RELEASE: Rav's Babylon 5 Mod (updated 5th December)

for Dark Avatar and Dread Lords

By on April 8, 2007 9:47:38 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

rav8

Join Date 11/2004
Disclaimer: Stardock does not endorse or support this mod. This thread has merely been stickied so users can more easily direct comments or questions to the authors of this modification.

This topic post will always contain current information.

GC2: Babylon 5
Beta v0.6.5

for Dark Avatar and Dread Lords

Eight major races and eight minor races, over 100 unique hull models.
Kindly hosted at The Galactic Core Mods Site.

Direct Download: 43MB exe
150 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 9, 2007 9:37:08 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
hi rav,

nice work thx thx thx!!!    

1 thing, i use dl and i can´t see the b5 ships in the main menue where you can choose your ship style. in the running game you have the b5 ships!

fuji
April 9, 2007 11:18:08 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
damn looks like filefront deleted it again, have to reupload when i get home..

dont understand, they keep media pack1 and the fix and the sound pack... but they take out my mpful
April 9, 2007 12:04:06 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

If you are looking for somewhere to host your mod please keep us in mind

We can host any mod and there is no upper limit on the file size!
April 9, 2007 3:35:28 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
1 thing, i use dl and i can´t see the b5 ships in the main menue where you can choose your ship style

In Dread Lords the B5 ship styles aren't selectable but they will work if you choose one of the B5 major races and ignore the ship styles in the appearance tab. From the readme:

* In Dark Avatar, fleets are divided in to selectable styles
* In Dread Lords, only pre-defined B5 races have access to B5 ships
April 10, 2007 9:32:48 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

EDIT- 4-10-07

WORKING MEDIA PACK FULL LINK- ENJOY

Music still(60mb) @ WWW Link
MEDIA PACK FULL(250mb)
WWW Link
April 11, 2007 2:14:01 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
There has to be some mistake, i just started a game using the earth alliance and i cant build colony ships !!!!!!!!!!

Im using DA
April 11, 2007 6:42:58 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Scratch that, i can build now colony ships; i had to delete the ships folder in my documents ( you should note this in the readme file ). But right now i have a different problem.

I researched until the large scale building and "hyperion" was supposed to show up; however i doesnt;

Il try a full reinstall of the game; hope that helps.
April 11, 2007 8:04:08 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Note:

i found the problem. the models in the gfx directory were named S54_blablabla when they should have been S40_blablabla.

Hope that helps anyone.

PS: there were a lot mor emodels missing or incorrect addressed, not just the hyperion. rav, i really think you should check out the models and their file names there were a lot of them missing!
April 12, 2007 2:21:46 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
I think you are overstating things a little but it does look like the Hyperion is bogus. Kept changing my mind about whether it should be a medium or large hull and forgot to fix all the references to the model. I will do a full audit and check all the naming as soon as I can.
April 12, 2007 4:35:18 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Sorry I couldn't get back to you earlier rav, but I was skiing over easter.
I've installed the beta 0.6 but didn't have much time to test it yet.
One thing that immediately hit me though is that this time there are only EIGHT majors, and that while some minors have vanished completely the Drazi, Brakiri and First Ones are now minors.
Is there any particular reason for that?
April 14, 2007 8:44:14 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
UPDATE: New file host, download link to 0.6.1 in topic post (naming fixes - thanks Nicky for the info).

The Brakiri and Drazi seem to me to be perfect examples of minor races so I demoted them. And having the Firstones as a major seemed a little too far from that authentic B5 feel. You can always make your own custom races - the portraits are still there.
April 14, 2007 9:03:11 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
I have a question. At least in 0.6, the Rangers were their own race. That just doesn't seem right to me, since they are just an organization. If anything they should be a minor race, IMO.
April 15, 2007 10:29:23 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Just finished my first B5 game, under 0.6 altho I am dling .61 now. All in all, very nice, it def gives the B5 feel. The invisible adds (weps/engines/etc.) def keeps the game true to form in terms of visuals altho it can be a pain designing ships as you can see what you have placed where.

Couple of comments:
- The Minbari battleship in my game is the Minbari War Frigate not the Sharlin class cruisers of the show. Basically Im saying you picked the wrong hull size by a factor of one class.
Links:
SHarlin http://www.shipschematics.net/b5/images/minbari/warcruiser_sharlin.jpg
War Frigate
http://www.shipschematics.net/b5/images/minbari/warfrigate_tinashi.jpg

Was this intentional?

Did your files impact the AI at all? For some reason the AI refused to research soldiering tech in my gam eon Tough, made the game incredibly easy as my 1b Tiny Hull troop transports were taking down 10b worlds.

Rangers should be a minor race imo, altho granted they had a fleet of ships capable of fighting a war with the Shadows whereas the PsiCorps had only a cruiser and a squadron of fighters.

Thanks for the mod, def one of my favs

April 16, 2007 7:53:42 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
I'm playing 0.61 and I never see any battles when my ships fight against Vorlon or Shadow vessels.

On the main map when you zoom in the space their ships/flees occupy does not show a graphic. And in actual battles all I see are my ships floating around and no shots are ever fired, I just see a results screen at the end.

Have I done something wrong or are they producing with the ship hulls that are invisible containers or something?
April 17, 2007 6:59:15 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Hello, first Thank you Rav8 and spaxspore for your awesome mods!
I'm playing the v0.6.1 B5 mod and it seems that some hull like anlashok colony/constructor or the fist medium capital ship(don't remember the name)are not showing up properly in the game (I can see the interior texturing of the ships ,and some parts seems to be missing(or invisible?)specially the upper parts of the ships)
Do you know what i'm talking about ? perhaps a video driver problem? other ships appears normaly and i don't know what to do .
Can someone help me?
thank anyway.

ps:sorry for my bad english.
April 19, 2007 7:40:52 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
The Brakiri and Drazi seem to me to be perfect examples of minor races so I demoted them. And having the Firstones as a major seemed a little too far from that authentic B5 feel.

I'm all with you on that. But now on the screen on which you can choose which majors to play against some of the original GC2 races appear named A, Y, O, R.
So in the next release you should probably take those out of the raceconfig.xml?

Oh, and is there something like a changelog for the various releases?
Would be nice to know what's different in 0.6.1 compared to 0.6.

April 20, 2007 3:11:35 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
one problem I am currently having with this mod is that I can play a game and everything is fine, but when I load a saved game none of the ships I was previously able to build show up. Wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions.
April 21, 2007 9:24:46 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Correction, the majority of races I play against their hulls aren't showing up on the galactic map or in the battles either.

I'm using an ATI Radeon 1900 XT 512MB graphics card and I think Catalyst 7.1 or 7.2 last I checked.

Didn't have this issue in the previous version I had played. Although I must say the Vorlons & Shadows are much more effective in expanding compared with before.

You've done a great job with this mod, just wish I could see the ships slugging it out now.
April 22, 2007 12:12:03 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
UPDATE: Beta 0.6.2 is now up, lots of minor fixes. If there are any invisible ships floating around please let me know (and also make it clear which version of GalCiv2 you are using and which mod directory you have selected).

The Rangers had their own (significant?) military - the Minbari Federation represents the warrior caste while the Anla'Shok represent the religious caste.

I will fix the Minbari fleet for the next release, thanks for picking that up Dracop.

There are texture issues with the Liandra, thanks for the info Poth. Should be easy to find a more compatible model. The FirstOne ships also look pretty ordinary at the moment, this is also something I plan to fix asap.

There is a little bit more info at the website, and more to come (a full changelog, hull stats etc).
April 22, 2007 11:00:18 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Hey Rav!

Thanks for putting an update out. I'm trying it out and I'll post here with the results.

Grandgnu
April 22, 2007 11:22:02 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Darn, still the same problem.

Just made contact with the Minbari. I can see one of their constructors using a hull that's visible on the map. But when I click on one of their planets their defender just has a blank/empty box in place of a graphic.

I think the AI is using those tiny/small/medium blank hulls or something instead of the nicely detailed B5 designs.

Is there something I need to do to fix this? Am I the only one experiencing this problem (i.e. is there anyone NOT having this issue)?
April 22, 2007 11:49:50 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Dang, I just updated to 0.6.2 and when I save a game, load it, and try to build a ship on one of my planets I am unable to do so because there isn't any graphics of ships that show up for me to build. However, when I start a new game I can see and build all of the ships I am supposed to be able to, so did I do something wrong? By the way I'm in DA ver. 1.59.078.
April 22, 2007 11:57:43 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Forgot to mention:

I'm using Dread Lords version 1.4 and the directory for the mod is C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Babylon5-062-DL
April 22, 2007 8:08:04 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
So Rav,

Are those invisible hulls really necessary for the game? Can't they just be removed? I don't understand their purpose?
April 23, 2007 2:47:51 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
(i.e. is there anyone NOT having this issue)?

Hope I am not the only one!

Played a full game of 0.6.2 using Dark Avatar and didn't have invisible ship problems. One bug I did run in to was the core ship designs becoming unavailable after lots of savegame reloads (but I was still able to build my own designs and make new ones, not sure what the go was).

Just checked 0.6.2 with Dread Lords and couldn't replicate the invisible ship issues, even with a few savegame reloads. By no means a thorough test, time for gc2 is hard to find during the week.

Does 0.6.2 work correctly for anyone except me?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Grandgnu, and anyone else with problems, all I can suggest for now is to try deleting the galciv2 folder from mydocuments. It will be ..My Documents\My Games\GalCiv2 for Dread Lords or ...My Documents\My Games\GC2DarkAvatar for Dark Avatar. Back up the folder before deleting it - especially if you have lots of complicated jewellery ships you don't want to lose!
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001203   Page Render Time: