the launcher as well.

July 8, 2011 3:48:52 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Yeah the target line thats what I was talking about, but still won't do it.

Target: "C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\Galactic Civilizations II - Ultimate Edition\GC2Launch.exe" cheat

Target Location:Galactic Civilizations II - Ultimate Edition

So whats the problem? Or do I need to show you more or something else, i'm just not getting what your saying thats all, i'm not a CPU geek, or old enough to be in college.

July 8, 2011 5:47:28 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

As I said, your shortcut must be pointing at the game itself and not the launcher.

Quoting 1kingbarton,
Target: "C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\Galactic Civilizations II - Ultimate Edition\GC2Launch.exe" cheat

Should be:

Target: "C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\Galactic Civilizations II - Ultimate Edition\Twilight\GC2TwilightOfTheArnor.exe" cheat

July 12, 2011 11:51:06 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Thanks kryo. Sorry for being such a newb, i'm playing edgeworld on facebook and i'm getting hated in the game, but I can't stop playing, people want me to stay also, I just don't know what to do.

[EDIT]

Check page 2 PLZ.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time: