Galactic Civilizations II: Known Issues / How to get support

Read this please

By on September 1, 2006 4:35:57 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1117

If you are having problems installing from the CD-ROMs, try copying the files from the CDs to your hard drive and then run the installation from your hard drive.  If you are having problems activating GalCiv2, please read this sticky post:

http://forums.galciv2.com/122873

If you have any other problems installing or activating GalCiv2 and you can't find an answer in a sticky post, please e-mail support@stardock.com

With all the hardware and configurations out there, it's inevitable that some people are going to run into a problem.  The most important thing to bear in mind that if something is happening for you, it may not be happening for anyone else. Our job is to do our best to make sure the game works perfectly for you.

When you have a problem, the best tools you have is the debug.err that is in the GalCiv2 directory. It will tell us virtually everything we need.  In addition, you can install Smart Exception from Stardock Central (see downloads section here) from the "free stuff" in Stardock Central. If you have that running and GalCiv II crashes or something, it will create a file that will tell us exactly where.

So that we're on the same page - the game should never crash on you. As far as we know, there are zero crash bugs in Galactic Civilizations II.

The first thing to always do is to make sure you have the latest version of the game.

#1 Game crashes immediately.

Happens to approximately 0.5% of users.

Most common cause: Running your desktop at below 1024x768 or running your desktop in 16-bit color.  This resolves 99% of users.  Check your debug.err and make sure you're not running at some really low resolution.

#2 Game crashes randomly while playing!

Happens to approximately 0.5% of users.

Most common cause: People with older video drivers. We weren't kidding, you MUST HAVE A RECENT (past year) set of video drivers. If you don't, the game will crash randomly. The readme says this. The stickies say this. We're not kidding around here. You must update your video drivers. Ignoring all that and running into the forum and saying "How could they ship this piece of #$@#!" is not going to update your video driver. You must update the video driver. 

Ex: If you're running the nvidia 81.95 drivers, update them to 81.98 or better.

You also absolutely must be running at 1024x768 or higher. That means both X and Y must be equal to or greater than those two numbers.

Next most common cause: People who have eliminated their page file or have a very small page file.  That's your virtual memory.  Check the debug.err and near the top it will say how much virtual memory you have allocated. If it's less than a gig (heck, nowadays you should have at least 2 gigs for virtual memory) then there's your problem. 

Next most common cause: Overheating. The game's 3D engine has no polygon count limit, no texture limit. It's designed so that even 2 years from now, you can with mods plug in advanced textures. Some modders have already put in ships from popular sci-fi movies that have over a million polygons and it works.  But it comes at a cost: Your video cards are fully utilized. And that can translate to heat.  This mostly affects people who have built their own machines and thrown in a powerful video card.  Version 1.0X (and later) support GPU throttling which should solve this.

Next most common cause: People with AMD64 Dual Core who haven't updated their chipset drivers. GO here, get your drivers, play game, have fun.

#3 You lose your mouse pointer

People with nVidia Geforce 6X series cards (for the most part) have reported this. We have yet to get it in our internal lab and it doesn't seem to be that wide spread but it's a real show stopper.  The solution is to use the hardware mouse cursor which is in the video options area of the game.

OTHER TIPS:

Read the stickies! Post your debug.err.  Or at the very least tell us what kind of computer you have (though debug.err will tell us all about your computer). 

For more troubleshooting tips, please read this sticky:

http://forums.galciv2.com/127231

586 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 23, 2008 5:00:07 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I've had my copy of GCII for few years now and every time I've installed I've had no issues up intil now.  It gives me an activation error 12, telling mt to make sure my information is correct (which I know it is). Impulse tells me that, for what ever reason, my code is no longer valid which throws me for a loop because I paid for the disks and NOWHERE did it stipulate that there was a time limit on my game. What's going on here?

August 25, 2008 10:55:42 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

because I paid for the disks and NOWHERE did it stipulate that there was a time limit on my game.

Don't worry, there isn't one. Contact support@stardock.com and they'll be able to figure out what's going on.

August 25, 2008 2:18:44 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

OK, this isnt a crash or anything i just didn't know where to post it. I recently upgraded to TA and the first time I opened it, it said that i needed to update my GalCiv II DL, i clicked OK and the game started up so I thought nothing of it, but when i started a new game, there were a bunch of blank techs and and ones that cost zero, the tech tree was all scrambled too, so i updated the game and the thech selection screen was still messed up, so i re-instaled the game, and its still all there! can some one please help?

August 25, 2008 2:22:26 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

And here is the DeBug, if you need it.

Debug Message: Version v1.5 last updated on: Thu Jan 11 13:39:19 2007 Debug Message: GalCiv2 is activated. Debug Message: Checking DX Version. Debug Message: *********DXDiag info follows.********* System Info Time: 8/22/2008, 12:56:51 DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904) Machine Name: FAMILY Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254) Languages: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: Dell Inc. System Model: Dell DM051 BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A05 Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.66GHz (2 CPUs) Physical Memory: 3070MB RAM Page File: 975MB used, 3980MB available Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS Display Info Display device 1: Device Name: \\.\DISPLAY1 Card Name: RADEON X600 256MB HyperMemory Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc. Chip Type: RADEON X600 (0x5B62) DAC Type: Internal DAC(400MHz) Key Device: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5B62&SUBSYS_06021002&REV_00 Display Memory: 256.0 MB Current Display Mode: 1280 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz) Monitor Name: Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Resolution: 1600,1200 Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6561 Driver Date: 8/4/2005 00:10:38 DirectX Acceleration Enabled: Yes Sound info Sound device 1: Description: Sound Blaster Audigy Default Sound Playback: Yes Default Voice Playback: Yes Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0007&SUBSYS_100A1102&REV_00 Manufacturer ID: 1 Product ID: 100 Driver Name: P17.sys Provider: CREATIVE Driver Version: 5.12.0001.0512 Driver Date: 7/7/2005 01:14:30 Type: WDM Other Drivers: Acceleration Level: 3 Cap Flags: 0 Min/Max Sample Rate: 0, 0 Debug Message: *********END dxdiag info.********* Debug Message: Entering WinMain Debug Message: ******* Starting Game Shell ******* Debug Message: Going Fullscreen Debug Message: Preparing to change display settings. Debug Message: Using multilsample setting: D3DMULTISAMPLE_4_SAMPLES Debug Message: Game Resolution: 1024 x 768 Debug Message: Running fullscreen. Debug Message: HAL (hw vp): RADEON X600 256MB HyperMemory Debug Message: D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_DEFAULT Debug Message: Refresh rate: 60 Debug Message: Bit Depth: 32 bit. Debug Message: *********Checking D3DDevice Caps*********************** Debug Message: A full-color cursor is supported in hardware at high resolution modes. Debug Message: RGB in format 6:6:6, Masks reported as ff0000:ff00:ff Debug Message: Now Fullscreen Debug Message: Shell initialization complete Debug Message: ***** Initializing Game ***** Debug Message: Timer Frequency is 0 9e8ef910 Debug Message: Initializing sound card. Debug Message: initailizing bink Debug Message: Create setup screens. Debug Message: Clear galaxy settings. Debug Message: Clear influence. Debug Message: Clear up laws. Debug Message: Clear first time events. Debug Message: Clear wonders and trade goods. Debug Message: Clear sector mapper. Debug Message: * Collectors Edition * Debug Message: Set mouse. Debug Message: Set update timer. Debug Message: Clear data definitions. Debug Message: Reading Star Names Debug Message: Reading Star Names... Done Debug Message: No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Data\CustomMaps\*.gc2map Debug Message: No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Data\Scenarios\*.gc2scenario Debug Message: Creating Galaxy Debug Message: Killing threads. Debug Message: Kiling civs. Debug Message: Killing ships. Debug Message: Killing rallypoints. Debug Message: Killing misc objects. Debug Message: Killing stars. Debug Message: Killing anomalies. Debug Message: Killing space resources. Debug Message: Killing colonies and planets. Debug Message: killing scenario. Debug Message: Clearing Turn Event Log Debug Message: Clear galaxy settings. Debug Message: Clear influence. Debug Message: Clear up laws. Debug Message: Clear first time events. Debug Message: Clear wonders and trade goods. Debug Message: Clear sector mapper. Debug Message: Galaxy Size Set: 8 x 8 Debug Message: Creating Random Map Debug Message: Creating Random Map... Stars Debug Message: Number of Unplaced Stars: 33. Debug Message: Creating Random Map... Planets Debug Message: *************** Failed To Place Planet *************** Debug Message: *************** Failed To Place Planet *************** Debug Message: Creating Random Map... Anomalies Debug Message: Num Anomalies: 118 Debug Message: Creating Random Map... Resources Debug Message: Creating Random Map... Done Debug Message: Setting Game Options Debug Message: Creating Civs Debug Message: Yor Collective: Intellence -> 15 Debug Message: Drath Legion: Intellence -> 15 Debug Message: Thalan Empire: Intellence -> 15 Debug Message: Iconian Refuge: Intellence -> 15 Debug Message: Creating Civs... Done Debug Message: Updating ZOC. Debug Message: Updating ZOC. Debug Message: Galaxy Create... Done Debug Message: UIBeginGame called with g_ulLocalPlayerID = 5 Debug Message: UIBeginGameHelper: New Game Started Debug Message: UIBeginGameHelper: Mods are Disabled Debug Message: Destroying ship Drath Legion Colony. Orbiting: 0 Debug Message: Updating ZOC. Debug Message: Random Event: End Debug Message: Drath Legion (7): Researching: Xeno Research Debug Message: Thalan Empire (8): Researching: Xeno Research Debug Message: Iconian Refuge (9): Researching: Galactic Warfare Debug Message: Pirates! (26): Researching: Galactic Warfare Debug Message: Destroying ship Yor Collective Colony. Orbiting: 0 Debug Message: Updating ZOC. Debug Message: Destroying ship Iconian Refuge Colony. Orbiting: 0 Debug Message: Updating ZOC. Debug Message: Random Event: End Debug Message: OptionsWnd: Quit Btn Debug Message: Posting WM_CLOSE message. Debug Message: WM_CLOSE message received. Debug Message: GameUninitialize start Debug Message: Killing Galaxy Debug Message: Killing threads. Debug Message: Kiling civs. Debug Message: Killing ships. Debug Message: Killing rallypoints. Debug Message: Killing misc objects. Debug Message: Killing stars. Debug Message: Killing anomalies. Debug Message: Killing space resources. Debug Message: Killing colonies and planets. Debug Message: killing scenario. Debug Message: Clearing Turn Event Log Debug Message: Clear galaxy settings. Debug Message: Clear influence. Debug Message: Clear up laws. Debug Message: Clear first time events. Debug Message: Clear wonders and trade goods. Debug Message: Clear sector mapper. Debug Message: Clear data definitions. Debug Message: Killing Galaxy: Completed Debug Message: Shutting down sound system. Debug Message: Clearing sound and music handles. Debug Message: WorkAreaBack.png not cleared 1 counts left. Debug Message: GameUninitialize end Debug Message: Device not cleared. 4 counts left. Debug Message: D3D not cleared. 1 counts left. Debug Message: Destroying Window. Debug Message: Main Shell terminating normally

August 31, 2008 10:39:27 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

So, I just bought the Gold Edition of GalCiv II and I can't even play it. Everytime I load the game I can start seting up a game but I notice lines flashing in and out of the screen and is then followed the screen blacks out, sometimes coming back, but mostly when it blacks out, it will not come back and I have to hard reboot my computer. I have tried updating the drivers but it has made little difference. I know my video card supports direct x 9 too.

Debug Message:  Version v1.5 Dark Avatar last updated on: Mon Jan 15 15:09:22 2007
Debug Message:  Checking DX Version.
Debug Message:  *********DXDiag info follows.*********
System Info
Time: 8/30/2008, 22:44:37
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Machine Name: GAME
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
Languages: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MSI
System Model: MS-6712
BIOS: Version 07.00T
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+,  MMX,  3DNow, ~1.9GHz
Physical Memory: 1536MB RAM
Page File: 316MB used, 3118MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

Display Info
Display device 1:
Device Name: \\.\DISPLAY1
Card Name: Radeon 9700 PRO (Omega 3.8.442)
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc. (Omega 3.8.442)
Chip Type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor AGP (0x4E44)
DAC Type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Key Device: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4E44&SUBSYS_00021002&REV_00
Display Memory: 128.0 MB
Current Display Mode: 1280 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: SyncMaster 940BW/199BW/941BW, SyncMaster Magic CX915BW(Digital)
Monitor Max Resolution: 1440,900
Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6755
Driver Date: 12/4/2007 20:04:10
DirectX Acceleration Enabled: Yes

Sound info
Sound device 1:
Description: SB Live! Wave Device
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0002&SUBSYS_00201102&REV_04
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Driver Name: emu10k1m.sys
Provider: Microsoft
Driver Version: 5.12.0001.3300
Driver Date: 8/17/2001 12:19:26
Type: WDM
Other Drivers:
Acceleration Level: 3
Cap Flags: 0
Min/Max Sample Rate: 0, 0

Sound device 1:
Description: Realtek AC97 Audio
Default Sound Playback: No
Default Voice Playback: No
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3059&SUBSYS_71201462&REV_50
Driver Name: ALCXWDM.SYS
Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Driver Version: 5.10.0000.6203
Driver Date: 1/22/2007 08:03:36
Other Drivers:

Debug Message:  *********END dxdiag info.*********
Debug Message:  Entering WinMain
Debug Message:  ******* Starting Game Shell *******
Debug Message:  Preparing to change display settings.
Debug Message:  Using multilsample setting: D3DMULTISAMPLE_NONE
Debug Message:  Game Resolution: 1280 x 768
Debug Message:  Running in windowed mode.
Debug Message:  HAL (hw vp): Radeon 9700 PRO (Omega 3.8.442)
Debug Message:  D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_IMMEDIATE
Debug Message:  Refresh rate: 0
Debug Message:  Bit Depth: 32 bit.
Debug Message:  *********Checking D3DDevice Caps***********************
Debug Message:  A full-color cursor is supported in hardware at high resolution modes.
Debug Message:  Border size reported as 6 by 32
Debug Message:  RGB in format 6:6:6, Masks reported as ff0000:ff00:ff
Debug Message:  Now windowed.
Debug Message:  Shell initialization complete
Debug Message:  GalCiv2 is activated.
Debug Message:  ***** Initializing Game *****
Debug Message:  Timer Frequency is 0 369e99
Debug Message:  Initializing sound card.
Debug Message:  initailizing bink
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask Movies\techs\*.bik
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask Gfx\Tutorials\*.bik
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Documents and Settings\Chris.GAME.000\My Documents\My Games\GC2DarkAvatar\Gfx\Movies\*.bik
Debug Message:  Create setup screens.
Debug Message:  Clear galaxy settings.
Debug Message:  Clear influence.
Debug Message:  Clear up laws.
Debug Message:  Clear first time events.
Debug Message:  Clear wonders and trade goods.
Debug Message:  Clear sector mapper.
Debug Message:  Set mouse.
Debug Message:  Set update timer.
Debug Message:  Popup Manager Update: Updating window with ID=0
Debug Message:  Popup Manager Update: Unhiding FullscreenBink
Debug Message:  Clear data definitions.
Debug Message:  Killing ship styles:
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Documents and Settings\Chris.GAME.000\My Documents\My Games\GC2DarkAvatar\ships\*.xml
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Documents and Settings\Chris.GAME.000\My Documents\My Games\GC2DarkAvatar\shiptemplates\*.xml
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Documents and Settings\Chris.GAME.000\My Documents\My Games\GC2DarkAvatar\ShipStyles\*.xml
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask ./Data/\FleetFormations\*.fleet
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2Gfx\Planets\C0*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask Gfx\Planets\C0*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask gfx/Terrain/1SideN*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask gfx/Terrain/1SideE*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask gfx/Terrain/1SideS*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask gfx/Terrain/1SideW*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask gfx/Terrain/2SideN*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask gfx/Terrain/2SideE*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask gfx/Terrain/2SideS*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask gfx/Terrain/2SideW*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask gfx/Terrain/3SideN*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask gfx/Terrain/3SideE*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask gfx/Terrain/3SideS*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask gfx/Terrain/3SideW*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask gfx/Terrain/4SideN*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask gfx/Terrain/4SideE*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask gfx/Terrain/4SideS*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask gfx/Terrain/4SideW*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Documents and Settings\Chris.GAME.000\My Documents\My Games\GC2DarkAvatar\ships\*.shipcfg
Debug Message:  Reading Star Names
Debug Message:  Reading Star Names... Done
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask ./Data/English/Tutorials/*.xml
Debug Message:  Popup Manager Update: Updating window with ID=1
Debug Message:  Popup Manager Update: Updating window with ID=17
Debug Message:  Popup Manager Update: Unhiding OptionsWnd
Debug Message:  Popup Manager Update: Updating window with ID=26
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Documents and Settings\Chris.GAME.000\My Documents\My Games\GC2DarkAvatar\Metaverse\*.sav
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Documents and Settings\Chris.GAME.000\My Documents\My Games\GC2DarkAvatar\Story Logs\*.sav
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Documents and Settings\Chris.GAME.000\My Documents\My Games\GC2DarkAvatar\temp\*.sav
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Documents and Settings\Chris.GAME.000\My Documents\My Games\GC2DarkAvatar\ships\*.sav
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Documents and Settings\Chris.GAME.000\My Documents\My Games\GC2DarkAvatar\shiptemplates\*.sav
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Documents and Settings\Chris.GAME.000\My Documents\My Games\GC2DarkAvatar\ShipStyles\*.sav
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Documents and Settings\Chris.GAME.000\My Documents\My Games\GC2DarkAvatar\Gfx\*.sav
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Documents and Settings\Chris.GAME.000\My Documents\My Games\GC2DarkAvatar\Dark Avatar\*.sav
Debug Message:  Popup Manager Update: Unhiding SaveGameWnd
Debug Message:  Tried to enter unprintable character: 8
Debug Message:  GalaxyWnd: Cannot find OBJID Scenaro_MoreDetails_FText
Debug Message:  GalaxyWnd: Cannot find OBJID Scenaro_Details_FormattedText
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask ./Data/CustomMaps/*.gc2mapDarkAvatar/Data/CustomMaps/*.gc2map
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Default\Data\CustomMaps\*.gc2map
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask ./Data/English/Scenarios/*.GC2Scenario
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Default\Data\Scenarios\*.gc2scenario
Debug Message:  CustomPersonalityWnd: Cannot find OBJID Personality_Special_Title
Debug Message:  CustomPersonalityWnd: Cannot find OBJID Personality_Special_Disctiption_Spinner_Back
Debug Message:  CustomPersonalityWnd: Cannot find OBJID Personality_Special_Disctiption_Title
*DEBUG ERROR: ***CustomShipStyleWnd: Unknown edit field ShipList_List_Entry type: CustomListEntry ***
*DEBUG ERROR: ***CustomShipStyleWnd: Unknown edit field ShipList_Avalible_List_Entry type: CustomListEntry ***
Debug Message:  WARNING: GetShipStylePrefix called for civ and civ has no ship style
Debug Message:  LoadHardpointsFromPrefsFile failed to load ship config file: ./Data/ShipCfg/\(null)_ColonyShip.shipcfg
Debug Message:  Creating Galaxy
Debug Message:  Killing threads.
Debug Message:  Kiling civs.
Debug Message:  Killing ships.
Debug Message:  Killing rallypoints.
Debug Message:  Killing misc objects.
Debug Message:  Killing stars.
Debug Message:  Killing anomalies.
Debug Message:  Killing asteroid fields.
Debug Message:  Killing asteroid field mining bases.
Debug Message:  Killing space resources.
Debug Message:  Killing colonies and planets.
Debug Message:  killing scenario.
Debug Message:  Clearing Turn Event Log
Debug Message:  Galaxy Size Set: 4 x 4
Debug Message:  Creating Random Map
Debug Message:  Creating Random Map... Stars
Debug Message:  Number of Unplaced Stars: 3.
Debug Message:  Creating Random Map... Planets
Debug Message:  *************** Failed To Place Planet ***************
Debug Message:  Creating Random Map... Anomalies
Debug Message:  Num Anomalies: 167
Debug Message:  Creating Random Map... Resources
Debug Message:  Creating Random Map... Done

Thanks.

September 1, 2008 9:31:02 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Hi,

I've recently changed my computer, and reinstalled GalCiv2 ... for 2 hours .... anyway. I get in the game but I don't have any text on the menu buttons. I know I've seen this bug posted somewhere but I've searched it for one hour with no success. So if anyone knows anything about this small bug and can direct me to the solution I'll be greatfull.

Thanks in advance.

September 1, 2008 10:34:35 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Malo, that is a debug from the base game. If you are having TA issues, you'll find a debug for TA in My documents\My games\GC2TwilightArnor (also, please make sure that the line breaks get posted so it's readable).

Mergathal, did you get the drivers from ATI's site? They should have some newer than those, unless they've dropped 9xxx support altogether. It'd also be a good idea to update the game off Impulse, as you're running the retail disc version still.

Barring driver or version issues, the graphical issues you're experiencing would point towards a hardware problem, either overheating, or component failure (given the age of the 9700, it may well be caked with dust or getting toward the end of its life).

UnevenPieces, simply reboot your computer and it should be fixed.

September 1, 2008 11:43:49 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Thanks Kyro, now it works fine , but what was the actual problem ?

September 1, 2008 12:33:09 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Sometimes windows does not properly register the fonts after an install; once you reboot it properly loads them at startup.

September 1, 2008 1:35:07 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

KK, here is the corect DeBug

Debug Message:  Version v1.96 Twilight of the Arnor last updated on: Tue Jun 24 17:37:47 2008
Debug Message:  Could not query reg key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE\Stardock\ComponentManager\Drengin.net value named Serial No
System Info
Time: 8/28/2008, 08:06:39
Machine Name: FAMILY
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.               
System Model: Dell DM051                  
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A05
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D  CPU 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)
Physical Memory: 3070MB RAM
Page File: 569MB used, 4385MB available

Display Info
Display device 1:
Card Name: RADEON X600 256MB HyperMemory
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip Type: RADEON X600 (0x5B62)
Key Device: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5B62&SUBSYS_06021002&REV_00
Display Memory: 256.0 MB
Current Display Mode: 1280 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Resolution: 1600,1200
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6561
Driver Date: 8/4/2005 00:10:38

Sound info
Sound device 1:
Description: Sound Blaster Audigy
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0007&SUBSYS_100A1102&REV_00
Driver Name: P17.sys
Provider: CREATIVE
Driver Version: 5.12.0001.0512
Driver Date: 7/7/2005 01:14:30
Other Drivers:

Debug Message:  Could not query reg key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE\Stardock\Drengin.net\GalCiv2 value named Language
Debug Message:  Going Fullscreen
Debug Message:  Using hardware vertex processing
Debug Message:  Using multilsample setting: D3DMULTISAMPLE_4_SAMPLES
Debug Message:  Attempting to create D3DDevice at resolution 1024 x 768, Windowed: 0, Multisample: 4
Debug Message:  Game Resolution: 1024 x 768
Debug Message:  Running fullscreen.
Debug Message:  HAL (hw vp): RADEON X600 256MB HyperMemory
Debug Message:  D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_DEFAULT
Debug Message:  Refresh rate: 60
Debug Message:  A full-color cursor is supported in hardware at high resolution modes.
Debug Message:  Now Fullscreen
Debug Message:  Timer Frequency is 0 9e8ef910
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\./Data/ShipTemplates/\*.shipcfg
Debug Message:  Could not query reg key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE\Stardock\ObjectDesktop\DesktopX value named Path
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar\Movies\techs\*.bik
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Documents and Settings\kathy.FAMILY\My Documents\My Games\GC2TwilightArnor\Gfx\Movies\*.bik
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Movies\*.bik
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Movies\techs\*.bik
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Gfx\*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Gfx\Race\*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Screens\*.dxpack
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Documents and Settings\kathy.FAMILY\My Documents\My Games\GC2TwilightArnor\sfx\*.wav
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Documents and Settings\kathy.FAMILY\My Documents\My Games\GC2TwilightArnor\Music\*.mp3
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Documents and Settings\kathy.FAMILY\My Documents\My Games\GC2TwilightArnor\Event Music\*.mp3
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Music\*.mp3
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Event Music\*.mp3
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask ./Data/*.xml
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Data\TechTrees\*.xml
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Techs\*.xml
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Data\ShipDefs\*.xml
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Data\ShipTemplates\*.xml
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2./Data/English/\ShipStyles\*.xml
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Data\ShipStyles\*.xml
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Documents and Settings\kathy.FAMILY\My Documents\My Games\GC2TwilightArnor\ShipStyles\*.xml
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar./Data/\FleetFormations\*.fleet
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Data\FleetFormations\*.fleet
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Data\CustomPlanets\*.xml
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar\Gfx\Planets\C0*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Gfx\Planets\C0*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Data\CustomRaces\*.xml
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/1SideN*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/1SideE*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/1SideS*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/1SideW*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/2SideN*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/2SideE*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/2SideS*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/2SideW*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/3SideN*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/3SideE*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/3SideS*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/3SideW*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/4SideN*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/4SideE*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/4SideS*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/4SideW*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar/gfx/Terrain/1SideN*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar/gfx/Terrain/1SideE*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar/gfx/Terrain/1SideS*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar/gfx/Terrain/1SideW*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar/gfx/Terrain/2SideN*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar/gfx/Terrain/2SideE*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar/gfx/Terrain/2SideS*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar/gfx/Terrain/2SideW*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar/gfx/Terrain/3SideN*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar/gfx/Terrain/3SideE*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar/gfx/Terrain/3SideS*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar/gfx/Terrain/3SideW*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar/gfx/Terrain/4SideN*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar/gfx/Terrain/4SideE*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar/gfx/Terrain/4SideS*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar/gfx/Terrain/4SideW*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\./Data/ShipTemplates/\*.shipcfg
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Data\ShipCfg\\*.shipcfg
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Data\ShipTemplates\\*.shipcfg
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Data\Anomalies\*.xml
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Data\Events\*.xml
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Data\UPIssues\*.xml
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Data\Invasions\*.xml
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Data\StarTypes\*.xml
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Data\StarbaseModules\*.xml
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Mods\Deathstar\Data\AsteroidFieldMiningBaseModules\*.xml
Debug Message:  TitleWnd: Quit Button.
Debug Message:  Posting WM_CLOSE message.
Debug Message:  WM_CLOSE message received.
Debug Message:  GameUninitialize start
Debug Message:  Killing Galaxy
Debug Message:  Killing ascension crystals.
Debug Message:  Killing Galaxy: Completed
Debug Message:  Shutting down sound system.
Debug Message:  Clearing sound and music handles.
Debug Message:  Desplay_Scroll_Small_Tab.png not cleared 2 counts left.
Debug Message:  TextFiledBack.png not cleared 1 counts left.
Debug Message:  GameUninitialize end
Debug Message:  Device not cleared. 3 counts left.
Debug Message:  D3D not cleared. 1 counts left.
Debug Message:  Destroying Window.
Debug Message:  Main Shell terminating normally

September 1, 2008 1:58:10 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

When you reinstalled, did you reinstall all three (DL/DA/TA)? Nothing about broken files in the debug, at least, so if you did not completely reinstall everything, give that a shot. You may also try cleaing out the My Documents\My Games\GC2TwilightArnor folder.

Unrelated, but it'd also be a good idea to update your video drivers. Ones as old as you have now (2005) are liable to cause issues with the game.

September 1, 2008 5:21:34 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I tried the latest ati catalyst drivers for the 9700 pro which was listed as the catalyst 8.8. I then tried the omega ati drivers because I had better luck in the past with those over the official ati but it made no difference in regards to this issue I am having. Also I told it to update the game right after I installed it... or I thought so at least.

As far as the age of the 9700, it is possible, it still runs well but has a few glitches every once in a while.

I actually ordered a new video card after running in to this problem. I don't have the money to upgrade my computer right now but I could spend $40 on a cheap new but not top shelf X1600 Radeon. I am hoping that will work better.

Edit: I just double checked through stardock to update and it says It has not been... my bad, thought I had.

September 2, 2008 11:25:18 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Updated and still have the same issue.

September 4, 2008 6:16:44 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

K, thx Kyro, i cleared the folder out, and it fixed it, but now the mods wont work, not too important, but it would be nice if u could help.

September 4, 2008 8:40:50 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Clearing the entire folder would also reset your preferences, so you'll need to go hit the default button in the mod folder option and reselect the one to use.

September 6, 2008 2:30:54 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

K, I hit the default but, the mods directory it says its going to ("C:\Program Files\Stardock\TotalGaming\GalCiv2\Twilight\Mods\Default") does not exist, I checked in the Stardock folder AND the Stardock games, it's not in either, should i just create a new folder? 

September 6, 2008 2:34:25 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Oops, i copied the wrong directoy adress, it's acualy Satardock games, not Stardock, still the same problem though

September 11, 2008 10:39:28 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Ok, the mod problem is fixed, i figured it out on my own, but now that i've acualy begun to play the game, it will randomly crash on me, usualy after i try to create a custom CPU, and im prety sure that i updated the video drivers, so can u help?

Debug Message:  Version v1.96 Twilight of the Arnor last updated on: Tue Jun 24 17:37:47 2008
Debug Message:  Could not query reg key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE\Stardock\ComponentManager\Drengin.net value named Serial No
Debug Message:  Checking DX Version.
Debug Message:  *********DXDiag info follows.*********
System Info
Time: 9/11/2008, 17:42:22
Machine Name: FAMILY
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.                
System Model: Dell DM051                   
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A05
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D  CPU 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)
Physical Memory: 3070MB RAM
Page File: 844MB used, 4110MB available

Display Info
Display device 1:
Card Name: ATI Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series 
Chip Type: RADEON X600 (0x5B62)
Key Device: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5B62&SUBSYS_06021002&REV_00
Display Memory: 256.0 MB
Current Display Mode: 1152 x 864 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6844
Driver Date: 7/31/2008 21:32:35

Sound info
Sound device 1:
Description: Sound Blaster Audigy
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0007&SUBSYS_100A1102&REV_00
Driver Name: P17.sys
Provider: CREATIVE
Driver Version: 5.12.0001.0512
Driver Date: 7/7/2005 01:14:30
Other Drivers: 

Debug Message:  *********END dxdiag info.*********
Debug Message:  Entering WinMain
Debug Message:  ******* Starting Game Shell *******
Debug Message:  Could not query reg key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE\Stardock\Drengin.net\GalCiv2 value named Language
Debug Message:  Going Fullscreen
Debug Message:  Preparing to change display settings.
Debug Message:  Using hardware vertex processing
Debug Message:  Using multilsample setting: D3DMULTISAMPLE_4_SAMPLES
Debug Message:  Attempting to create D3DDevice at resolution 1024 x 768, Windowed: 0, Multisample: 4
Debug Message:  Game Resolution: 1024 x 768
Debug Message:  Running fullscreen.
Debug Message:  HAL (hw vp): ATI Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series 
Debug Message:  D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_DEFAULT
Debug Message:  Refresh rate: 60
Debug Message:  Bit Depth: 32 bit.
Debug Message:  *********Checking D3DDevice Caps***********************
Debug Message:  A full-color cursor is supported in hardware at high resolution modes.
Debug Message:  RGB in format 6:6:6, Masks reported as ff0000:ff00:ff
Debug Message:  Now Fullscreen
Debug Message:  Shell initialization complete
Debug Message:  GalCiv2 is activated.
Debug Message:  ***** Initializing Game *****

Debug Message:  Destroying ship Robotron Empire Defender M4 v1 409. Orbiting: 1
Debug Message:  Was Orbiting: Weber I
Debug Message:  Updating ZOC.
Debug Message:  Random Event: Begin
Debug Message:  Random Event: End
Debug Message:  Eval
Debug Message:  Updating ZOC.
September 15, 2008 9:25:01 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I have an issue, the game worked great for a good few months and now i'm getting a Microsoft C++ Runtime Error that says the game told it to kill it in an "unusual way" . Please help. Here's the exceedingly long Debug:

Debug Message:  Version v1.5 Dark Avatar last updated on: Mon Jan 15 15:09:22 2007
Debug Message:  Can't find TGN or GalCiv2 serial number.
System Info
Time: 1/6/2008, 21:01:39
Machine Name: BSCOMP
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.070227-2300)
Languages: English (Regional Setting: Japanese)
System Manufacturer: Gateway
System Model: GT4022
BIOS: )Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 4000+,  MMX,  3DNow, ~2.4GHz
Physical Memory: 1022MB RAM
Page File: 422MB used, 1843MB available

Display Info
Display device 1:
Card Name: VisionTek RADEON X1300 
Chip Type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x7146)
Key Device: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_7146&SUBSYS_19901545&REV_00
Display Memory: 512.0 MB
Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6727
Driver Date: 9/29/2007 03:06:18

Sound info
Sound device 1:
Description: Realtek HD Audio output
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0880&SUBSYS_1509E601&REV_1008
Driver Name: RtkHDAud.sys
Driver Version: 5.10.0000.5172
Driver Date: 9/23/2005 17:56:28
Other Drivers:

Debug Message:  Using multilsample setting: D3DMULTISAMPLE_4_SAMPLES
Debug Message:  Game Resolution: 1024 x 768
Debug Message:  HAL (hw vp): VisionTek RADEON X1300 
Debug Message:  Refresh rate: 75

Debug Message:  OptionsWnd: Quit Btn
Debug Message:  Popup Manager Update: Updating window with ID=8
Debug Message:  Popup Manager Update: Unhiding MessageBoxWnd
Debug Message:  Posting WM_CLOSE message.
Debug Message:  WM_CLOSE message received.
Debug Message:  GameUninitialize start

[condensed to one short post by moderator]

For the record, I reset the location to USA but that doesn't seem to matter. Also, it won't do anything with Smart Exception at all. Not one crash note.

September 15, 2008 9:58:56 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

but now that i've acualy begun to play the game, it will randomly crash on me,

Please install 'SmartException' from the free stuff section in Stardock Central. Make sure that SE is running and start your game as normal. If the game crashes it will generate an exception report that can be emailed to gc2bugs@stardock.com.

Include in/attached to the email:
+ A description of what you were doing at the time.
+ How to reproduce the crash (if possible).
+ A zipped save (if applicable).
+ The appropriate debug.err file.

The devs cannot help if you do not provide these details!

I have an issue, the game worked great for a good few months and now i'm getting a Microsoft C++ Runtime Error that says the game told it to kill it in an "unusual way" . Please help. Here's the exceedingly long Debug:

Looks like it's the wrong debug (shows a normal exit, and it's from January). If you're having trouble with TA, it has its own debug in its folder under My Docs\My Games.

September 16, 2008 4:58:10 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Weirdly enough.. it works right now. I have no.. earthly .. idea.. why. I guess it was a driver issue.

September 29, 2008 9:01:03 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I didn't get this issue when I first started playing the DL campaign mode, but once I was a few missions in, it would happen every now and then.  When I started a non-campaign game, it would happen within 20 minutes from starting, and then within 5 minutes loading from a save.  I tried updating my video drivers from some of the links mentioned earlier but I got an error message saying that it didn't match my drivers or something.  Here is the error log file:

Debug Message:  Version v1.5 last updated on: Thu Jan 11 13:39:19 2007
System Info
Time: 9/29/2008, 19:55:13
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
Machine Name: CAMILO-PC
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080425-1930)
System Manufacturer: n/a
System Model: n/a
BIOS: n/a
Processor: n/a (2 CPUs)
Physical Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 1025MB used, 1168MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows

Display Info
Display device 1:
Card Name: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600
Manufacturer:
Chip Type:
DAC Type:
Key Device: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0398&SUBSYS_2B301509&REV_A1
Display Memory: 520 MB
Current Display Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Max Resolution:
Driver Name:
Driver Version:
Driver Date:

Sound info
Sound device 1:
Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0885&SUBSYS_15098405&REV_1001
Driver Name: RTKVHDA.sys
Driver Version: 6.00.0001.5322
Driver Date: 11/8/2006 23:09:24
Other Drivers:
Acceleration Level: 1

Sound device 1:
Description: Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Default Sound Playback: No
Default Voice Playback: No
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0885&SUBSYS_15098405&REV_1001
Driver Name: RTKVHDA.sys
Driver Version: 6.00.0001.5322
Driver Date: 11/8/2006 23:09:24
Other Drivers:
Acceleration Level: 1

Debug Message:  Game Resolution: 1440 x 900
Debug Message:  HAL (hw vp): NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600
Debug Message:  Timer Frequency is 0 17d7840
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Users\Camilo.Camilo-PC\Documents\My Games\GalCiv2\Logos\*.sav
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Users\Camilo.Camilo-PC\Documents\My Games\GalCiv2\Metaverse\*.sav
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Users\Camilo.Camilo-PC\Documents\My Games\GalCiv2\Portraits\*.sav
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Users\Camilo.Camilo-PC\Documents\My Games\GalCiv2\ships\*.sav
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Users\Camilo.Camilo-PC\Documents\My Games\GalCiv2\temp\*.sav
Debug Message:  Loading Custom Map
Debug Message:  Loading Data Defs
Debug Message:  Loading TechDefs
Debug Message:  Max num techs: 248
Debug Message:  Loading ImprovementDB
Debug Message:  Loading Component Defs
Debug Message:  Loading ShipTypes
Debug Message:  Loading ShipConfigs
Debug Message:  Loading AnomalyTypes
Debug Message:  Loading RandomEvents
Debug Message:  Loading UPIssues
Debug Message:  Loading ResourceTypes
Debug Message:  Loading InvasionTactics
Debug Message:  Loading SBmodules
Debug Message:  Loading PoliticalParties
Debug Message:  Loading Planet Types
Debug Message:  Loading Star Types
Debug Message:  Loading Game
Debug Message:  Loading: Game mode is normal.
Debug Message:  Loading Galaxy
Debug Message:  Sectors across: 5 x 5
Debug Message:  Loading FOW Map
Debug Message:  Loading ZOC Map
Debug Message:  Loading Planets
Debug Message:  Loading Stars
Debug Message:  Loading Anomalies
Debug Message:  Loading Resources
Debug Message:  Loading Civs
Debug Message:  Loading Colonies
Debug Message:  Loading RallyPoints
Debug Message:  Loading Ships
Debug Message:  Loading Fleets
Debug Message:  Can't find ship type Fleet in definitions
Debug Message:  Loading Turn Event Log
Debug Message:  Loading ENDGALAXYDATA
Debug Message:  Updating ZOC.
Debug Message:  UIBeginGame called with g_ulLocalPlayerID = 0
Debug Message:  UIBeginGameHelper: New Game Started
Debug Message:  UIBeginGameHelper: Mods are Disabled
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Altarian Constructor M1-4 226. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Random Event: Begin
Debug Message:  Random Event: End
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Torian Colony Ship M2-7 227. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Election
Debug Message:  Torian Confederation senate and their party in control is 0
Debug Message:  Federalists running for re-election...
Debug Message:  Year: 2228. Torian Confederation traded Enhanced Deflectors to the Iconian Refuge in exchange for Impulse Drive Mark II
Debug Message:  Year: 2228. Carinoids traded Shield Defense Theory to the Iconian Refuge in exchange for Basic Miniaturization

<THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE HAPPENS FOR A COUPLE HUNDRED LINES>
Debug Message:  Error flipping back buffer to primary buffer.
Debug Message:  n/a
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Altarian Colony Ship M2-10 241. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Device lost
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Constructor 234. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  StarbaseDetailsWnd: Cannot find OBJID Starbase_Details_Disband_Button
Debug Message:  Error. String Not Found. Table: StarbaseDetailsWnd String Name: DisbandBtn
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Terran Alliance Flagship. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Torian Constructor M2-7 230. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Drengin Empire (1): Researching: Trade
Debug Message:  Torian Confederation (4): Researching: Extended Life Support
Debug Message:  DomesticWnd: Cannot find OBJID Domestic_Government_Tab
Debug Message:  DomesticWnd: Cannot find OBJID Domestic_Governor_Tab
Debug Message:  DomesticWnd: Cannot find OBJID Domestic_Stats_Tab
Debug Message:  DomesticWnd: Cannot find OBJID Domestic_Graphs_Tab
Debug Message:  EconomicWnd: Cannot find OBJID Template_Button_Back
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Iconian Colony Ship M2-6 231. Orbiting: 1
Debug Message:  Was Orbiting: Vizzard I
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Torian Colony Ship M2-10 237. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Drengin Empire (1): Researching: Titanium Armor III
Debug Message:  A* Path too long to calculate (46.097721).  Aborting
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Iconian Constructor M2-10 332. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Iconian Refuge (9): Researching: Planetary Invasion
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Torian Colony Ship M2-7 329. Orbiting: 1
Debug Message:  Was Orbiting: Hestia I
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Altarian Colony Ship M2-10 331. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Election
Debug Message:  Iconian Refuge senate and their party in control is 0
Debug Message:  Federalists running for re-election...
Debug Message:  Altarian Republic (2): Researching: Planetary Invasion
Debug Message:  Torian Confederation (4): Researching: Mass Drivers II
Debug Message:  ForeignRelationsWnd: Cannot find OBJID Foreign_Relations_Destabilize_Slider
Debug Message:  ForeignRelationsWnd: Cannot find OBJID Foreign_Relations_Destabilize_Scale
Debug Message:  ForeignRelationsWnd: Cannot find OBJID Foreign_Relations_Destabilize_Title
Debug Message:  ForeignRelationsWnd: Cannot find OBJID Foreign_Relations_Destabilize_Value
Debug Message:  ForeignReportWnd: Cannot find OBJID Foreign_Report_Race_Button_11
Debug Message:  ForeignReportWnd: Cannot find OBJID Foreign_Report_Race_Image_11
Debug Message:  ForeignStats: Cannot find OBJID Foreign_Stats_Race_Button_11
Debug Message:  ForeignStats: Cannot find OBJID Foreign_Stats_Race_Image_11
*DEBUG ERROR: ***ForeignTreatiesWnd: Unknown edit field Foreign_Treaties_Lines_Window type: DrawingWindow ***
Debug Message:  Yearly Status Dialog
Debug Message:  Yearly Status Dialog 8d
Debug Message:  Deleting previous save game.
Debug Message:  About to auto save.
Debug Message:  Save Game: About to save
Debug Message:  Saving game C:\Users\Camilo.Camilo-PC\Documents\My Games\GalCiv2\AutoSave.sav
Debug Message:  Num Sectors Across: 5
Debug Message:  Saving: Game mode is normal.
Debug Message:  Save game finished.
Debug Message:  Finished auto save.
Debug Message:  Drengin Empire (1): Researching: Enhanced Logistics
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Altarian Colony Ship M2-10 345. Orbiting: 1
Debug Message:  Was Orbiting: Dester III
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Korx Constructor M1-4 335. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Iconian Constructor M3-1 347. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship cheap constructor 348. Orbiting: 0

<THE FOLLOWING MESSAGES REPEAT FOR A COUPLE THOUSAND LINES>

September 29, 2008 9:25:18 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I've been getting random crashes. Sometimes they're spaced several dozen turns apart, sometimes every two or three turns. Updated to the latest beta patch caused crashes every attempt to load. I uninstalled, reinstalled at the latest non-beta patch, turned Anti-alaising to 0, turned on framrate throttling, and updated to the latest video driver. Games like Civ IV and EQ2 work flawlessly.

Debug Message:  Version v1.96 Twilight of the Arnor last updated on: Tue Jun 24 17:37:47 2008
Debug Message:  Could not query reg key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE\Stardock\ComponentManager\Drengin.net value named Serial No
System Info
Time: 9/29/2008, 21:09:49
Machine Name: MIKE-5123FA7169
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
System Manufacturer: NVIDIA
System Model: 122-CK-NF68
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          4300  @ 1.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Physical Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 574MB used, 3364MB available

Display Info
Display device 1:
Card Name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip Type: GeForce 8800 GTS
DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
Key Device: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0193&SUBSYS_042010DE&REV_A2
Display Memory: 320.0 MB
Current Display Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0011.7813
Driver Date: 9/17/2008 09:55:00

Sound info
Sound device 1:
Description: Realtek HD Audio output
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0885&SUBSYS_10ECE601&REV_1001
Driver Name: RtkHDAud.sys
Driver Version: 5.10.0000.5296
Driver Date: 9/12/2006 22:27:00
Other Drivers:

Debug Message:  Could not query reg key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE\Stardock\Drengin.net\GalCiv2 value named Language
Debug Message:  Using hardware vertex processing
Debug Message:  Attempting to create D3DDevice at resolution 1920 x 1200, Windowed: 0, Multisample: 0
Debug Message:  Game Resolution: 1920 x 1200
Debug Message:  HAL (hw vp): NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
Debug Message:  Timer Frequency is 0 6b4a6e40
Debug Message:  Could not open reg key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE\Stardock\ObjectDesktop\DesktopX
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar\Movies\techs\*.bik
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask D:\Documents\My Games\GC2TwilightArnor\Gfx\Movies\*.bik
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask D:\Documents\My Games\GC2TwilightArnor\sfx\*.wav
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask D:\Documents\My Games\GC2TwilightArnor\Music\*.mp3
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask D:\Documents\My Games\GC2TwilightArnor\Event Music\*.mp3
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask ./Data/*.xml
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2./Data/English/\ShipStyles\*.xml
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask D:\Documents\My Games\GC2TwilightArnor\ShipStyles\*.xml
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar./Data/\FleetFormations\*.fleet
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar\Gfx\Planets\C0*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/1SideN*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/1SideE*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/1SideS*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/1SideW*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/2SideN*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/2SideE*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/2SideS*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/2SideW*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/3SideN*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/3SideE*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/3SideS*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/3SideW*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/4SideN*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/4SideE*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/4SideS*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\GalCiv2\DarkAvatar/gfx/Terrain/4SideW*.png
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask D:\Documents\My Games\GC2TwilightArnor\Backup\*.sav
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask D:\Documents\My Games\GC2TwilightArnor\CustomMaps\*.sav
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask D:\Documents\My Games\GC2TwilightArnor\Dark Avatar\*.sav
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask D:\Documents\My Games\GC2TwilightArnor\Gfx\*.sav
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask D:\Documents\My Games\GC2TwilightArnor\Metaverse\*.sav
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask D:\Documents\My Games\GC2TwilightArnor\SandboxGames\*.sav
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask D:\Documents\My Games\GC2TwilightArnor\ships\*.sav
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask D:\Documents\My Games\GC2TwilightArnor\ShipStyles\*.sav
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask D:\Documents\My Games\GC2TwilightArnor\shiptemplates\*.sav
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask D:\Documents\My Games\GC2TwilightArnor\temp\*.sav
Debug Message:  No files found matching mask D:\Documents\My Games\GC2TwilightArnor\Twilight of the Arnor\*.sav
Debug Message:  Killing ascension crystals.
Debug Message:  Loading Custom Map
Debug Message:  Loading Data Defs
Debug Message:  Loading TechDefs
Debug Message:  Max num techs: 523
Debug Message:  Loading ImprovementDB
Debug Message:  Loading Component Defs
Debug Message:  Loading ShipTypes
Debug Message:  Loading ShipTemplates
Debug Message:  Loading ParsedHardpoints
Debug Message:  Loading AnomalyTypes
Debug Message:  Loading RandomEvents
Debug Message:  Loading UPIssues
Debug Message:  Loading ResourceTypes
Debug Message:  Loading InvasionTactics
Debug Message:  Loading SBmodules
Debug Message:  Loading PoliticalParties
Debug Message:  Loading Planet Types
Debug Message:  Loading Star Types
Debug Message:  Loading AFMBModules
Debug Message:  Loading ShipStyles
Debug Message:  Loading TechTrees
Debug Message:  Loading TechTreeDefs
Debug Message:  Loading Game
Debug Message:  Loading: Game mode is normal.
Debug Message:  Loading Galaxy
Debug Message:  Game started in version v1.96 Twilight of the Arnor
Debug Message:  Sectors across: 12 x 12
Debug Message:  Loading FOW Map
Debug Message:  Loading ZOC Map
Debug Message:  Loading Planets
Debug Message:  Loading Stars
Debug Message:  Loading Anomalies
Debug Message:  Loading Resources
Debug Message:  Loading AscensionCrystals
Debug Message:  Loading AsteroidFields
Debug Message:  Loading AFMiningBases
Debug Message:  Loading Civs
Debug Message:  Loaded Civ Drengin Empire who has intelligence 40
Debug Message:  Loaded Civ Altarian Resistance who has intelligence 40
Debug Message:  Loaded Civ Arcean Empire who has intelligence 40
Debug Message:  Loaded Civ Torian Confederation who has intelligence 40
Debug Message:  Loaded Civ Yor Collective who has intelligence 40
Debug Message:  Loaded Civ Dominion of Korx who has intelligence 40
Debug Message:  Loaded Civ Drath Legion who has intelligence 40
Debug Message:  Loaded Civ Krynn Consulate who has intelligence 40
Debug Message:  Loaded Civ Terran Alliance who has intelligence 40
Debug Message:  Loading player civ Immortals Club
Debug Message:  Loaded Civ Paulos who has intelligence 53
Debug Message:  Loaded Civ LentzLandians who has intelligence 57
Debug Message:  Loaded Civ Snathi who has intelligence 48
Debug Message:  Loaded Civ Pirates who has intelligence 1
Debug Message:  Loaded Civ Vegans who has intelligence 29
Debug Message:  Loaded Civ Paridians who has intelligence 12
Debug Message:  Loaded Civ Jarkians who has intelligence 17
Debug Message:  Loading Colonies
Debug Message:  Loading RallyPoints
Debug Message:  Loading Ships
Debug Message:  Loading Fleets
Debug Message:  Loading Turn Event Log
Debug Message:  Loading Treaties
Debug Message:  Loading ENDGALAXYDATA
Debug Message:  UIBeginGame called with g_ulLocalPlayerID = 9
Debug Message:  UIBeginGameHelper: New Game Started
Debug Message:  UIBeginGameHelper: Mods are Disabled
Debug Error:  Ship (Club Bouncer 2 1878) is in a fleet, but fleet with ID=311 not found.
Debug Error:  Ship (Drath Heavy Fighter M12 v4 4261) is in a fleet, but fleet with ID=312 not found.
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Club Bouncer 2 1878. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Drath Heavy Fighter M12 v4 4261. Orbiting: 1
Debug Message:  Was Orbiting: Dratha
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Drath Heavy Fighter M12 v4 4261. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Saving game D:\Documents\My Games\GC2TwilightArnor\QuickSave.tmp
Debug Message:  Num Sectors Across: 12
Debug Message:  Number of ships: 150, Number of Fleets: 41
Debug Message:  Saving game D:\Documents\My Games\GC2TwilightArnor\AutoSave.tmp
Debug Message:  Number of ships: 150, Number of Fleets: 41
Debug Message:  Eval
Debug Message:  Number of ships: 150, Number of Fleets: 42
Debug Error:  Ship (Club Bouncer 2 1878) is in a fleet, but fleet with ID=314 not found.
Debug Error:  Ship (Drath Heavy Fighter M12 v4 4593) is in a fleet, but fleet with ID=315 not found.
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Drath Heavy Fighter M12 v4 4593. Orbiting: 1
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Drath Heavy Fighter M12 v4 4593. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Number of ships: 152, Number of Fleets: 42
Debug Error:  Ship (Vengeance) is in a fleet, but fleet with ID=316 not found.
Debug Error:  Ship (Club Escort 3 1501) is in a fleet, but fleet with ID=317 not found.
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Vengeance. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Club Escort 3 1501. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Number of ships: 151, Number of Fleets: 42
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Terran Frigate M8 v1 1541. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Terran Frigate M9 v2 1544. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Terran Heavy Fighter M9 v2 1956. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Terran Troop Transport M9 v1 2067. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Terran Fleet 124. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Terran Fleet 131. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  ***Attacker Drath Legion has courage bonus 0
***Defender Immortals Club has courage bonus 0.
Debug Error:  Ship (Club Escort 3 1501) is in a fleet, but fleet with ID=318 not found.
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Drath Frigate M9 v2 2722. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Drath Frigate M9 v2 2735. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Drath Heavy Fighter M9 v3 2703. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Drath Fleet 216. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Number of ships: 153, Number of Fleets: 39
Debug Error:  Ship (Club Bouncer 2 1878) is in a fleet, but fleet with ID=319 not found.
Debug Error:  Ship (Vengeance) is in a fleet, but fleet with ID=320 not found.
Debug Error:  Ship (Club Bouncer 2 1878) is in a fleet, but fleet with ID=321 not found.
Debug Error:  Ship (Drath Heavy Fighter M12 v4 4605) is in a fleet, but fleet with ID=322 not found.
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Drath Heavy Fighter M12 v4 4605. Orbiting: 1
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Drath Heavy Fighter M12 v4 4605. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  EconomicWnd: Cannot find OBJID Template_Button_Back
Debug Error:  Ship (Arcean Frigate M7 v6 1462) is in a fleet, but fleet with ID=323 not found.
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Drath Heavy Fighter M9 v3 2166. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Drath Heavy Fighter M9 v3 2109. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Drath Heavy Fighter M9 v3 2095. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Drath Heavy Fighter M9 v3 2101. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Drath Heavy Fighter M9 v3 2117. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Drath Fleet 154. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Arcean Frigate M7 v6 1462. Orbiting: 0
Debug Error:  Ship (Club Escort 3 1501) is in a fleet, but fleet with ID=324 not found.
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Drath Fleet 202. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Number of ships: 151, Number of Fleets: 37
Debug Error:  Ship (Club Bouncer 2 1878) is in a fleet, but fleet with ID=325 not found.
Debug Error:  Ship (Economy Starbase 206) is in a fleet, but fleet with ID=326 not found.
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Economy Starbase 206. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Economy Starbase 206. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Terran Fleet 204. Orbiting: 0
Debug Error:  Ship (Vengeance) is in a fleet, but fleet with ID=327 not found.
Debug Error:  Ship (Interceptor 248) is in a fleet, but fleet with ID=328 not found.
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Interceptor 248. Orbiting: 1
Debug Message:  Was Orbiting: Zenith II
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Interceptor 248. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Krynn Colony Ship M8 v6 3165. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Number of ships: 150, Number of Fleets: 36
Debug Error:  Ship (Club Bouncer 2 2723) is in a fleet, but fleet with ID=329 not found.
Debug Error:  Ship (Vengeance) is in a fleet, but fleet with ID=330 not found.
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Club Bouncer 2 2723. Orbiting: 0
Debug Error:  Ship (Club Bouncer 2 1878) is in a fleet, but fleet with ID=331 not found.
Debug Error:  Ship (Vengeance) is in a fleet, but fleet with ID=332 not found.
Debug Error:  Ship (Club Bouncer 2 1878) is in a fleet, but fleet with ID=333 not found.
Debug Error:  Ship (Drath Heavy Fighter M12 v4 4616) is in a fleet, but fleet with ID=334 not found.
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Drath Heavy Fighter M12 v4 4616. Orbiting: 1
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Drath Heavy Fighter M12 v4 4616. Orbiting: 0
Debug Error:  Ship (Mining Starbase 184) is in a fleet, but fleet with ID=335 not found.
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Drath Frigate M9 v2 2153. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Mining Starbase 184. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Mining Starbase 184. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Number of ships: 147, Number of Fleets: 36
Debug Message:  Year: 2239. Drath Legion traded Research Centers to the Terran Alliance in exchange for Impulse Drive Mark II
Debug Message:  Saving game D:\Documents\My Games\GC2TwilightArnor\QuickSave.tmp
Debug Message:  Number of ships: 147, Number of Fleets: 36
Debug Message:  InvasionWnd: Cannot find OBJID Invasion_View_Toggle
Debug Message:  InvasionWnd: Cannot find OBJID Invasion_Right_Def_Title
Debug Message:  InvasionWnd: Cannot find OBJID Invasion_Left_Def_Title
Debug Message:  InvasionWnd: Cannot find OBJID Invasion_Progress_Image
Debug Message:  InvasionWnd: Cannot find OBJID Invasion_Right_Def_Value
Debug Message:  InvasionWnd: Cannot find OBJID Invasion_Left_Def_Value
Debug Message:  InvasionWnd: Cannot find OBJID Invasion_Window_Title
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Transport 3896. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Immortals Club Fleet 292. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Our agents have just notified us that they have stolen information relating to the technology Tidal Disruption from the Drath Legion. The information will be in the hands of our scientists and engineers before the end of the day, so that we may begin to utilize this information immediately.
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Terran Freighter M2 v1 1999. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  Destroying ship Terran Freighter M2 v1 2245. Orbiting: 0
Debug Message:  ForeignRelationsWnd: Cannot find OBJID Foreign_Relations_Destabilize_Slider
Debug Message:  ForeignRelationsWnd: Cannot find OBJID Foreign_Relations_Destabilize_Scale
Debug Message:  ForeignRelationsWnd: Cannot find OBJID Foreign_Relations_Destabilize_Title
Debug Message:  ForeignRelationsWnd: Cannot find OBJID Foreign_Relations_Destabilize_Value
Debug Message:  TradeWnd: Cannot find OBJID Trade_R_Money_Image
Debug Message:  TradeWnd: Cannot find OBJID Trade_R_Goods_Image
Debug Message:  TradeWnd: Cannot find OBJID Trade_R_Treaties_Image
Debug Message:  TradeWnd: Cannot find OBJID Trade_R_Tech_Image
Debug Message:  TradeWnd: Cannot find OBJID Trade_R_Ships_Image
Debug Message:  TradeWnd: Cannot find OBJID Trade_R_Systems_Image
Debug Message:  Number of ships: 151, Number of Fleets: 35
Debug Message:  Number of ships: 152, Number of Fleets: 35
Debug Message:  Giving AI ship Terran Fleet 110 with owner 7 command 3 that doesn't match assignment 7
Debug Message:  Yearly Status Dialog
Debug Message:  Yearly Status Dialog 3
Debug Message:  Yearly Status Dialog 3o
Debug Message:  Number of ships: 153, Number of Fleets: 35
Debug Message:  Ship Mining Starbase 4625 has a bad ship assignment (7).  Setting it to NO_ASSIGNMENT.

September 29, 2008 9:37:09 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I tried updating my video drivers from some of the links mentioned earlier but I got an error message saying that it didn't match my drivers or something.

They're most likely out of date or improperly installed, given the lack of driver info from DirectX and the buffering crash. You should be able to get ones that work for your machine from laptopvideo2go.com.

Updated to the latest beta patch caused crashes every attempt to load.

Saves are generally not cross-version compatible.

If you still have SDC around, grab SmartException from the free stuff section, and run it before the game. It should write an error log when the game crashes that you can send in to gc2bugs@stardock.com.

September 30, 2008 5:13:59 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I'm trying to run the game under VirtualBox as I'm using GNU/Linux and since Impulse will not work under wine and there's no way to get a standalone installation. I've managed to install the game just fine but I can't play it. I just get a black screen and nothing appears

Debug.err here

It seems that the game cannot initialize my display but I'm well over the minimum specs I believe.

Hope there's a solution and I didn't just throw 40€ away.

Btw, I'm trying to open the link on top (http://forums.galciv2.com/?forumid=162&aid=122873) but I get a 403 error

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001656   Page Render Time: