Can anybody really like this? It sucks, I meen with this burning space fleets it's like for 8-11 years boys and girls game...
From what I've read so far, this game suits your age range!
I'll give you a small list of 'unrealistic' things before I brush my teeth and go to bed:
1) Sound cannot travel in vacuum. This game should have absolutely no sound other than those people talking over a radio, and the music.
2) Did you happen to look at how the planets are arranged around the sun, not to mention how many there are?
3) Planets are static. I feel the need to explain this to you further: the planets do not revolve around the sun like real planets do.
4) There is no such thing as a phase jump. Again, I feel the need to explain this to you: I am not saying it is not possible, I am saying it does not exist in reality yet so therefore it is unrealistic.
5) Weaponized lasers are not realistic (for the same reason stated in number 4).
6) Force shields are not realistic, again for the same reason. Scratch that, every unit in the game is not realistic.
7) Real planets are not that close to each other.
8) One cannot simply colonise a planet in a minute after dropping a hundred nuclear bombs all over it. Heck, nobody can colonise planets that easily and as fast.
9) I'm probably one of the few who noticed the quirks of visiting distant planets that support life: diseases. Micro-organisms will 'pwn' your butt eventually as soon as you set foot on their soil and breathe their air. The only movie that got this right is War of the Worlds, as crap a movie as it is.
10) I have not tried jumping from a star to another yet, but based on the distance between planets, I dare say real stars are much farther apart than it is in the game.
There you go little Johnny, 10 things to think about when mum tucks you in bed.
*sings* ...what you give, you get back...