Tell us what you'd like in Galactic Civilizations II: Dark Avatar 1.6!

We're at your command

By on March 8, 2007 11:59:51 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums External Link

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1078

We're extremely pleased to hear how much people seem to like the expansion pack (Dark Avatar) to Galactic Civilizations II. We're also glad that reviews have been so positive (average review score is about 4.75 stars out of 5).  But we're not finished yet! Tell us how we can make the game better for you.

For those of you who are new to buying Stardock software, the product you purchase is just the beginning of what you get. Stardock updates it software based on customer feedback.

In the case of Galactic Civilizations II: Dark Avatar we are lookoing for suggestions and feature requests that players would like to see in a free update.

Mind you, these can't be massive new features (i.e. "Multiplayer" or "Fleet combat") but rather little things that you think would make the game more enjoyable for you and others. Tweaks, new options, new features, improvements, etc.

Let us know what you'd like us to do. We are at your disposal!

437 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 9, 2007 6:19:08 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Miner points  
I don't think the space miner 'automate' function works too well. Miners shouldn't be able to target asteroids you haven't found yet, it makes no sense, constructors won't hunt down resources for you so why should miners. Maybe change the automate/upgrade function to only work within a small area, or at least only areas you've uncovered. Change ship priority to 'upgrade' not 'automate', forcing users to manually click on unexploited asteroids. It's been mentioned that originally mining was supposed to be allocatible to different aspects rather than just manufacturing. Possibly have option of mining going to economy rather than manufacturing. Can't see how you could explain away a research boost but a economic boost makes sense. Possibly some mechanism to accelerate mining station upgrading - using multiple miners or mining modules to decrease build time. You can focus build on planets and starbase building is instantaneous, why not give an option for faster mining station upgrades.

Definitely put in a repair bay function for starbases, I thought it was there since it mentions it in the manual, I just believed I'd never gotten that far in the tech tree.

Great game though.
March 9, 2007 6:28:31 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
be able to scroll the camera with the arrow keys without having to hold shift, and make it smooth like the mouse edge scrolling. basically camera scrolling like civ4.
March 9, 2007 7:15:39 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
A few points of interest from me:

1.) Restrict access to view techs, ships and planets from the diplomacy screen - making them visible only through spies and/or good relations. Never offer techs the AI determine are strategic regardless of relations.
2.) Don't provide help during negotiations by turning your offer green/red. Provide two or three tries before having the AI break off negotiations. Offer the color coding to be enabled once 'high' level of infiltration is reached or a 'close' relationship is formed.
3.) Some form of movement for starbases (albeit slow moving and expensive)
4.) repair module for military starbases
5.) permanent wormholes (random anomalies) that any ship can use to transport to the other side and back again.
6.) Queueing production, multiple rally path points for ships, and research queues similar to CivIV would all be improvements in the micromanagement details
7.) more space age 'terrain', such as black holes, impassable radiation/gases zones, supernovas - areas on the map that ships have to work around

Hopefully there are some ideas here to help you decide what can be implemented for 1.6. The previous posts offered a lot of good ideas as well.

My ultimate desire in this GC universe would be to eventually see the game map go 3D for a unique stragetic game perspective..........GCIII?

Really appreciate the labor of love attitude displayed by Brad and company! Wish more game developers had the same magic!
March 9, 2007 7:21:14 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
I like to see wormholes and a technology to use them for transport

March 9, 2007 7:23:00 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Increase the number of points custom races get (to 20/25). Let them spend racial points to get more points to spend on starting tech (so over the initial 200). Currently, you can make games easier by setting to play against all custom races, because they just don't cut it. Custom races already can't double up on bonuses (so can't get a +83% military production bonus like the Thalans can for instance), and they have less points overall than the stock races in total bonuses.

Great call - custom races are woeful in comparison to most of the pre-defined races. I'd also like to see the option to spend points to pick the type of starting system a custom race gets (so you can get a PQ15 like the Thalans, or a 10 & 8 like the Korx). This is a hidden advantage that makes a huge difference (the +10% to morale for homeworld being >PQ10 is massive early on).

Also, remove the artificial economy penalty at over 20K - or at least set it to a level that allows ship upgrading to happen with less micromanagement.

The "native ability" morale cap of +100% is also false (as negative effects from taxes or population can still exceed -100%), and renders morale resource starbases completely useless once you finish the morale tech tree and build a couple of the TGs.

Another option in the governor screen to redirect all ships of a certain type to a new rally point would be useful too.
March 9, 2007 7:26:52 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Let us rename the stars in-game! Everything else is renameable already...
Also, a button to automatically fine-tune the gold the AI will pay or offer in the trading window.

Regards,
Onuryn
March 9, 2007 7:41:11 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Great!

You are asking....that´fine!

1. As said above - please bring in the "repair bay thing" (as mentioned in the manual). Not only for Starbases but also for constructors AND Shipyards (everything can be upgraded on a planet, why not the shipyards?)

2. Enhanche HPs for Starbases (sure, a single starbase could not defend itself against a bunch of enemy ships, but it should "hold out" longer, aaaand should repair itself (reparbay) or should be repaired by constructors)

3. Well, i like the megaevents very much, but this "only 5parsecs thing" for THE REST of the game is really frustrating on huge or gigantic maps. This should be changed - maybe by research a tech to solve the problem, or by chossing wich megaevents are possible to come in.

4. As mentioned above - the AI should build (more) spaceminers. And, well, i could be wrong, but, in later games, if resource starbases of the AI-Races are destroyed, they don´t wanna rebuild their starbases?

5. GIVE US HEROES!!!!!!!!! (i know, this is probably too much for a patch  ) It would be really cool, to have Generals, Consultants and so on, and so on (like those folks in master of orion). And yes, if there are heroes, we should research rescuetechnics, if their fleet or ship is destroyed, to save them.

6. A diplomatic option like "give me this or that,or....we declare war"!

Thanks for listening to me - my english is terrible - but, i hope my two cents will help to make GC better. BTW, it IS veeeeeryyyy goooooooood!!

Jochen
March 9, 2007 7:46:17 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Mine are: -

1. Fix defence so it works correctly

2. Fleet ships in orbit from the start. I doubt onyl one ship would fight at a time if a planet was attacked!

3. Research starbase

4. Weapons and defence modules take up more room per ship class but are more effective. IE defence of a fighter requires 1 space as the fighter is small, whilst requiring 10 on a battleship etc.

5. More Mega events

However any new features would be welcomed!

March 9, 2007 7:51:28 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Just two things please:

a.) Make Starbases "moveable", pretty slow doesn't matter, the costs either - and more offensive power (autoattack, or attack possibilities in general) within their action radius (or Terrorstar-Tech as expensive as a technology victory for example) - self repair (option) would be an good idea - or via constructors...

b.) Make spy(ing)/agents more effective - don't know what they are actually good for... they always get nullified within two turns.... for example a lot of spying should give access to some quite powerful actions like "all ships are for 1-2 turns unable to move" or production/research is blocked for n-turns....
March 9, 2007 8:00:14 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Allow spies to be put on enemy starbases. Having a spy on a star base gives the following advantages:

1. You can see visually in the sensor range of the starbase
2. After xxx number of rounds, the spy can remove a starbase module of their choice.
March 9, 2007 8:06:10 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
A few points of interest from me:

1.) Restrict access to view techs, ships and planets from the diplomacy screen - making them visible only through spies and/or good relations. Never offer techs the AI determine are strategic regardless of relations.
2.) Don't provide help during negotiations by turning your offer green/red. Provide two or three tries before having the AI break off negotiations. Offer the color coding to be enabled once 'high' level of infiltration is reached or a 'close' relationship is formed.

7.) more space age 'terrain', such as black holes, impassable radiation/gases zones, supernovas - areas on the map that ships have to work around

I like hese suggestions for changing diplomacy. It always seemed like cheating to me when I open up a trade window just to see which kinds of weapons that race is developing.

#2 is even more interesting. Perhaps tading could be more like Offer--Response. Of course if you did that you'd have to add Request--Offer as well.

#7 I think would really give a lot more purpose to getting faster engines. While faster engines are always nice it's rare that my games include fast-paces races to the battle field. Usually when I attack it doesnt matter if it takes me 2 weeks or 5 weeks to get there.
March 9, 2007 8:09:12 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Here are my ideas

1) I make a lot of Custom Opponents, but the default music for all of them on the diplomacy screens are always the Terrans. This gets kind of tiring when you have the Evil Blargosplats and it plays the patriotic, happy music of the Terrans. When creating a Custom opponent you should be able to select which race's music is to play when interacting with that race (Dregin, Altarian etc.)

2) Wouldn't it be cool when you tell the computer to randomize your opponents that you could also randomize the personalities as well? Basically this takes the name and portrait of a race and randomly links it to some personality AI of either the stock races or one of the many, many custom races you created. Then you wouldn't know whether an AI was martial, good or martial until you crossed swords with them! Sure the default descriptions of them would be out of whack for this particular game, so be it! Just don't read it!

3) When I get close or friendly relations with someone I can pretty much ignore them until I am ready to invade them. There is no tension since I don't have to second guess their motives. If there is a bunch of warships moving near my territory and I am Friendly or Close with them ... no problem. It would be nice to have an option that would hide this status on the diplomacy screens so I could only guess the status by interacting with them (from their tone etc). Additionally it would be really cool if when this Hide Relations option was enabled when you spoke with them they talked in a neutral option. Perhaps they have to make a saving throw based on their intelligence level to determine whether their true feelings manifest in this diplomatic exchange.

4) I really like the UPC meetings, but find they happen too infrequently. It would be nice if their frequency was a game option (i.e. Monthly, Quarterly, Bi-Yearly, Yearly, Never).

5) Similar to (4) I think the frequency of Megaevents should be a selectable option.

6) Personally I find the Super Spy ability to be tremendously underpowered compared to the other races. You get a free tech that is not that expensive for others to research, start with one spy and can spend faster to get more spies (they still cost the same). I think this power needs to either allow the player to get spies at some sort of discount and/or have spy actions be more powerful (for example halving the time it takes to get general Espionage levels and doubling the chances of snagging tech).

7) Like I said before, I have a lot of fun making Custom Opponents (incidentally if you make lots like me you will need a lot more logos to keep the new Opponents distinct. There are many excellent Logos that people have kindly uploaded to the Library on this site). Anyway, I think there need to be negative abilities as well (for example -10 research for -2 ability points). I have done this anyway by directly editing the AbilityBonus.xml, but others might not want to do this using such a brute force method.

8) Correspondingly giving a Custom Opponent no Super ability should net double the normal ability points. To help keep races from turning into jack-of-all-trades there should be higher levels of positive abilities to choose from. Again I have done this by directly editing the AbilityBonus.xml, but to give extra points for those Custom Opponents with no super ability (eg. Research +70%) I need to directly edit the corresponding customracexml which is kind of a pain.

9) Does the Farm Sabotage expoit still work? I.e. you can in a single turn kill millions of enemies by dropping Spies on a farm or two. This can be devastating especially right before an invasion. This death rate should be gradual (for example 5% of the current overpopulation - the supporatble population/week)

10) Spore tech shouldn't be capturable. It is worth going to war with the Korath just to snag this tech since when you do you basically have two Super Abilities.

11) There should be some sort of in-game documentation on the different AI personalities. So I have created the Slimy BlechoSproks that are completely evil, super aggressive and are Super Breeders. Which AI personality should I pick to bring this race to life? The Altarians? Dregin? Torian? Generic? Beats me!

12) It would be awesome if there was an ingame option for the game to handle territory colours for AI opponents. Like I said, I make a LOT of Custom Opponents. It gets really hard to remember which colours you have picked to denote territory, and when two custom opponents are selected with the same colour or near colour things get downright confusing. Furthermore I don't really care WHAT colours the AI uses to mark territory provided it is easily distinguishable from the others.

13) Okay ... I play an arms dealer in most of my games, but when I am selling ships to the AI I only sell particular ships (i.e. not the ones that are on guard duty). So when I have a pile of ships to sell I have to get out the pen and paper and right down the list of Ship IDs so when I am in the diplomacy screen I know which ships to sell. It would be super SPIFFY if I could point at a ship and press a key which would then Mark this ship somehow (perhaps with Italics or something) in the diplomacy screen.
That is all I have right now ... anyone else?

Dano

March 9, 2007 8:26:49 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
There are two features I really miss from Civilization that wouldn't change the gameplay, which is great, much at all, but would make things a lot more convenient.

1) In diplomacy, to be able to ask what another race would offer for something, (and their initial offer doesn't necessarily have to be their best, but to get some idea instead of trying every permutation of possible trades)

2) To be able to trade some map information with other civs. When, particularly for a mission, you need to kill the Korath or somebody, it should be possible to find out their general location. I know there's a bit of this on the minimap filters, but it's kinda hard to use. On the last campaign mission, I spent forever trying to find them while the other civs went wild and I had no idea where I was going. Thanks!!
March 9, 2007 8:42:10 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
I could write a novel about the things I want to see in the game, but I'm going to try and keep it as simple as I can. I know some things are best left for sequels, lol. Here are some things I would like to see. Some have been mentioned before, but this increases the chance of them being spotted. =D

1) More Mega Events! (see below)

a) One I've been thinking about is a mysterious space-time event, that takes each of the sectors, and swaps it with another random sector elsewhere on the map, jumbling up the universe. The bigger the map, the more chaotic the effect!

For another, how about reviving all of the races that have been previously wiped out (maybe through some kind of time travel event). Give them each one of the class 0 worlds (which of course have been upgraded to class 26). - Or, perhaps alternatively, use a spare civilization slot to spawn a custom opponent from the player's collection. Give them a small empire by upgrading all of the class 0 worlds in one system to class 10.

2) Real areas of impassable terrain (cosmic storms, nebulae etc.). Asteroids are ok, but the asteroid fields are too small, and aren't impassable.

3) Real borders, and right of passage agreements.

4) Menu Option to choose which version of the title screen and title music you want on start up.

I'll try to cut this off here, but first I'd like to thank Brad for being brave enough to open this can of worms, lol.

March 9, 2007 8:42:11 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
My ideas:

1. Implemnt atleast the best of these UI enchantment ideas.

2. Make it easier to understand diplomacy deals. Add points or what ever after each tech/ship etc, something so trading is not a "quessing" game.

3. I would not mind only ONE starbase per sector. Even with the 4 SB limit per sector I find star base spamming annoying.

4. Do something about land combat!! Be it only graphical or a whole redesign of land combat, but something needs to be doned IMO.

5. Bring back hotkey SPACE BAR which moves all auto moves.

6. AI players should have even more unique playstyles.

7. Kill constructor micromanagement, make em more like miners.

8. Add some logos and portraits.

9. Formation selection for ship combat screen would be nice. Or atleast improve the camera modes IE. top down cameras zoon too far and so on.

10. Make UP matter

11. Ethical alligments should have own tech trees

12. Borders

13. More obstacles in space like nebulas, supernovas etc etc.

Well thats all I can think of right out of the box or how the saying goes. Please note that suggestions are hints for the sequal.
March 9, 2007 8:46:17 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
5) Oh yeah, sam0t just reminded me of this. Something to make constructing starbases less tedious. Constructor micromanagement is hell.
March 9, 2007 8:53:23 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
My personal favorites would be the following:

1) Repair bays

2) make gem warfare unstealable (i completly stopped playing with the korath all the gaes ended up being bacteriological armagedons)

3) have less anomalies at the begining of the game but have them respawn with time

4) Make a new influence building after cultural exchange center and downgrade a bit influence starbases so that influence victory be less dependant on starbases.

5) make the ai go for influence victory more often (it seems it never trys to win by influence but maybe it is just my game style that makes them unlikely to do this)

6) Don't provide help during negotiations by turning your offer green/red. Provide three tries before having the AI break off negotiations. Have the ai just say if it is nearly a deal or far from being a deal Offer the color coding to be enabled once 'high' level of infiltration is reached or a 'close' relationship is formed.

7) Be able to ask aliens to leave teritory, if not war is automatically declared. (don't know how that would work out for the ai but it would be a nice addition if the ai could use it right)

8) more diplomatic options like having the civ with the most influence able to propose a up treaty that could be chosen from a small list. The possibility to vote the end of treaties with permanent effects like the one week notice for war or trade limits for evil races.
March 9, 2007 8:58:33 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Well I think here's are a few ideas hat I would like to say

Ground Combat specific:

Possibly instead of just everything resolving in one battle I would wonder if the following system be implemented

When the invasion starts the land is divided into two parts, invaders and defenders, and per each week the number is rolled and for a certain amount of time battle is resolved (bonuses from the starting invasion will probably be negated following the subsequent rounds), depending on how the battle the territory changes and victory could be as followed

-When either army has gained the great majority of the land
-When either army has been exhausted

Also there could be the possibilities of allies sending in their own troops as reinforcements or enforcing your own troops with your own reinforcements.

The options that you choose before an invasion could instead be modules outfitted into the transport itself, also some penalties or advantages should be reduced if you use a tactic that the defender also has researched.

I think that during battle if the forces receive a significant loss of troops in one fight that some of the troops should have a chance to chicken out and flee the scene (reducing the army even more), possibly the Courage bonus could be used to prevent that and also to inspire the troops when it seems bleak to never give up without a fight. Also possibly a new tactic that could unnerve the enemy soilders and make them more likely to flee.

Make espionage able to gain a soildering bonus against the opposing forces since you possibly investigate force tactics, weapons and weaknesses (wait so coconut creme pies are actually very deadly against the Drengin)

Possibly in a lucky break one of the forces discovers some super weapon capable of annihilating the entire enemy force in one swoop (or if they don't know how to use it, they blow up on themselves and the defending force has a sweet little weapon to even the odds that could take an unused tile on the map... hey it happens in RPGs,) or they could wake up some powerful entities that annihilates both forces and takes the planet for itself (possibly with the +1% to stats per week thing too)

Others:

Maybe make PQ 0 planets something more than just space takers (I don't say that they should all serve a purpose and yes some should just be there to take up space but I believe there could be some use to them, possibly blow them up to reveal a resource or investigate certain planets to uncover bonuses)

Possibly certain tiles that could grant something if a certain biulding is put into it (specialized buildings of course, like lets say a digging site could uncover a bonus to social production to all your empire as long as you keep said biulding on it)

Repair bays sounds lovely

I really also feel that trading should not only be an economic boost to both and as a way to get the civs to be sweet with you but they could also impose a certain modifier to be more susceptible to your influence and be more willing to culture flip if it comes to that

A few new megaevents, here's a few that I would like to say

A certain civ has uncovered a capsule that contains an encrypted message from beyond this dimension, if the civ spends research time on the message they could immediately catapult themselves to a Tech Victory quicker than normal and without the prerequisite techs. Espionage could catch the message and prevent it from being ever found out... or they could relay the message to you. (Kinda reminds me on how the Tech Victory was won in GalCiv1 since part of it was that you found a message)

A huge explosion of popularity washes over the stuff brought from a certain civ and everyone is pawning their vital organs and souls to get it. Trade revenue is DRAMATICALLY increased and civs will want to trade with you, possibly applying a great diplomatic bonus)

Instead of the UP deciding on their problems at random or letting some more influential civ choose for them there should instead be a sort of raffle that lets the winning civ choose from certain categories (so it helps to have influence but it won't guarantee you anything)

I would say more... but I'd rather end it here for now ... and sorry if I repeat any ideas or if its already in place

March 9, 2007 8:58:51 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
My ideas:
7. Kill constructor micromanagement, make em more like miners.

forgot that one 

and maybe a revamp for good alignement might rebalance ethical alignements
March 9, 2007 8:58:57 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Widescreen support for the cutscenes and minor race profile pictures (everything else at 1440*900 seems to work fine).

AI should know a good deal when they see one. All my planets in exchange for 'advanced logistics' is a very good deal.

New events, mega events and race-specific attributes would be nice.

That's about all I can think of.

P.S. I think it's great that you guys give such strong support for your game and involve the fanbase. Too many companies just ship games out when they're 'good enough' and then forget about them.
March 9, 2007 9:12:09 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Thank you, Stardock, for asking us for input. This is the kind of thing that makes Stardock such a great company.

1. Constructors that work like miners (as in, they're not used up by building starbase modules). Modules could be more expensive to compensate, and maybe cost multiple turns to build.
2. Logistics and miniaturization as race picks.
3. 'Intercept' option for fleets. Fleet auto-attacks enemy ships that come within range, as long as the fleet has enough movement points left from last turn.
4. Race categories. A way to seperate my Star Trek races from my Star Wars races. That way, the list of computer opponents is less cluttered, and I'd be able to randomly pick Star Trek opponents without getting Drengin and Cylons mixed in.
5. Political borders (fixed range from colonies), which cannot be crossed by a non-ally without declaring war.
6. An option to distribute races evenly across the galaxy (or, like star distribution, a bunch of settings: exact symmetrical distribution, loose distribution, random distribution).
March 9, 2007 9:16:35 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
1) AI for tech trading to be revamped entirely- so AI-AI and AI-Human use the same rules. The current method is broken

2) Bugfixes

3) Make Planetary Defense worth the tile you spend on it. Suggestion- it negates invasion tactics

4) Decrease Starbase Costs, Add modules that improve HP that stack infinitely. Allow offensive modules to stack infinitely as well (both of these should be at an exponentially increasing cost)

5) Anomalies should respawn like they did in GC1

6) Keeping approval should require more then low taxes- make events that give a penalty or a bonus in some area at the cost of improving the success of another party in elections. Also falling behind in an area can increase other parties support as well.

7) War Exhaustion needs to be implemented to approval. The longer you're at war, your approval should go down- AI should recognize this in peace negotiations. AI should recognize more quickly when it is beaten. Player should not know that war has been declared on them until they're attacked.
March 9, 2007 9:19:43 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Some of my ideas will be similar to or repeats of some other ideas, but then we can see just how popular the idea is.

~ Wave Motion Gun, thought of that one before reading it. But i'm only kidding.

~ The added diplomacy ideas, many are very good,
a)to be able to close your borders except for treaties. which will add to your desire to build influence starbases.
b)be able to politely ask for AI opponenst to remove their ships from your territory or at least from X-parsecs from your starbases/ planets. (sorry to take an idea from an ancient game, but this concept is found in Civilizatin 2). This way they can't sit on your doorstep builing a war machine. You can call them on it... move or we have a fight NOW!.
c)i guess to basically have some significance to your area of control. the direction in which you expand will mean more too. encompass a weak enemy and then only you can take him down. or make AI ships traverse your territory to get around it.

~changes to trading mentioned above sound pretty good too. That is, that you offer something and the AI offers sometyhing back, and you decide if you want it. Diplomacy bonuses can still be in effect (the Ai will offer better things to you) but you cant do the trial-and-error approach. Of course you may want to be able to tell the AI what you are interested in... a treaty, techs, maybe a startbase for $$$. whatever.

~ok this might be too wacky,,, but a mega event, like a giant asteroid that doesnt destoy anything but its wake causes solar systems to get mixed up. so your empire can find itself scattered across the galaxy in little pockets.

~for the movement of starbases, maybe a Tow-ship can be used. and while the starbase is attched to it, its effectiveness is zero.
March 9, 2007 9:19:53 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Sorry, but i forget something:

1. I like to play my own custom race! Perhaps it would be a great goal to research a tech, wich gives your race (a)nother super ability! This has to be very expensive but is worth every research point! Isn´t it?

2. Give us more levels of miniaturisation! To quick, the toplevel is researched - i know, that it is a question of balancing, but i like it very much to search all the time to build up mightier ships.

O.k.! see you all!
Jochen
March 9, 2007 9:25:02 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Here are my ideas:

1)The option to design your own starbases and modules, because I play with a race with totally biological ships, but those technological looking starbases don't really fit to my race (some really biological looking ship parts would also be nice )

2)A research module for ships and research starbases, I would like to see something like that.

3)A lot more events (maybe one event where one of your planets splits off your empire and forms a new race, or one of the AI's planets)

4)The option to build something on moons like defense platforms, research station,...

5)Black holes, nebulaes, supernovas, wormholes, gas planets with habitable moons, habitable moons in general, more realistic sun systems (not all planets have the same distance from their sun), twin sun systems, planets should move around their sun (that would be a very cool new feature), etc. And the option to disable any of those things.

6)The option to say that a custom race is for instance an aquatic race, so they don't need to research the tech to colonize water worlds, but they need the tech to colonize the normal worlds.

7)Wouldn't low gravity planets be cool?

Maybe I have some more ideas later, after I played some galciv2 games .
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001547   Page Render Time: