Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor is here!

And so it begins...

By on April 30, 2008 2:11:01 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1078

clip_image002

Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor has been released!

Stardock is pleased to announce the general availability of the second (and final) expansion pack to Galactic Civilizations II.  The new expansion pack, Twilight of the Arnor, adds hundreds of new features, gives each civilization a unique technology tree, a unique set of planetary improvements, star base modules, ship parts, and more. 

Moreover, with Twilight of the Arnor, Stardock went back and revamped the graphics for the game to bring them up to the state of the art.  A new sound track has also been added along with updates to the computer AI.  It also reintroduces the Terror Star, the ultimate weapon last seen in the original Galactic Civilizations as well as a new victory condition called Ascension. Online tournaments have also been added to allow people to compete at playing the same map and scenario and submit their scores to the GalCiv metaverse.

The expansion also includes the conclusion to the Dread Lords saga in the form of the Twilight of the Arnor campaign. 

And finally, to keep the game evolving for years to come, Stardock includes a half dozen newly developed editors that will help modders and end users alike such as a map editor, scenario editor, campaign editor, tech editor, ship component editor, and much more.

The expansion pack is $29.95.  It requires the previous expansion (Dark Avatar) to also be installed. New players can purchase the integrated "Ultimate Bundle" for $59.95 and get the entire Galactic Civilizations II saga.

[Get it now!]

[Get more information]

64 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 30, 2008 2:22:43 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Please define "here", as it is not available via Stardock Central. Later tonight perhaps?
April 30, 2008 2:32:00 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
It is here. Uncheck your "Show pre-release versions", go into Tools/Settings, Internet and choose Server US1. Then "Refresh XML" Data and OK. It should be there. Version 1.90.018. That's what I got. Good luck and...
WooT!
April 30, 2008 2:33:00 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
cheers!
April 30, 2008 2:33:14 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
IT IS HERE!
April 30, 2008 2:34:19 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
I'm seeing version 0.99[rc].016 on Stardock Central. And it seems to be stuck in a loop downloading, I ran SDC and the autoupdater asked if I wanted to update so I said no then went and manually updated Gal Civ II to version 1.50.135 to 136 and that went ok. Then I tried to update Arnor but at soon as the download finished it would begin again. Let this go for three times. Restarted SDC and began the download of Arnor again and chose to autoupdate this time and its still looping. Suxors. Guess I'll try the usual refreshing the xml and stuff.
April 30, 2008 2:34:37 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
'So it begins...'

Lol reminds me of B5.
April 30, 2008 2:35:30 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
I downloaded it off of Impulse already. Haven't checked SDC yet. But it should be there too.
April 30, 2008 2:37:58 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
It is there. Disabled show pre release and it appears in all it's glory and magnificence.
April 30, 2008 2:38:07 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
It's there. Folks just need to uncheck the show beta checkbox in SDC. And maybe update the XML data.

Argh, late to the party.

-HM
April 30, 2008 2:40:58 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Sad we cannot play multiplayer
April 30, 2008 2:45:33 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Advertising for Impulse already? It did have it before SDCentral when I checked, but I'm downloading it from there.
April 30, 2008 2:46:50 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
It's Out!!!!!!!!!!!!! There Is A God
April 30, 2008 3:00:30 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Yea, the SDC backend is just primitive compared to Impulse. It'll be nice when we can switch it over completel. If you have SDC, make sure you have show pre release turned off.
April 30, 2008 3:13:15 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Can i ask when a CD version will be available?

I dont mind downloading it but I like having a CD copy...
April 30, 2008 3:15:19 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

!!!
April 30, 2008 3:23:07 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Can i ask when a CD version will be available?I dont mind downloading it but I like having a CD copy...

Ignore me im a diddy. LOL.
April 30, 2008 3:31:47 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
It'll be nice then when Impulse gets of its big beta behind, if it's that much advanced than SDC
April 30, 2008 4:56:46 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Much better then before but still full of bugs:
http://forums.galciv2.com/310284

and thats in first 1/2 hour of playing
April 30, 2008 5:05:28 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
I ordered the CD version... ahh hope it comes today... or tomorrow after work would be nice. But I live in Kalamazoo MI... hopefully doesn't take longer then that.
April 30, 2008 5:21:49 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Will we get some cover art to download and print like was available with DA? This would be nice.
April 30, 2008 6:13:36 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Just wondering, but is it supposed to charge a total of $20 for shipping and handling for the digital download + cd? It seems like it should be $40 total instead of $50. Is that an error or is it intentional?

And yes, I paid and am downloading it right now.
April 30, 2008 6:36:07 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Hmm i just assumed the 20 dollars was a distance calculation? Like when I tried it said 20 dollars cos I am in the UK.

Is it 20 dollars no matter what that? That seems a hell of a lot for delivery - even by Rip-Off Britain standards its steep...
April 30, 2008 6:55:26 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
I ordered the CD version... ahh hope it comes today... or tomorrow after work would be nice. But I live in Kalamazoo MI... hopefully doesn't take longer then that.

It's going to take about two weeks before shipping starts:

http://forums.galciv2.com/310280

-HM
April 30, 2008 6:58:22 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Cool!

But one question...where can I find the editors? I got it via digital download, and I can't find any of the editors anywhere.
April 30, 2008 7:07:23 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
By Poseidon's fist! Excellent!

Since the economy is having a little trouble right now, and I'm just starting to really feel the pressure, I won't be able to purchase this right away. However, as soon as I've got a better hold on things, you can expect this to be at the top of my list of things I must get!

Keep up the good work. I can't wait to finally finish off my Galactic Civilizations collection. After that, I'll be interested to see what you come up with next.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000516   Page Render Time: